From Pappacy to Hypocrisy - Pope Urges Realease of Asia Bibi

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
From Dawn

Minister backs new probe in case of arrested Christian

LAHORE: A Pakistani cabinet minister on Thursday called for a thorough re-investigation and fair appeal for a Christian mother sentenced to death for blasphemy after the Pope called for her release.

On November 8, Asia Bibi was sentenced to hang in Pakistans central province Punjab after being accused of insulting the Prophet Mohammed in 2009.
Pakistans minister for minority affairs, Shahbaz Bhatti, told AFP that Asia had filed an appeal at the Lahore high court, the highest court in Punjab.
We have requested the Punjab government that the trial should be fair in the high court. She must also be provided security in jail, he said.
Asias supporters say the case is baseless and that her first trial was not heard properly, Bhatti said.
We have, therefore, asked the Punjab government that the case be reinvestigated properly.
Pope Benedict XVI this week called for her release and said Christians in Pakistan were often victims of violence and discrimination.
Pakistan has yet to execute anyone for blasphemy, but the case spotlights a controversial law which rights activists say encourages extremism in a Muslim country on the front line of the US-led war on al Qaeda.
Italys Foreign Minister Franco Frattini has said he was told during a visit to Islamabad last week that Pakistan was committed to changing the blasphemy law and promised to join the fight to save Asia.
Asias husband Ashiq Masih confirmed to AFP that the appeal had been filed, but said the family had no contact from the government.
In June 2009, his wife was asked to fetch water while out working in the fields. But Muslim women labourers objected, saying that as a non-Muslim, she should not touch the water bowl.
A few days later the women went to a local cleric and alleged that Asia made derogatory remarks about the Prophet Mohammed.
Police arrested her in Ittanwalai village and prosecuted under Section 295 C of the Pakistan Penal Code, which carries the death penalty.
Rights activists and minority pressure groups said it was the first time that a woman had been sentenced to hang in Pakistan for blasphemy, although a Muslim couple were jailed for life last year.
Only around three per cent of Pakistans population of 167 million is estimated to be non-Muslim. AFP

sangeen

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't know whats the sentence for blasphemy in islam.... what if it happend in Prophet Muhammad's pbuh time???? The second thing is that the court should look into the matter carefully and with justice as it involves someone's life..... justice should prevail......

Last edited by a moderator:

gazoomartian

From Dawn

LAHORE: A Pakistani cabinet minister on Thursday called for a thorough re-investigation and fair appeal for a Christian mother sentenced to death for blasphemy after the Pope called for her release.

On November 8, Asia Bibi was sentenced to hang in Pakistan’s central province Punjab after being accused of insulting the Prophet Mohammed in 2009.
Pakistan’s minister for minority affairs, Shahbaz Bhatti, told AFP that Asia had filed an appeal at the Lahore high court, the highest court in Punjab.
“We have requested the Punjab government that the trial should be fair in the high court. She must also be provided security in jail,” he said.
Asia’s supporters say the case is baseless and that her first trial “was not heard properly,” Bhatti said.
“We have, therefore, asked the Punjab government that the case be reinvestigated properly.”
Pope Benedict XVI this week called for her release and said Christians in Pakistan were “often victims of violence and discrimination.”
Pakistan has yet to execute anyone for blasphemy, but the case spotlights a controversial law which rights activists say encourages extremism in a Muslim country on the front line of the US-led war on al Qaeda.
Italy’s Foreign Minister Franco Frattini has said he was told during a visit to Islamabad last week that Pakistan was committed to changing the blasphemy law and promised to join the fight to save Asia.
Asia’s husband Ashiq Masih confirmed to AFP that the appeal had been filed, but said the family had no contact from the government.
In June 2009, his wife was asked to fetch water while out working in the fields. But Muslim women labourers objected, saying that as a non-Muslim, she should not touch the water bowl.
A few days later the women went to a local cleric and alleged that Asia made derogatory remarks about the Prophet Mohammed.
Police arrested her in Ittanwalai village and prosecuted under Section 295 C of the Pakistan Penal Code, which carries the death penalty.
Rights activists and minority pressure groups said it was the first time that a woman had been sentenced to hang in Pakistan for blasphemy, although a Muslim couple were jailed for life last year.
Only around three per cent of Pakistan’s population of 167 million is estimated to be non-Muslim. – AFP

Gazoo's Rebuttal to the Pope:

Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI,

I was really impressed reading this news item that reports that you have asked for release of Miss Asia Bibi, accused of blasphemy.

But I am also deeply shocked at the hypocrisy that you have shown by asking for the release of a person that has been duly charged with a crime and convicted, a crime that obviously you do not consider a crime.

Isn't very ironic that you, a person of such a high status and profile, a Pope that leads and represents the largest Christianity sect of Catholics, can even think of asking for her release. I am very disappointed in you to say the least.

May I beg to state your Holiness that the following statement on your behalf is highly insulting to the Pakistani people, which is already a subject of terrorism, drone attacks, corrupt government, Indian attempt to destabilize us, continuous Jewish invasion on our culture, media etc. your statement:

"
Pope Benedict XVI this week called for her release and said Christians in Pakistan were “often victims of violence and discrimination.”

Its quiet obvious from statement that you do not believe in facts and your close your eyes on atrocities against Muslims. You have yet to ask for release of Dr, Afia Siddiqi and all other Pakistanis who have been subject of tortures in Guantonama Bay prison. Was it deliberate that you did not ask for their release or is it that you do not care about Muslim.

You have also implied that our courts are incompetent, our legal process is sub standard, and our attorneys are not doing their job professionally.

Without making this rebuttal too long, I would like to beg your forgiveness for saying that as the Pope, a representative of Catholicism, you should respect other country's legal system, and court process, also, you should keep your mouth shut on these matters.

yours truly
Gazoo Martian
A concerned and disappointed Pakistani

Last edited:

Wadaich

I was really impressed reading this news item that reports that you have asked for release of Miss Asia Bibi, accused of blasphemy.

But I am also deeply shocked at the hypocrisy that you have shown by asking for the release of a person that has been duly charged with a crime and convicted, a crime that obviously you do not consider a crime.

Isn't very ironic that you, a person of such a high status and profile, a Pope that leads and represents the largest Christianity sect of Catholics, can even think of asking for her release. I am very disappointed in you to say the least.

May I beg to state your Holiness that the following statement on your behalf is highly insulting to the Pakistani people, which is already a subject of terrorism, drone attacks, corrupt government, Indian attempt to destabilize us, continuous Jewish invasion on our culture, media etc. your statement:

"
Pope Benedict XVI this week called for her release and said Christians in Pakistan were often victims of violence and discrimination.

Its quiet obvious from statement that you do not believe in facts and your close your eyes on atrocities against Muslims. You have yet to ask for release of Dr, Afia Siddiqi and all other Pakistanis who have been subject of tortures in Guantonama Bay prison. Was it deliberate that you did not ask for their release or is it that you do not care about Muslim.

You have also implied that our courts are incompetent, our legal process is sub standard, and our attorneys are not doing their job professionally.

Without making this rebuttal too long, I would like to beg your forgiveness for saying that as the Pope, a representative of Catholicism, you should respect other country's legal system, and court process, also, you should keep your mouth shut on these matters.

yours truly
Gazoo Martian

Well said sir!

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Pope....does not say a word about Terrorist killing thousands in pakistan ( coz he knows no one listens to him in the world)
secondly let pope know that same punishment is for any one ir-respective of if he is muslim or non muslim....

islamic laws do not change coz..some tom dick or harry wants mercy......mercy is in following law of ALlah

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Pope....does not say a word about Terrorist killing thousands in pakistan ( coz he knows no one listens to him in the world)
secondly let pope know that same punishment is for any one ir-respective of if he is muslim or non muslim....

islamic laws do not change coz..some tom dick or harry wants mercy......mercy is in following law of ALlah

Having said that ...and knowing jahalat of our people who some time use these blasphemy laws to take revenge from others... i would again stress on fair trial / very fair trial no innocent should be punished and if it proves to be wrong case then accuser should be hanged...

Classified

Senator (1k+ posts)
Gazoo bhai i want to thumbs up your reply to the "poop" i mean pope hehehe but there is some tech problem that i dont see any option to thumbs up or thumbs down any post since morning today ...

adnan_younus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

"

yours truly
Gazoo Martian

Typical ostrich syndrome.. hypocratic attitude... our legal system is inded incompetent and why shud the pope talk abut afia siddiqui :S hes a pope not a politician and he represents christian rights not muslim rights...

karachiwala

I don't know whats the sentence for blasphemy in islam.... what if it happend in Prophet Muhammad's pbuh time???? The second thing is that the court should look into the matter carefully and with justice as it involves someone's life..... justice should prevail......

The penalty for Blasphemy of any Prophet mentioned in Quraan is death. This was so also in the time of the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammadpbuh.

