Is O&G Pipeline from Pakistan to China feasible

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)
Although the mess india or America is trying to create with China has no moral backing.
But in any case, I had a one question in mind,

Is a pipeline from Iran to Pakistan and then to China is feasible or not?

Although its a very long distance as well as rough and difficult terrain as well very far from major population centres in China......................

Is there any possibility of any such future project??

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)
yes it is feasible, all subject to China's needs! if China goes ahead then Pakistan will be a unprecedented beneficiary.
I think this should be done as a part of ML-1 Project.
It is going to give huge bonus to our economy.......................If Railway line is possible then Pipeline corridor is possible as well.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Although the mess india or America is trying to create with China has no moral backing.

Although its a very long distance as well as rough and difficult terrain as well very far from major population centres in China......................

Here's the way I look at it.

Distance or terrain is not a problem.

The real problem is the current regime of mullas in iran. They do not adhere to any international norms.... since their foreign policy is based on deceits and deceptions. They formulate their foreign policy thru the narrow prism of their misguided ideology and not based upon mutual trust or based upon any principle. Once country "A" shakes hand with them, their bigot spies in the garb of diplomats start behaving just like the chickens have come home to roost in that country. They create problems in the host country as well as in the region, and when caught, they conveniently walk away from their obligations. It is for this reason this country is ALONE in the world. Its neighbors... neither Pakistan nor Turkey trust this regime. If you have recollection... in the era of Raza Shah Pehlvi we 3 countries were interlinked thru railway links and viable roads thru RCD (Regional Cooperation Development). What happened since these ignorant bigot mullas grabbed the power? The 1st thing they did was to export their misguided ideology to Pakistan, Turkey and the gulf states Saudi Arabia included. History tells us that is not the way civilized nations behave. Whatever you believe in.... you are free to practice it in your own country within your borders but don't try to behave like a "ghunda" of a mohalla.

If the US, EU and the UN has put sanctions on this country it is because of this uncivilized behavior of this regime and it has to blame itself. You mend your ways and join the comity of civilized world.

Until that happens Pakistan should stay away from this epicenter of terrorism. We have already paid enough thru over innocent lives and colossal loss to our economy for this terrorism. This country has been working in connivance with india against us in Afghanistan and elsewhere. This country has the audacity to recruit misguided youth from our country, train them in terrorist craft and send them to Syria, Yemen, Lebanon in their terror proxies... "Fatmiyoun" and "Zainbiyoun". That is what that sulemani guy (liquidated by the US) was doing. When these Pakistani guys were caught in the above 3 countries iran conveniently walked away... O' these were Pakistanis and iran has nothing to do with them. SIC.
And when Pakistani COAS flew to iran telling them not to do this, that sulemani guy threatened Pakistan of retaliation.
You want to do business with such a regime just to make few bucks?? O' come on my dear friend Nadir!
I don't think so it would be a prudent decision at this point in time. In the future when the situation and behaviors change.... then YES, why not!

This is my view, you are at liberty to differ with it.

karachiwala

previously there was a pipeline going to endia too. you know the good thing about that was that Iran was going to sell it cheaper to endia than Pakistan and was not willing to give much in return for letting the pipeline run through our lands.
those who are euphoric should remember it will be the same deal. some will gladly accept is it serves the great nation of faras while some will think that government will be strong and some will hate it as it does not serves us anything and is like aiding your enemy. my opinion is the last if any one did not understand.

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)

The real problem is the current regime of mullas in iran. They do not adhere to any international norms.... since their foreign policy is based on deceits and deceptions. They formulate their foreign policy thru the narrow prism of their misguided ideology and not based upon mutual trust or based upon any principle. Once country "A" shakes hand with them, their bigot spies in the garb of diplomats start behaving just like the chickens have come home to roost in that country. They create problems in the host country as well as in the region, and when caught, they conveniently walk away from their obligations. It is for this reason this country is ALONE in the world. Its neighbors... neither Pakistan nor Turkey trust this regime. If you have recollection... in the era of Raza Shah Pehlvi we 3 countries were interlinked thru railway links and viable roads thru RCD (Regional Cooperation Development). What happened since these ignorant bigot mullas grabbed the power? The 1st thing they did was to export their misguided ideology to Pakistan, Turkey and the gulf states Saudi Arabia included. History tells us that is not the way civilized nations behave. Whatever you believe in.... you are free to practice it in your own country within your borders but don't try to behave like a "ghunda" of a mohalla.

If the US, EU and the UN has put sanctions on this country it is because of this uncivilized behavior of this regime and it has to blame itself. You mend your ways and join the comity of civilized world.

Until that happens Pakistan should stay away from this epicenter of terrorism. We have already paid enough thru over innocent lives and colossal loss to our economy for this terrorism. This country has been working in connivance with india against us in Afghanistan and elsewhere. This country has the audacity to recruit misguided youth from our country, train them in terrorist craft and send them to Syria, Yemen, Lebanon in their terror proxies... "Fatmiyoun" and "Zainbiyoun". That is what that sulemani guy (liquidated by the US) was doing. When these Pakistani guys were caught in the above 3 countries iran conveniently walked away... O' these were Pakistanis and iran has nothing to do with them. SIC.
And when Pakistani COAS flew to iran telling them not to do this, that sulemani guy threatened Pakistan of retaliation.
You want to do business with such a regime just to make few bucks?? O' come on my dear friend Nadir!
I don't think so it would be a prudent decision at this point in time. In the future when the situation and behaviors change.... then YES, why not!

