Religious FREEDOM in india

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Hindu Extremists Suspected In Blaze Aimed At Christian Missionaries In Eastern India

Suspected Hindu hard-liners set an orphanage run by Christian missionaries on fire in eastern India on Monday, killing one nun and seriously injuring a priest, police said.

The attack occurred in Khuntapali, a village in Orissa state, during a strike called by the World Hindu Council to protest Saturday's killing of a Hindu religious leader and four others by suspected communist rebels in another district of the state, Ashok Biswal, superintendent of police, told The Associated Press.

Khuntapali is nearly 250 miles west of Bhubaneshwar, the capital of Orissa state.

In the past Hindu extremists in Orissa state have attacked Christian missionaries. In 1999 an Australian missionary, Graham Staines, and his two sons were killed by a Hindu mob that set their car on fire.

On Monday, a group of Hindu hard-liners converged on the orphanage and asked nearly 20 residents to leave the complex, Biswal said.

They then set the orphanage on fire with the nun and the priest locked inside, the police officer said.

The nun died and the priest was hospitalized with serious burns, Biswal said.

The region is marked by religious tensions between Christian missionaries who work with mostly poor tribes in the region and hard-line Hindu groups that claim the Christians are forcing or bribing people to convert.

Churches have denied that residents have been pressured or bribed to change their religious beliefs.

Indian law accepts missionaries but bars forced conversions. Nevertheless, any missionary activity generally provokes controversy.

Hindus account for 84 percent of India's more than 1.2 billion population and Christians about 2.4 percent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/25/world/main4379576.shtml

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
Inko sirf musalmaan he moun dey saktey hain aur datey ayee hain ... Sikh bhe thali ka bangaan hain Nankana sahab aana ho tou pakistan ki tareefain aur india main bath k brahman k talwey chattey hain aur laat bhe khatey hain phir woh opration blue star hoo ya 83 indra's murder... for all the RSS, bajrang dal and shiv sana one tiger memon was enough as that was the first and the last time they looked at a masjid with a wicked eye.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=74f_1178714284[/video]

I would like to add the following information to this post. This video is four years old and may have been posted in this forum many a times. Such is the hatred of India of some of the members.

Added: May-9-2007
In: Other / Miscellaneous
Tags: India, Beating, Mob, Persecution, Jesus
By: SGT_USMC
Marked as: approved
Views: 11070 | Comments: 33 | Votes: 1 | Favorites: 4 | Shared: 8 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1 | Reported as repost: 0
Email0 Share0 Digg

Unicorn

Banned
I would like to add the following information to this post. This video is four years old and may have been posted in this forum many a times. Such is the hatred of India of some of the members.

Views: 11070 | Comments: 33 | Votes: 1 | Favorites: 4 | Shared: 8 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1 | Reported as repost: 0
Email0 Share0 Digg

These type of things don't happen very often so they have go get good mileage when they do happen. Attack on Christians is daily occurrence in Pakistan I could post a new incident against them every day. There are losts of you tube videos.

jujuju

Banned
now unicorn, why defend this nonsense, jaane do. ghalati maan lo...we are a deeply flawed country, nothing wrong in accepting it.

however for info sake for our paki friends, christians are free to spread their religion in india, by all possible democratic means, which i dont think they have the same rights in any islamic country. so with such a large difference in rights, there is no means for you guys to comment. i hope the ppl who post these videos are actively fighting for full and free rights for christians in pakistan.

These type of things don't happen very often so they have go get good mileage when they do happen. Attack on Christians is daily occurrence in Pakistan I could post a new incident against them every day. There are losts of you tube videos.

Unicorn

Banned
now unicorn, why defend this nonsense, jaane do. ghalati maan lo...we are a deeply flawed country, nothing wrong in accepting it.

however for info sake for our paki friends, christians are free to spread their religion in india, by all possible democratic means, which i dont think they have the same rights in any islamic country. so with such a large difference in rights, there is no means for you guys to comment. i hope the ppl who post these videos are actively fighting for full and free rights for christians in pakistan.

Ok bro. I am so sorry.

junaids

MPA (400+ posts)
To our Indian friends. I, for one, can see how free Christians are in Bharat and the love they are getting from y'all!

junaids

MPA (400+ posts)
Go ahead and explain the anti-conversion laws enacted in many states throughout Bharat. What freedom to preach are you two talking about here?

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
See this is where Indians are partial ...video can be a 1000 years old ...The holocaust is 50 years old ..but yet in western countries theyre are laws against its denial and people are punished for denying it ...This is NOT HATRED...if you see something wrong CONDEMN it !! ...whats wrong with you indians !!

You guys are worse than ranting children ...learn to grow up ~~(bigsmile)(bigsmile)

Email0 Share0 Digg

jujuju

Banned
i hope you are actively fighting for free choice of religion and propogating all religions in pakistan and in other islamic countries with which you identlfy??? when i see this video i am pissed off and ready to fight against these idiot radicals. are you willing to take the same stand and allow christians to freely try and convert people in pakistan?

sau chuhe khake bili haj ko chali.

