Benevolent and Visionary Sir Musharraf - Pakistan Flourished under his Policies - acceptance evolvin

opinion_786

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Brother, I'll give you the correct figures. Do the average.

Real GDP growth
EU (27 countries)

2001 - 2%
2002 - 1.2%
2003 - 1.3%
2004 - 2.5%
2005 - 2%
2006 - 3.2%
2007 - 2.9%
2008 - 0.8%

Euro area
2001 - 1.9%
2002 - 0.9%
2003 - 0.8%
2004 - 2.1%
2005 - 1.7%
2006 - 3%
2007 - 2.7%
2008 - 0.6%

Firstly, Musharraf era also had to endure these problems, however we still had growth. Conducive enviroment encouraged private sector to establish its own generation capacity, alongwith its business.

Secondly, the power production has been accepted in National Assembly. The ministry of power & water has conceded that 2200 MW increased and injected in system. However, according to ECE report, around 4000 MW. Its the government's job to manage their finances and fulfil obligations.

Ok, have to go now. Will be back tomm. Thanks.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
I have all the documents frrom these institutions and I also know the truth. However had you read only the newspapers, perhaps you would have known as well.

IMF, WB praise Pakistan's economic and fiscal performance

http://pakistantimes.net/2004/01/28/top3.htm

PAK Economic growth has bolstered intl confidence: WB

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\03\23\story_23-3-2007_pg5_16

World Bank President praises Pakistan's recent economic achievement

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-3651986/World-Bank-President-praises-Pakistan.html#abstract

IMF praise for Pakistan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2677821.stm

"ADB praises micro-finance in Pakistan

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_28-12-2004_pg7_40

The world's most dangerous haven or Asia's Best Stock Exchange Karachi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/27/guess-which-country-has-t_n_83496.html

Strong growth, aggressive privatisation boost FDI inflows: World Investment Report 2007

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\10\20\story_20-10-2007_pg5_6

I must admit the hard work of yours, its shows you have great capability working on figures, Excellent job.

Would you mind if I repeat my question, this time only answer to my Question, please don't pour these kind of valuable informations, which probably, I would like to keep in my archieve.

"Why economy cloapsed so rapidly after exit of Musharaf"

Regards

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
OPINION 786 or KHAN125.............pls explain bcs u take all figurs and data all from authentic source ........................and u say all is well.............but where..........kia pakistan me before 2.5 years can u show on ground reality .................kia revolation aachuka tha..........or hamari awam poority line se stand up ho ke middle class tak aagai thi...................not at all.....................or agar ye sub documentation ke mutabiq agar kisi country ki conditotion ho to kia next govt.........with in 2,5 years me is tarah bed service deti...........logic say no...........is ke berkhelaf hamari Pakistan me middle totaly ended...............or ab only 2 community available RICH AND POOR...............or distance give possiablity .............KRIMNELITY:::::::TERRORISM::::::::::or all other BED THINK BY YOUTH IN POOR COMMUNITY................................thats reason in reality.....................we dont need more atopsy with Dr, MUSHRRAF ..............NO THANKS

janjawad

Voter (50+ posts)
u have uploaded the videos where these anchors are praising musharaf? if you say i can post thousand more videos where they are against him ... if u want us to value their comments ... than why just selected comments? why not everything they hav commented about him ... Musharaf sahib nay abhi boht say bagunnah khoooooooooon ka hisab dena ha .....

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Overall Vision of Our leader – Musharraf

1. Pakistan economy was the 3rd fastest growing economy after China & India in 2006.

2. Pakistan in 1999 was an economy of $75 billion and now in 2007 it is a $160 billion economy.

3. Under Musharraf’s vision: 9 world class Engineering universities being developed.

4. Private sector institutions have increased from 36,096 (in 1999) to become 81,103 (in 2006).

5. Pakistan is the 3rd best in world Banking profitability.

6. Pakistan IT industry now values around $2.8 billion, including $1.4 billion of IT exports.

7. Around 80,000 direct jobs & 500,000 indirect jobs have been created by the Telecom sector alone.

8. Industrial Parks are being setup throughout the country for the very first time.

9. Major Mega projects like the Saindak, Rekodiq, Marble production, Coal production and Mining & Quarrying are being pursued.