Ok then it can be Gulf-Pakistan-China Pipeline.
China is huge market for oil now.
But is there economic feasibility of this project? Can China take this risk to invest in such projects?
It is going to be huge investment and if it is feasible to abndon sea routes............

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Personally I wouldn't want Pakistan to get involved in anything with its enemy the Sectarian Fascist Republic Of Iran until the Mullahcracy is in power.

Also regardless from where it originates it would be very expensive and very difficult to build and maintain a pipeline through to China through the highest mountain range in the world with some of the most extreme weather. Also providing it security throughout the year would be very hard. I'm sure If it was feasible and economically viable it would have been included in the CPEC project.

Pumping oil and gas from sea level to 4600 meters will take quite a lot of effort.

Dr Adam

Ok then it can be Gulf-Pakistan-China Pipeline.
China is huge market for oil now.
But is there economic feasibility of this project? Can China take this risk to invest in such projects?
It is going to be huge investment and if it is feasible to abndon sea routes............

A retired foreign secy friend in the know of the things had told me that China was already in negotiations with Saudi Arabia to prepare a feasibility for importing gas and oil from that country thru Pakistan. Don't forget..... out of the blue announcement of Prince Muhammad Bin Sultan to establish an oil refinery at Gawadar. China is an energy hungry country they will try to tap each and every resource available to them. SA having much bigger GDP as compared with iran, mark my words....sooner or later, no matter what the US or india say to SA, they are bound to join CPEC for their own good, and as a byproduct to SA China and another gulf countries deal, Pakistan would be a big beneficiary. Win win for all of us!

Pathfinder

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think this should be done as a part of ML-1 Project.
It is going to give huge bonus to our economy.......................If Railway line is possible then Pipeline corridor is possible as well.
Iran will have to stop harboring indian proxies in the region and so will afghanistan. Iran will have no choice as indian proxies will do everything to hamper the gas supply so its in Irans interest to get rid on indian proxies.

Then afghanistan will have to be dealt with too. all pro indian peepee, tooi party, anp, ptm that taki wearing clown achakzai. diesel will have to be rid off. as they are indian stooges in Pakistan.

Eyeaan

I've little knowledge in this field - but just for clarification. What do you mean by feasible - Are your concerned about relative operational costs (pumping/maintenance/temperatures/ year-round weather) or construction costs. Sure it will be an engineering feat if it is financially feasible. I assume shipping is quite cheap but china's concern is about security and reliability as well.

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)
I've little knowledge in this field - but just for clarification. What do you mean by feasible - Are your concerned about relative operational costs (pumping/maintenance/temperatures/ year-round weather) or construction costs. Sure it will be an engineering feat if it is financially feasible. I assume shipping is quite cheap but china's concern is about security and reliability as well.
"concerned about relative operational costs (pumping/maintenance/temperatures/ year-round weather) or construction costs."

If it is only linked with security then China has the option to buy all O&G from Russia.There are no security concerns on that corridor.

Afraheem

Senator (1k+ posts)

Spot on brother and hope you will be ready to take all that biased comments thrown at you from idoitic sympathizer within our midst. Iran treated them like tissue paper and yet they believe its their sectarian duty to safe guard Iranian interests in Pakistan.
I have personally dealt with them and you cant even trust them for second. they will stab your back the very second you turn your face away.

Dr Adam

Spot on brother and hope you will be ready to take all that biased comments thrown at you from idoitic sympathizer within our midst. Iran treated them like tissue paper and yet they believe its their sectarian duty to safe guard Iranian interests in Pakistan.
I have personally dealt with them and you cant even trust them for second. they will stab your back the very second you turn your face away.

O' I don't care about those majoosi raunchy rascals. They are not educated enough.... even to think of entering into a civilized debate with me. I can take their pants off in a second, and there are many on this forum already fed up with their profanity and slurs against our Islamic faith and our revered Islamic icons. We all know how to deal with them. When these people are cornered in a second, they will call you kafir, marzai and what not. Who cares brother? Alhamdolillah, we are "Raasikh ul Aqeedah Musalman" and we don't need their certificates. To hell with them.
Anyway, nice taking to you and keep in touch.

Hussain1967

I agree to the most what you wrote about Iran’s relationship with Pakistan. But, in my view, Pakistan should engage with all its neighbours, including India. Don’t leave Iran alone. Otherwise, they will keep destabilising Balochistan.

Dr Adam

I agree to the most what you wrote about Iran’s relationship with Pakistan. But, in my view, Pakistan should engage with all its neighbours, including India. Don’t leave Iran alone. Otherwise, they will keep destabilising Balochistan.

Sure, but only on equal footings. Not that India considers herself as a big brother. Similarly, if Iran behaves..... then why not? Recall our good relations with Iran when Reza Shah Pehlvi was the ruler. Dynamics of our relationship changed when Iran started meddling in our internal affairs after Shah... which no sovereign country ever allows.