Benevolent and Visionary Sir Musharraf - Pakistan Flourished under his Policies - acceptance evolvin

opinion_786

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
gdps accounts for the whole of the production activity of a country restricted into its geographical borders which also include the fdis (foreign direct investments), greenfield investments and joint ventures of the foreign stake holders which comprises of the foreign mncs and government institutions. Therefore in case of any conflict and economic volatility they are usually the first ones to shift there investments and finances from their host country. This can briefly explain to some extent the sorry state of pakistanis economy after the end of 2007 fiscal year. Gdp never accounts for the equitable wealth distribution and economic disparity of any country and therefore no matter how much inflated their gdp numbers showed up to convince the foreign investors and donor agencies the true state of such countries never become evident to the world apart from the indicator of hdi. Therefore the world leaders of economic growth rate based on gdps china and india are on the lowest matrices (china ranked 92 and india at 134 out of 182 countries) of the hdi as per the latest report of undp which was made public on october 2009 and contained the data of total 182 available countries up till the year of 2007.

Listen to what the international agencies were saying. Human Development Index improves over a period of time with constant growth.

PAK Economic growth has bolstered intl confidence: WB

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\03\23\story_23-3-2007_pg5_16

23-03-2007 - WASHINGTON: Pakistan's continued high growth and attractive business prospects have bolstered international investors' confidence and expanded US-Pakistan cooperation in various fields can help realize the South Asian country's enormous economic potential on modern lines, American and World Bank experts said at a discussion.

The discussion on "Sustaining Economic Reform in Pakistan was jointly sponsored by the Pakistani American Leadership Center and the SAIS South Asia Studies Programme at Johns Hopkins University.

Kronstadt noted that Pakistan has sustained good macro-economic trends and underscored that human capital development and continuity of reforms would further spur economic prospects in the long-term. In the context of regional stability, he said the US involvement could help facilitate resolution of outstanding issues between Pakistan and India.

Pakistan has seen the emergence of a large middle class in urban areas, he said and was confident that it would propel economic growth in Pakistan in the years ahead, laying the basis for sustainable industrial progress. "The economic reality of Pakistan has a lot of good news to offer the poverty is reducing, the middle class is growing and a widely spread out organized banking system offers a basis for sustained and fast-paced growth."

Mexico, Indonesia, Pakistan and Turkey - the emerging markets to watch
tuesday 1 may 2007

http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/press_room/mexico,_indonesia,_pakistan_an.aspx

mexico, indonesia, pakistan and turkey are in a favourable position to become the new generation of emerging economies to have significant impact on the global economy claims grant thornton international. Following on from the grant thornton international business report (ibr) in february 2007 into the impact of the bric economies (brazil russia, india and china) on the global market place the international accounting organisation has identified mexico, indonesia, pakistan and turkey as the front runners to inherit the bric mantel from the original four. These countries may match or even overtake some of the commonly identified bric economies (brazil, russia, india and china) which are expected to join the global economic powers.

Although these economies are unlikely to match india or china in strength, they certainly have the potential to rival brazil and russia in terms of economic strength.

Alex macbeath, global leader of privately held business services for grant thornton international, said: indonesia and pakistan, with their large populations, have the potential to grow their labour-intensive exports and could capitalise on the process of low-cost production that mainland china has so successfully exploited. Mexico, as the 14th largest economy in the world, is benefiting from its close trading ties with the other north american free trade agreement (nafta) countries and is well-placed to play a more significant role in the americas. Turkey is expanding robustly and is on the path to making the transition to a modern industrial economy and is set to increase its influence in western europe and the middle east.

NEXT 11 countries after BRIC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven

The Next Eleven (or N-11) are eleven countriesBangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, and Vietnamidentified by Goldman Sachsinvestment bank as having a high potential of becoming the world's largest economies in the 21st century along with the BRICs. The bank chose these states, all with promising outlooks for investment and future growth, on December 12, 2005.
Goldman Sachs used macroeconomic stability, political maturity, openness of trade and investment policies, and the quality of education as criteria. The N-11 paper is a follow-up to the bank's 2003 paper on the four emerging "BRIC" economies, Brazil, Russia, India, and China.

World Bank President praises Pakistan's recent economic achievements

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-3651986/World-Bank-President-praises-Pakistan.html#abstract

World Bank President James D. Wolfensohn has praised Pakistan's economic achievements and its bold reform program urging the importance of avoiding the risk of complacency that sets in with success, and emphasized that the challenge now is to sustain reforms in order to accelerate growth and achieve the Millennium Development Goals.

"The progress has been terrific. Now Pakistan must stay the course until the benefits of its achievements reach the vulnerable sections of the society including the very poor, women, children and the disabled," said Mr. Wolfensohn.

IMF praise for Pakistan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2677821.stm

George Abed, the IMF's new Middle East director and in charge of its Pakistani operations, said he was "very pleased with the record of Pakistan in the past three years of continued macroeconomic and financial stabilisation".

He added: "We have begun to think of Pakistan as a country of promise and a country of potentially high rate of growth."

Listing Pakistan's achievements over the past three years, Mr Abed said inflation had been brought under control and interest rates had been cut, while a falling budget deficit and rising foreign exchange reserves were now at a "comfortable level".

Economic stability has boosted the Karachi Stock Exchange.

Inflation is currently running at 3.6% a month, lending rates stand at 11%, and central bank reserves have jumped from $600m in 1999 to $9.4bn this month

"ADB praises micro-finance in Pakistan

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_28-12-2004_pg7_40

ISLAMABAD: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has praised the achievements of micro-finance in the country, according to a statement issued on Monday. The ADB delegation participated in the international conference on micro-finance. The statement said the process of micro-finance sector development in Pakistan, started in 1999, was a model for third world countries.

Global financial bodies upbeat about Pakistan's economy

ISLAMABAD (February 19 2007): Despite internal law and order problems, the month of February appears to be highly encouraging for Pakistan as several international financial institutions have painted a very upbeat picture of the current and future outlook for its economy.

Summary of the three reports of the J. P Morgan, the Merrill Lynch, and the City Group on the performance of Pak economy have already appeared in the press in addition to a very positive report of the World Bank released in Washington on "Doing Business in South Asia - 2007, which gives high marks to Pakistan in improving its business environment.

The World Bank has ranked Pakistan 74th as against India at 143 in the ranking of doing businesses in the world, and declared it as the runner-up reformer in the region in implementing reforms to simplify cross border trade and reduce corporate tax rates.

Yet another global investment and financial institution, the Goldman Sachs, has released its report on Pakistan growth potential giving high marks to its current and future economic prospects as well as to the prudent handing of economy by economic team of the government.

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

Long Live Musharraf !!! Alhamdulillah Pakistan First!

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
All this old information would do extremely good to newcomers like GeoG or you. Learn from it. (clap)(clap)(clap)

Musharraf left the country in to a mess which is being cleaned by this Government. I do not think your figures are any newer than the figures are provided by Bret Hawk. Your" feel good figures" were fabricated and manufactured by Mushrraf, why would we pay any attention to them at all. I think Bret Hawk's argument is much more stronger to really measure the actual progress on the ground using HDI, instead of rellying on the figures provided by the Governemnt using GDP.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
اک کو کہتے ہیں
جھتھے دی کھوتی اوتھے آن کھلوتی

The Post you are trying to defend by bending backwards has first set of following figures:

Pak Economy in 1999 was: $ 75 billion
Pak Economy in 2007 is: $ 160 billion

Lets do it like class 7 school boy, you look like more class 4 now

1999 75.00 Billion

apply 7 percent Average GDP Growth

2000 80.25 Billion
2001 85.87 Billion
2002 91.88 Billion
2003 98.31 Billion
2004 105.19 Billion
2005 112.55 Billion
2006 120.43 Billion
2007 128.86 Billion

There are three factors, base figure of 1999, GDP Growth of 7% and 2007 figure.
Accountant Sahib it is not reconciling , please get us the reason for non reconciliation.

Dont bother what IMF, WB said, they just reported what we told them or give me one example when IMF or WB did not accept sovereign state figures.

Last edited:

opinion_786

Musharraf left the country in to a mess which is being cleaned by this Government. I do not think your figures are any newer than the figures are provided by Bret Hawk. Your" feel good figures" were fabricated and manufactured by Mushrraf, why would we pay any attention to them at all. I think Bret Hawk's argument is much more stronger to really measure the actual progress on the ground using HDI, instead of rellying on the figures provided by the Governemnt using GDP.

First of all, you should have read Bret first. Bret was not providing any figures nor providing any argument, he was explaining HDI only, as per some old article. Secondly, the figures I have provided are by PPP and not Musharraf. Shaukat Tareen signed this LoI to IMF.
Pakistan: Letter of Intent, Memorandum of Economic and Financial

Policies, and Technical Memorandum of Understanding to IMF

November 20, 2008

In the last decade, Pakistans economy witnessed a major economic transformation.

The countrys real GDP increased from $60 billion in 2000/01 to $170 billion in 2007/08 (fiscal year starts July 1st).

Per capita income rising from under $500 to over $1,000.

The volume of international trade increased from about $20 billion to nearly $60 billion.

Real GDP grew at more than 7 percent a year with relative price stability.

K

khan125

Musharraf left the country in to a mess which is being cleaned by this Government. .

[hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

YOU EXPECT THIS GOVERNMENT TO DO SOMETHING GOOD.(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)

ARE YOU ALL RIGHT.(yapping)(yapping)(yapping)

opinion_786

=GeoG;206412] Lets do it like class 7 school boy, you look like more class 4 now. Accountant Sahib it is not reconciling , please get us the reason for non reconciliation.Don’t bother what IMF, WB said, they just reported what we told them or give me one example when IMF or WB did not accept sovereign state figures.

(clap) Bro, this was the last nail in the coffin. I'm sorry, however, you are only making fun of yourself by calculating something the class 4 way, which you do NOT understand. I have kept my personal calculations and figures away, since you would never accept them. I have ONLY quoted what international institutes say and can be backed by them. YOUR calculation can be supported by none.

Your question has been answered by Government of Pakistan, a SOVEREIGN STATE under PPP under Fianance Minister Shaukat Tareen.

This was YOUR question?

#92 - Qoute GeoG - Average claimed Growth rate has been less than 7%, apply that 7% on 1999 and you come to 128 billion not 160 billion

This is ANSWER to YOU by GoP. SOVEREIGN STATE !

Pakistan: Letter of Intent, Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies, and Technical Memorandum of Understanding to IMF

November 20, 2008

In the last decade, Pakistan’s economy witnessed a major economic transformation.

The country’s real GDP increased from $60 billion in 2000/01 to $170 billion in 2007/08 (fiscal year starts July 1st).

The volume of international trade increased from about $20 billion to nearly $60 billion.

You CLAIMED these below, in your earlier posts, now prove them. You have four things to answer (to which I know you have no answer),

1- How does average GDP of European economies from 2000-2008 rise to 5% - as claimed by YOU?
2- How come Pakistan's growth rate was 7% when world economies were 2%?
3- How come Pakistan's growth rate is now 2% when India and China still average 7% to 9% ?
4- RECONCILE your stated and WRONGLY calculated $128 billion to the figures authenticated by WB, IMF, CIA factbook and GoP ?

P.S. I am never dragged off conversations and I never quote my personal preferences. Thanks

Zaidi Qasim

First of all, you should have read Bret first. Bret was not providing any figures nor providing any argument, he was explaining HDI only, as per some old article. Secondly, the figures I have provided are by PPP and not Musharraf. Shaukat Tareen signed this LoI to IMF.

Shaukat tareen took over the post after the election as a coallition partner. He was showing the stats which were provided to him by the same people who was under Musharraf running the finance and Budget .Then what happens after that ? When the real figures started to come out.????

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
I would like to thank once again the kind and encouraging words from my beloved elder brother Geo G and from our highly intelligent & honorable friend Zaidi Qasim. Friends like you on this forum are the real impetus and source of encouragement for me to state my point of view clearly without being wandering into the valleys of bigotry, speculation and selective blabbering. And Opinion_786 I would recommend you to amend your id a little bit and just alter the figures of 33 instead of this venerated number of 786. Because you and your Sir Musharraf rightly belongs to this demonic digits and therefore both of you should bear this as an emblem of recognition for other forum members here. You like other deniers are doing nothing but to swerve from the main topic and have failed miserably (once again) to accept and respond to the facts and critiques of my post. So in the colloquial of Mr Azizi of Hasb E Haal I would like to say to you.....

چل دوڑ

Last edited:

GeoG

(clap) Bro, this was the last nail in the coffin. I'm sorry, however, you are only making fun of yourself by calculating something the class 4 way, which you do NOT understand. I have kept my personal calculations and figures away, since you would never accept them. I have ONLY quoted what international institutes say and can be backed by them. YOUR calculation can be supported by none.

Your question has been answered by Government of Pakistan, a SOVEREIGN STATE under PPP under Fianance Minister Shaukat Tareen.

This was YOUR question?

This is ANSWER to YOU by GoP. SOVEREIGN STATE !

You CLAIMED these below, in your earlier posts, now prove them. You have four things to answer (to which I know you have no answer),

1- How does average GDP of European economies from 2000-2008 rise to 5% - as claimed by YOU?
2- How come Pakistan's growth rate was 7% when world economies were 2%?
3- How come Pakistan's growth rate is now 2% when India and China still average 7% to 9% ?
4- RECONCILE your stated and WRONGLY calculated $128 billion to the figures authenticated by WB, IMF, CIA factbook and GoP ?

P.S. I am never dragged off conversations and I never quote my personal preferences. Thanks

I have simply given you calculations based on your sets of figures
If you beleive these are not correct, tell me how to calculate these, which formula to use
Calculate yourself, Show us the formula, Don't tell us the adultrated figures of Shaukat Aziz
If you accept the Adulteration of Shaukat Aziz, tell me why there is variance.
Use you brain.

I know it is rather difficult for you to get up after two big bangs in your head of Brother Bret Hawk and Zaid Bhai, but get up, on your feet, Your Bhagora General is watching, Kuch Tou Anpni Baiizzti Ka Kyal Karo.