10. GDP growth is now 6%. Earlier it was 3.5%.

11. Foreign Reserves from $1 billion to $17 billion.

12. Karachi stock market: rose from 700 points to 13,000 points.

13. Literacy rate has improved by 11%.

14. Poverty levels have decreased by 10%.

15. 3 dams have been constructed: Mirani, Subakzai, Gomalzam dams.

16. 6 Motorways completed or under construction: M1, M3, M8, M9, M10, M11.

17. Six major highways under construction.

18. GWADAR advance Mega Sea port developed under Musharraf’s vision.

19. Historic 100% increase in Tax collection of $11 billion.

20. Large scale manufacturing is 30 year high.

21. Construction activity is 17 years high.

22. Newly found World class copper- gold deposits in Chagai will fetch around $600 million per year.

23. Pakistan has joined the ranks of gold producing countries by producing 7.746 tonnes of gold during the last five years – 2004 to 2008 and 86,013 tonnes of copper and 11.046 tonne silver, besides the production of 14,482 tonnes of magnetite concentrate (iron), bringing in a total of $633.573 million.

24. A new Oil refinery with UAE will fetch $5 billion & will process 300,000 oil barrels a day.

25. CNG sector has attracted over $70 billion investment in last 5 years.

26. Industrial sector registered 26% growth.

27. Lowari Tunnel, a Rs.8 billion worth project, started in 2005, inaugurated by General Musharraf in 2006, a 9 km long and 7.5 meter wide tunnel, would be the biggest freight tunnel in Asia.

For detailed Information see - Musharraf Era: Pakistan Flourishes

For Sources: http://presidentmusharraf.wordpress.com/2008/07/01/overall-economy-under-musharraf/

He gave india kashmir like ayub gave india the rights of three of our rivers...so much for alll ur above mentioned achievements ...go jump infront of a moving truck

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Brother, I'll give you the correct figures. Do the average.

Real GDP growth
EU (27 countries)

2001 - 2%
2002 - 1.2%
2003 - 1.3%
2004 - 2.5%
2005 - 2%
2006 - 3.2%
2007 - 2.9%
2008 - 0.8%

Euro area
2001 - 1.9%
2002 - 0.9%
2003 - 0.8%
2004 - 2.1%
2005 - 1.7%
2006 - 3%
2007 - 2.7%
2008 - 0.6%

Firstly, Musharraf era also had to endure these problems, however we still had growth. Conducive enviroment encouraged private sector to establish its own generation capacity, alongwith its business.

Secondly, the power production has been accepted in National Assembly. The ministry of power & water has conceded that 2200 MW increased and injected in system. However, according to ECE report, around 4000 MW. Its the government's job to manage their finances and fulfil obligations.

Ok, have to go now. Will be back tomm. Thanks.

Please check again these are inflation adjusted figures
Don't Keep Comparing Pakistan with Europe
India and China are comparable countries for GDP growth compaison.

opinion_786

Please check again these are inflation adjusted figures
Don't Keep Comparing Pakistan with Europe
India and China are comparable countries for GDP growth compaison.

Economist record it this way. This is the standard way for final presentation. Average comes to less than 2%.

Secondly, its you who wrote, in your post #32,
"Word economies boomed during this period so this is nothing exceptional"

You compared world economies, not I. Pakistan was booming when these economies rocked average 2%. Today, Pakistan is 2% and India and China still average 7% to 9%. Policies and leadership matters.

opinion_786

I must admit the hard work of yours, its shows you have great capability working on figures, Excellent job. Would you mind if I repeat my question, this time only answer to my Question, please don't pour these kind of valuable informations, which probably, I would like to keep in my archieve. "Why economy cloapsed so rapidly after exit of Musharaf" Regards

I have answered all your questions. Now if you would not mind, I want to ask you a question. "How did you measure that the economy collapsed"? What is collapse by your definition? And, I am all open to your valuable information. Regards

wahmed

Councller (250+ posts)
Why would not he say that. He knew he is leaving Zardai behind. He knew he is getting safe passage in return . He also knew the NRO and its miracles.Those were the words of a traitor who was looking to get out of the country after completing his job as a foreign agent.Where was he heading ? One of those Master's backyard.