Go ahead and explain the anti-conversion laws enacted in many states throughout Bharat. What freedom to preach are you two talking about here?

ammar26

MPA (400+ posts)
however for info sake for our paki friends, christians are free to spread their religion in india, by all possible democratic means, which i dont think they have the same rights in any islamic country. so with such a large difference in rights

ISLAM clearly allows every religion to be preached inside Islamic state
And Every Muslim country allows this including Pakistan

jujuju

Banned
wow i didnt know that. you mean in pakistan it is ok if a christian pastor preaches the message of christ and converts a muslim to christianity? it certainly is not true in any part of the muslim world west of pakistan execpt in turkey(maybe). are you really sure???
ISLAM clearly allows every religion to be preached inside Islamic state
And Every Muslim country allows this including Pakistan

ammar26

MPA (400+ posts)
wow i didnt know that. you mean in pakistan it is ok if a christian pastor preaches the message of christ and converts a muslim to christianity? it certainly is not true in any part of the muslim world west of pakistan execpt in turkey(maybe). are you really sure???

Islam offers competition, you are allowed to preach your religion, you can debate and you can compete to justify your religion is right or not

By the way ISLAM is the most FAST spreading religion now, more after 9/11 according to stats
And it very very very very very rarely occurs that a Muslim is converted to some other religion

Last edited:

junaids

MPA (400+ posts)
i hope you are actively fighting for free choice of religion and propogating all religions in pakistan and in other islamic countries with which you identlfy??? when i see this video i am pissed off and ready to fight against these idiot radicals. are you willing to take the same stand and allow christians to freely try and convert people in pakistan?

sau chuhe khake bili haj ko chali.

So you agree, that Bharat does not allow minorities to preach in peace as you had wrongly stated in your earlier post. The claim of Bharat being the largest democracy, with a forward looking and educated populace holds hollow, when you see such atrocities being inflicted on your minorities, by the so called educated. However, you still see a bigger need to come on a Pakistani forum to preach to us about democracy and minority rights. Please utilize your energies to improve your own country first, show us by example that you can take better care of all within your borders, and then, you may have a right to educate your neighbors.

jujuju

Banned
i never make such silly black and white arguments. you see christians trying in all parts of india to convert people. sometimes during this, they are victimized and many the times they are not. i accept the fact that they are victimized and i am willing to fight against the society to ensure that. for e.g. i studied in a christian school, and sometimes the Jesuit Fathers who taught us would come home and give out bibles and freely invite us to join christianity without any fear. "Bharats" government and law allows them to do that freely. its certain elements of society, certain political parties (mainly the hindu rightwing) who indulge in threatening them. if you do not understand this it is hard to help you.

Also the fight against these religious zeolots is a constant fight. there is no rest. the amount of effort the left and liberal classes have put in for e.g. narenndra modi and godhra case should be a lesson for all. its very hard to nail him down legally becuz in gujarat he can slow/stop all investigations. we in the left understood this, and so instead there was a massive campaign to malign his reputation. initialy BJP was promoting modi as a candidate for prime-minister. but after a protracted campaign the tables have been turned. thus the moral of the story is that all societies have to organize themselves at all levels and fight these fascists as best as they can.

now i dont know the laws of pakistan very well, but when i venture a guess, i think it does not allow any religion other than islam to seek converts and propagate. so whether i tell you anything or not, it is ur primary responsibility to fight against these laws at the social/economic and political level.
lastly i dont come here to teach anyone anything. i joined this forum to polish my urdu. thats all. thats why inspite of my much longer membership my comments are very rare except in the last month or so.
So you agree, that Bharat does not allow minorities to preach in peace as you had wrongly stated in your earlier post. The claim of Bharat being the largest democracy, with a forward looking and educated populace holds hollow, when you see such atrocities being inflicted on your minorities, by the so called educated. However, you still see a bigger need to come on a Pakistani forum to preach to us about democracy and minority rights. Please utilize your energies to improve your own country first, show us by example that you can take better care of all within your borders, and then, you may have a right to educate your neighbors.

jujuju

Banned
ammar i think you are not telling the truth. what islam does or says is not of my interest. the question was whether the muslim countries (other than maybe turkey) allow other religions to freely distribute material and convert people. so can i carry bibles and crosses to jeddah and move around in town and distribute them to saudi citizens and solicit them to join christianity? REALLY? and i am asking whether they have legal permission or not. the first step is to legally permit them (like india does) . the next much harder step is to ensure that the process is safe (it can get unsafe sometimes in india, like the above video shows) which is more of a political fight then legal.
next as per your claim that islam is the fastest growing religion. i dont understand what relevance it has to this debate. i think islam is a good religion but like all other religions it is deeply flawed. and the reason muslims rarely leave islam is that u start calling them murtad and declare them to be wajib-ul-qatal. in america where i live i see lot of people who have converted to islam (not born into it) freely convert out of it. in fact a somali/sudani cleric even said the american president obama is murtad and shold be $%^^.

Islam offers competition, you are allowed to preach your religion, you can debate and you can compete to justify your religion is right or not

By the way ISLAM is the most FAST spreading religion now, more after 9/11 according to stats
And it very very very very very rarely occurs that a Muslim is converted to some other religion

Last edited:

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
QUOTE]

Are they living in Dharavi now? BTW I applaud Shabna Azmi who supports Anna's movement on Anti-corruption and it is irony that her husband is supporting Govt. trying to quell this movement?

[video]http://blip.tv/indiamobilejockeytv/bollywood-motorman-to-support-anna-hazare-shabana-azmi-pooja-bhatt-urmila-matondkar-5031554[/video]

Last edited: