How much non muslims know about muslims

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
It is always very intriguing to read comments from people in the online newspapers and I try to read as much as possible. One comment in today ABC newspaper that made me really feel ashamed that how obvious are the differences among muslims. The news was about the new FortHood suspect but among the other comments, I thought I should share this comment with you. May be it will serve as an eye opener for those religious extremists who only consider their brand of Islam as Islam and consider rests as kafirs and consider their blood halah for themselves.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-...pire-magazine/comments?type=story&id=14187568

Above is the link where you can read the comment and here is the comment.

" were is this kid from? was he always a muslim? i have been to the middle east, africa. and these kid's born in america need to visit these country's and see for themselves how much muslim hate each other. and then tell me what god's will is. "

The way todays muslims have exploited this religion of peace and tranquality is unprecendented. The bloodshed they do in the name of Islam and in the name of the display of their love for the honor of Prophet Muhammad PBUH, Sahaba RA, their doctrine of faith has reached unimaginable heights of jahalat. Some times I feel so frustrated that who can change these mindless goons. They do not listen becuase for them they are the most righteous. I do not know who is responsible for killing a human being that might have lived to accept the truth. Who will bear the onus of that person dying without getting enough opportunity to be guided towards the truth.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
In today's world the words like Jihad etc., has no meaning and it only makes understanding of religion worse.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
you dont even know the litral meaning of jihad......so keep distance from our matters(thumbsdown)

Rather than telling people to keep away, why don't you explain the literal meaning ? In western societies it is misunderstood as " holy war" because of some fanatics like Al Qaeda or Taliban. So, if you tell people to keep distance from your matters, then how can you change their mindset ?

QADIANITRUTH

Senator (1k+ posts)
Rather than telling people to keep away, why don't you explain the literal meaning ? In western societies it is misunderstood as " holy war" because of some fanatics like Al Qaeda or Taliban. So, if you tell people to keep distance from your matters, then how can you change their mindset ?

You have a valid point. Let me give it a try, though I don't qualify as I am an ordinary Muslim, not a scholar.

JIHAD means to strive or to make an effort. There are different levels of Jihad. The highest degree of Jihad is against ones own self and desires. Then comes telling the truth in front of a cruel and oppressor ruler.

Then comes the armed struggle against offender and in defense of self and property. In today's word, Jihad is given only one meaning which is armed struggle or fight. Generally, Muslims also give the above meaning (armed struggle) to Jihad. Also, Muslims consider JIHAD is a great act in the name of Allah.

But biased media and those who hate Islam, equate 'terrorism' with 'jihad' which is total dishonesty and false.

In the end, I invite others who know better to please correct me if I am wrong as I am no scholar.

hawk eyed

MPA (400+ posts)
because no matter how much we try to explain you people follow a specific mindset ...as the whole world saw western papers n media blaming "islamists"for the trgedy in oslo even before probing into the matter..
and now as you can see no "terrorist" tag for bevrik even though he killed 94 people alone rather they are endevouring to declare him insane or retarded so thats the reason you should keep away...well if you are so much willing to eradicate misconceptions from your mind better refer to DR ZAKIR NAIK`S lectures.