Pakistani products selling like hot cakes at India trade fair

mohib

Senator (1k+ posts)
New Delhi, Nov 16 (IANS) Buyers are thronging the Pakistan pavilion at the 30th India International Trade Fair which has over 15 stalls ranging from fabrics to chandeliers to jade and marble products.

Currently open for business visitors only, the trade fair kickstarted Sunday and will open for the public Friday. Hall 18, which houses the international stalls, sees the maximum people at the Pakistan pavilion.

'Buyers are showing keen interest for painted glass chandeliers and lamps with bronze finish, wall hangings and decorative pieces in painted glass. The prices range from Rs.600-10,000. Some more expensive pieces are also there,' Hussain, one of the stall owners, told IANS.

This time, the stalls selling fabrics have overpowered the famous jade and marble stalls. 'The jade and marble products are less in number,' Hussain said.

Most of Pakistan's fabric stalls offer the traditional handmade kurta called 'Kanchidi', with thread and mirror work all over it. The stall owners hope that it will be bought by a lot of buyers in the general public as well.

'A number of designers have bought the Kanchidis from us - stitched and unstitched. The kurtas start from Rs.1,200. The hand embroidered shawls and bedcovers are also selling like hotcakes,' said the owner of Paras stall.

He added that maximum sales take place during the business days.

'Once it opens for the public, it gets very crowded. We hardly get time to show anything properly. And with people thronging every stall in huge numbers, there's hardly any time and place for anybody to give a proper look to the materials on display,' he added.

The fabric stalls like Laila art, Couture collection and Indus art has chiffon saris and salwar kameez in pastel colours - mostly with heavy silver embroidery.

'The saris from these stalls are often bought by Meena Bazaar sari store,' Nazia, one of the stall owner, told IANS.

Also, a range of dress materials with Phulkari work got all the attention from the ladies.

'I bought three Phulkari saris and two dupattas for myself. Though it cost a bomb, I have no regrets. They are worth it,' said Kamini Malhotra who owns a boutique in Hauz Khas.

But the footwear stall which has the traditional 'jooti' has a weary look with its owners hoping for a few customers.

In no mood to address any queries, one of the stall owners, Firoze said: 'We have better business when it is open for all. The public is more keen on buying jootis than the business visitors. We are more accessible to public as the prices are affordable - starting from Rs.300.'

The jade and marble products, which had been a favourite among Delhiites in the earlier fairs, do not have separate stalls this year.

'This year, I don't see much of jade products, though I have bought a lot of jade stone show pieces. It's exquisite and I was hoping to buy more. The fabrics and coloured glass paintings are in majority,' said Ramesh Dutt, a collector of jade marble memorabilia.

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
Good relationship and trade between India and Pakistan will benefit millions of people on both sides of the border.

GuruJi

Citizen
This is relay nice I hope commerce and trade flourishes between the two countries thousand fold per year. Good Post