He didn't know he was leaving Zardari behing.... Musharaff was shocked and saddened himself, because smart people like you voted and elected Zardari as your rightful leader. His mistake was to think that people of Pakistan are smarter and they will never vote for Mr.10%

Uss qaum ko doob marna chaiyay jiss ka democratic ELECTED leader Zardari ho, waqaii Pakistan ka "khuda hee hafiz".

I really hope Zardari stays in govt for 5 years and then you can vote for Bilawal Zardari for the next 5.... as you have voted for Jamshed Dasti and likes of him, with even more votes, knowing that they are all fraud..... Now enjoy what you voted for... and that’s how democracy is the real Revenge.... haha!

Mushraff, dont come back, enjoy your life in London. Pakistanis dont deserve you, let them rot with their elected Zardaris, Dastis and Abidis. Even Allah doesn't help those who refuse to help themselves!

Last edited:

opinion_786

He gave india kashmir like ayub gave india the rights of three of our rivers...so much for alll ur above mentioned achievements ...go jump infront of a moving truck

This may be your perception. Not Kashmiris. This was their stand in 2005 and 2010.

Mirwaiz asks India to concede participation to Kashmiris

2005: The APHC Chairman in his interview appreciated the initiatives by Pakistan President Gen Pervez Musharraf on Kashmir particularly Islamabads unalterable central stress on participation of Kashmiris in the Pakistan-India Kashmir talks. It is a realistic approach of Pakistan, and India should also understand this reality with seriousness, he added
http://pakistantimes.net/2005/07/12/kashmir2.htm

Saudi mediation could resolve Kashmir issue, says Mirwaiz

22 April 2010 A delegation of Kashmiri leaders will visit the Kingdom within a month and hold talks with Saudi officials, said Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, leader of All-Parties Hurriyat Conference, an umbrella organization of pro-independence groups in Jammu and Kashmir.
Insisting on a political solution to the Kashmir issue, Farooq said in the given situation, the Musharraf formula was workable. He was referring to Pakistans former President Pervez Musharraf who suggested that India and Pakistan should consider the option of identifying some regions of Kashmir on both sides of the Line of Control, demilitarize them and grant them the status of independence or joint control or under a UN mandate.
http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article29706.ece?comments=all

opinion_786

Uss qaum ko doob marna chaiyay jiss ka democratic ELECTED leader Zardari ho, waqaii Pakistan ka "khuda hee hafiz".[/COLOR][/B]

Very well said brother! I wish they knew what shame really is, especially when they ELECT that in.

GeoG

Economist record it this way. This is the standard way for final presentation. Average comes to less than 2%.

Secondly, its you who wrote, in your post #32,

You compared world economies, not I. Pakistan was booming when these economies rocked average 2%. Today, Pakistan is 2% and India and China still average 7% to 9%. Policies and leadership matters.

For your kind information, Western Eruopean economies record and report two sets of GDP, a GDP as all over the world and Real GDP with inflation adjustment. Japan has started supporting such figures now and South Korea will follow suit in 2013.

Please don't be such a belatent lier, No mentioning of European GDP in comparison with Pakistan. What I wrote is as follows:

Pak Economy in 1999 was: $ 75 billion
Pak Economy in 2007 is: $ 160 billion

Average claimed Growth rate has been less than 7%, apply that 7% on 1999 and you come to 128 billion not 160 billion.

Now Justify this. Either you have to raise the base GDP of 1999 or increase the GDP of 14 percent p.a. which will be laughable or remove the juglery of Salman Shah from figures and give the real GDP of 2007.

Our current growth rate of 2 percent is not correct as well. Our contry is going through a Minus GDP in Real Terms but this is not our subject of our current debate.

opinion_786

For your kind information, Western Eruopean economies record and report two sets of GDP, a GDP as all over the world and Real GDP with inflation adjustment.

I know how GDP are reported. Nominal and Real. If you had concentrated a little, you would have seen which GDP I had taken :)

World registers Real and countries internally record Nominal. Instead of trying to explain your version, bring the figures, as I quoted them and we'll take out the average. My figures stand corrected. Average is below 2%, but I generously allow them average 2%. I want to see which figures allows them 5% ?