Zaidi Qasim

I would like to thank once again the kind and encouraging words from my beloved elder brother Geo G and from our highly intelligent & honorable friend Zaidi Qasim. Friends like you on this forum are the real impetus and source of encouragement for me to state my point of view clearly without being wandering into the valleys of bigotry, speculation and selective blabbering. And Opinion_786 I would recommend you to amend your id a little bit and just alter the figures of 33 instead of this venerated number of 786. Because you and your Sir Musharraf rightly belongs to this demonic digits and therefore both of you should bear this as an emblem of recognition for other forum members here. You like other deniers are doing nothing but to swerve from the main topic and have failed miserably (once again) to accept and respond to the facts and critiques of my post. So in the colloquial of Mr Azizi of Hasb E Haal I would like to say to you.....

چل دوڑ
Bret Hawk:
It is indeed my pleasure to support the truth and not fallen in to the darkness of the the blind love of personalities. It is also amazes me to listen to those who think that they have a God given right to rule this unfortunate nation of 160 million masses. opinion_786 would never argue the legitimacy of the thugs basis on the fairness to our Constituion, but rather wrap himself in the protection of the Planted Judiciary decision after the coup had taken place. And this is typical of the view of those who consider Pakistan is founded for the benefits of armed forces Generals. Anyway, it is futile to discuss the figures of a dictator who is not even residing in Pakistan at the moment.Magician always delights people by creating unreal euphoric atmosphere.All smoke and Mirror.

opinion_786

And Opinion_786 I would recommend you to amend your id a little bit and just alter the figures of 33 instead of this venerated number of 786. Because you and your Sir Musharraf rightly belongs to this demonic digits and therefore both of you should bear this as an emblem of recognition for other forum members here.

Again, I leave your post to be considered by the admins.

opinion_786

have simply given you calculations based on your sets of figures. If you beleive these are not correct, tell me how to calculate these, which formula to use. Calculate yourself, Show us the formula, Don't tell us the adultrated figures of Shaukat Aziz. If you accept the Adulteration of Shaukat Aziz, tell me why there is variance. Your Bhagora General is watching, Kuch Tou Anpni Baiizzti Ka Kyal Karo.

(clap)(clap)(clap) I told you, I am not new on forums. Keep tryng to divert the conversation from ESTABLISHED figures.

Your question has been ANSWERED by Democratic People's Party Government of Pakistan and their finance minister Shaukat Tareen. Sovereign State! RECONCILE that or learn before you challenge figures by World Bank, IMF, CIA factbook and GoP.

Pakistan: Letter of Intent, Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies, and Technical Memorandum of Understanding to IMF

November 20, 2008

In the last decade, Pakistans economy witnessed a major economic transformation.

The countrys real GDP increased from $60 billion in 2000/01 to $170 billion in 2007/08 (fiscal year starts July 1st).

Lastly, as you have ALREADY accepted that these figures by international institutes are CORRECT - learn to be humble and learn. Thanks

#182 - Quote GeoG - It is a simple very simple question based on your sets of facts and I agree with figure but tell me ..............

Jordal

Voter (50+ posts)
Bahut Acha! Choron ko "jamhooriat" ke kapre pehna kar betha do, aur aik behtar leader ko dictator keh keh kar galian do. Then what's happening with a really bewaqoof awam, it's no surprise that the chores are doing what they are best at! Jamhoorat Mubarak!

Spartacus

Freedom of Media ,Credit goes to Musharraf .....Imran Khan

Freedom of Media ,Credit goes to Musharraf .....Imran Khan

aik MUSHARAF ky azad media policy nay aaj tak tammam corrupt politicians , beauraucrats aur darbary journalists kou hijra bana ker rakha hua hay ,khas tor per PML-N kay bandarou kou jis kay samajh may ab tak nahee aa raha hay kay abbajee kay media per tou kabhi aisa nahee hua

Last edited:

PTI_Lover

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Freedom of Media ,Credit goes to Musharraf .....Imran Khan

Whats the point here ? everyone knows that this credit goes to none other than Pervez Musharraf. And not only Media there were lot more things in his tenure, country saw some good progress in every field, he could have been the second best leader in Pakistan after Qaid if he had fulfilled the promises he made in begining because the man had some real qualities which he ddnt utilize for some non-sense reasons

Last edited:

ehsanali

MPA (400+ posts)

The same thankless media became monster by bringing Hamid Mir.Talat Hussain,Kashif Abbasi and devoured Musharraf himself and replaced these ugly and corrupt rulers!

sngilani

Musharaf was a great leader. I admire him. He is much better than any other available leader in Pakistan. He is honest and patriotic person. He should come back as leader. We should all support him if we wanna save Pakistan. All other polititians are currupt and selfish except Imran Khan.