Real GDP growth
EU (27 countries)

2001 - 2%
2002 - 1.2%
2003 - 1.3%
2004 - 2.5%
2005 - 2%
2006 - 3.2%
2007 - 2.9%
2008 - 0.8%

Euro area
2001 - 1.9%
2002 - 0.9%
2003 - 0.8%
2004 - 2.1%
2005 - 1.7%
2006 - 3%
2007 - 2.7%
2008 - 0.6%

Average claimed Growth rate has been less than 7%, apply that 7% on 1999 and you come to 128 billion not 160 billion.

First confirm yourself that this GDP growth of 7% you are taking and multiplying is Real or Nominal? For European economies you want to take Nominal and for Pakistan you want to take Real? Common on.

I do not need to lie. Read your post #32 again. These are your words "
"World economies boomed during this period so this is nothing exceptional"

World economies did not boom, yet Pakistan was booming.

Last edited:

GeoG

I know how GDP are reported. Nominal and Real. If you had concentrated a little, you would have seen which GDP I had taken :)

World registers Real and countries internally record Nominal. Instead of trying to explain your version, bring the figures, as I quoted them and we'll take out the average. My figures stand corrected. Average is below 2%, but I generously allow them average 2%. I want to see which figures allows them 5% ?

Real GDP growth
EU (27 countries)

2001 - 2%
2002 - 1.2%
2003 - 1.3%
2004 - 2.5%
2005 - 2%
2006 - 3.2%
2007 - 2.9%
2008 - 0.8%

Euro area
2001 - 1.9%
2002 - 0.9%
2003 - 0.8%
2004 - 2.1%
2005 - 1.7%
2006 - 3%
2007 - 2.7%
2008 - 0.6%

First confirm yourself that this GDP growth of 7% you are taking and multiplying is Real or Nominal? For European economies you want to take Nominal and for Pakistan you want to take Real? Common on.

I do not need to lie. Read your post #32 again. These are your words "

World economies did not boom, yet Pakistan was booming.

Good Effort my dear to quickly search on Google about reporting of GDP but you will learn real knowledge about economy, just don't run because next questions are going to involve a lot of economic factors and ratios.

Maira Aik Cousin Thora Oncha Sunta Hai, Main Uc Ko Matlabi Bola Kehta Hoon Keh Jo Bat Matlab Ki Ho Woh Foran Sun Lay Ga Aur Agar Koi kam Keh Do Tou Loud Speaker Ki Awaz Bi Kam Ho Gi.
Don't copy my cousin, World economies referred to booming World economies, ie China India, Brazil, Korea, ...

Now Back to original question of my post:

Now Justify this. Either you have to raise the base GDP of 1999 or increase the GDP of 14 percent p.a. (year on year) which will be laughable or remove the juglery of Salman Shah from figures and give the real GDP of 2007.

ehsanali

MPA (400+ posts)
on Kamran Khan
Musharraf wanted to stay for smooth transition to proper democracy,How he could leave the country which he made to progress.He gave media freedom that is why Kamran Khan is wearing nice suit and had big bank account and what not.These people were responsible for anarchy and part of conspiracy to remove Musharraf when country needed him the most.Lawyers movement was fraud.

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

He didn't know he was leaving Zardari behing.... Musharaff was shocked and saddened himself, because smart people like you voted and elected Zardari as your rightful leader. His mistake was to think that people of Pakistan are smarter and they will never vote for Mr.10%

Uss qaum ko doob marna chaiyay jiss ka democratic ELECTED leader Zardari ho, waqaii Pakistan ka "khuda hee hafiz".

I really hope Zardari stays in govt for 5 years and then you can vote for Bilawal Zardari for the next 5.... as you have voted for Jamshed Dasti and likes of him, with even more votes, knowing that they are all fraud..... Now enjoy what you voted for... and that’s how democracy is the real Revenge.... haha!

Mushraff, dont come back, enjoy your life in London. Pakistanis dont deserve you, let them rot with their elected Zardaris, Dastis and Abidis. Even Allah doesn't help those who refuse to help themselves!

You are right. when he was implementing the NRO, The Zardari factor was not counted in. All he wanted from PPP to keep him as a president of Pakistan and that was the reason he signed NRO with American assistance to bring Benazir back.Pakistani people never voted Zardari. Zardari did not even take part in Election. Americans wanted to dump Musharraf since he was already used as a toilet paper by them and they were looking to consolidate their Future Army Compaigned in Afghanistan. Therefore they need another stooge which they found as Zardari. For Pakistani people, one foreign agent leaves and another comes in.What Musharraf could do for Pakistan other than what he already done for it. The American war , selling the country, running like a theif. He won't come back to Pakistan. Pakistani nation will take care of their own affairs.Musharraf should look after himself. Ask him to ensure he has extended visa For England.He will need it in the future.

opinion_786

Good Effort my dear to quickly search on Google about reporting of GDP but you will learn real knowledge about economy, just don't run because next questions are going to involve a lot of economic factors and ratios.
Don't copy my cousin, World economies referred to booming World economies, ie China India, Brazil, Korea, ...

Now Back to original question of my post:

So, you still don't have figures that confirm when you initially said 5% GDP growth of European countries and later FT's 3.9% ? My figures stand corrected.

Dear, had you read my post number #81 you would not have gone into trying to tell me about Google or how GDP is recorded. It was evidently written REAL GDP. Read my post #81 again.

Since, you refer India and China - you have still to tell me how Pakistan registered growth of 7% average when European economies averaged 2%? Also, why Pakistan is registering 2% when India and China still average 7% ?

You see you still don't know which figures you are taking while calculating the GDP. You need to learn how to calculate GDP and then you'll know how it comes to $160 bn. Since you believe in democratic governments. This is their PM saying this.

Business Recorder: October 25 2008: Gilani calls upon Chinese companies to invest in Pakistan in a big way: PM Our GDP has doubled to US $170 billion, our resilient population with a rich agriculture base and sufficient natural resources will support an economical revival.

Last edited:

opinion_786

You are right. when he was implementing the NRO, The Zardari factor was not counted in. All he wanted from PPP to keep him as a president of Pakistan and that was the reason he signed NRO with American assistance to bring Benazir back.Pakistani people never voted Zardari. Zardari did not even take part in Election.

NRO did not elect in PPP and nor did NRO specifiy that Zardari has to become the President. Where does NRO say that? People elected in PPP and they selected Zardari.

GeoG

So, you still don't have figures that confirm when you initially said 5% GDP growth of European countries and later FT's 3.9% ? My figures stand corrected.

Dear, had you read my post number #83 you would not have gone into trying to tell me about Google or how GDP is recorded. It was evidently written REAL GDP. Read my post #83 again.

Since, you refer India and China - you have still to tell me how Pakistan registered growth of 7% average when European economies averaged 2%? Also, why Pakistan is registering 2% when India and China still average 7% ?

You see you still don't know which figures you are taking while calculating the GDP. You need to learn how to calculate GDP and then you'll know how it comes to $160 bn. Since you believe in democratic governments. This is their PM saying this.

Don't Run from the question,
You have given two sets of figures

One Base Figure of 1999 as base GDP
then you claim 7 percent GDP growth
Then you have claimed a GDP of 170 Billion for 2007

Now Prove that how have you calculated and if you can't reach to 2007 figure, which figure is incorrect,
Simple.

opinion_786

Don't Run from the question,
You have given two sets of figures

One Base Figure of 1999 as base GDP
then you claim 7 percent GDP growth
Then you have claimed a GDP of 170 Billion for 2007

Now Prove that how have you calculated and if you can't reach to 2007 figure, which figure is incorrect,
Simple.

Brother, I would be more than willing to teach you Economics. However, as I have less time to do that. I would suggest that you leave the job of economist to them. The world is recording these figures.

For your guidance, however, I'll give you the figures recorded by IMF, World Bank and CIA Fact book. Considering that Pakistan's GDP has fallen to 2%.

IMF - $ 166.515 billion
World Bank - $ 166.545 billion
CIA Factbook - $ 166.500 billion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Pakistan Gross Domestic Product (GDP)

Pakistan Gross Domestic Product is worth 167 billion dollars or 0.27% of the world economy, according to the World Bank. Pakistan Gross Domestic Product (GDP) expanded at an annual rate of 2.00 percent over the last quarter. Pakistan's economy has suffered in the past from decades of internal political disputes, a fast growing population, mixed levels of foreign investment, and a costly, ongoing confrontation with neighboring India. However, IMF-approved government policies, bolstered by foreign investment and renewed access to global markets, have generated solid macroeconomic recovery during the last decade..

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Economics/GDP.aspx?symbol=PKR