As for the pope - this is the first pope who is more political then any one before him. An interesting fact is that he is always siding with the jews who I had read somewhere are most happy with him. So for those who think he is going to come for Afia Siddiqui rescue should think again. He would come out against her for sure but not in her favor.

kmanzar

Voter (50+ posts)
The penalty for Blasphemy of any Prophet mentioned in Quraan is death....

Can you please give a direct and clear Quranic reference regarding blasphemy?

We should be very careful whenever mentioning the holy Quran in any matter, because it’s not a good idea to mention anything just by saying that it is in ‘Quran’ (without knowing or without a clear reference)

Last edited:

kmanzar

Voter (50+ posts)
Definitely the 'Islamic Laws' should not to be changed

But need is to investigate that it must not be the case that some ‘tom dick or harry’s law’ is presented in the name of 'Islamic Law'.

Because it the most common thing these days: just to tag anything as ‘Islamic’ to give a shut-up call to all the other people having some other kind of opinion of that … We should investigate each an everything before declaring anything as Islamic

Last edited:

hassam

MPA (400+ posts)

We should be very careful whenever mentioning the holy Quran in any matter, because it’s not a good idea to mention anything just by saying that it is in ‘Quran’ (without knowing or without a clear reference)

Yes. I am also interested in knowing where in holy quran it is said. I also would like to know what that Aasia that was deemed blasphemous. As a muslim it is our duty to protect the rights of all the creations of Allah. Lets not jump to conlclusions untill we know the details.

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
From Dawn

On November 8, Asia Bibi was sentenced to hang in Pakistan’s central province Punjab after being accused of insulting the Prophet Mohammed in 2009.
Pakistan’s minister for minority affairs, Shahbaz Bhatti, told AFP that Asia had filed an appeal at the Lahore high court, the highest court in Punjab.
“We have requested the Punjab government that the trial should be fair in the high court. She must also be provided security in jail,” he said.
Asia’s supporters say the case is baseless and that her first trial “was not heard properly,” Bhatti said.
“We have, therefore, asked the Punjab government that the case be reinvestigated properly.”
Italy’s Foreign Minister Franco Frattini has said he was told during a visit to Islamabad last week that Pakistan was committed to changing the blasphemy law and promised to join the fight to save Asia.
Asia’s husband Ashiq Masih confirmed to AFP that the appeal had been filed, but said the family had no contact from the government.
Only around three per cent of Pakistan’s population of 167 million is estimated to be non-Muslim. – AFP

Unfortunately hipocracy has also become our national character.Thanks for such an appropriate reply.

gazoomartian

Gazoo bhai i want to thumbs up your reply to the "poop" i mean pope hehehe but there is some tech problem that i dont see any option to thumbs up or thumbs down any post since morning today ...

I am sure the Web master, Root, will get to the Root of the problem (bigsmile)

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)

As per your desire following are the few Quranic references which relates to the subject matters of the enemies, apostates, hypocrites and blasphemers of Allah SWT and His blessed and beloved Apostle pbuh. I think the content of these Ayaats are self explanatory but anyhow if you require further explanations regarding their suitability to derive the Shariah laws relating to the Hadud of Apostasy and Blasphemy issues then you are more than welcome to inquire about this matter.

Holy Quran's References on Blasphemy & Apostasy

9:66 “Make ye no excuses: ye have rejected Faith after ye had accepted it. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you, for that they are in sin”.

9:52 “Say (O Muhammad) Can you expect for us (any fate) other than one of two glorious things (Martyrdom or victory)? But we can expect for you either that Allah will send his punishment from Himself, or by our hands. So wait (expectant); we too will wait with you."

5:33 “The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter”

For your convenience I’ve underlined the central wordings of the above Ayaats in order for you to better understand the matter of punishments / punitive measures against the opponents of Almighty and His glorified Messenger pbuh in explicit and unambiguous terms. The other major source of Islamic Shariah Laws is the most authenticated Hadith traditions of the blessed Prophet pbuh along with other entries related to Seerat material which contains the real life accounts of him. In those historiographies and Hadith literature there are many instances where you would come across the accounts where Prophet pbuh himself authorized to execute those individuals who consistently tried to revile and ridicule his sanctified life & purist benevolent character by using various mediums & methods of expression. The famous executions which were carried out during the life span of Prophet pbuh was of Amar bin Hisham (Famously known as Abu Jahal), Asma Bint Marwan, Abu Afak, Ka’ab Bin Ashraf and also in Sunan Ibn Dawood Book 38 Hadith No; 4348 there’s also an account referred to the killing of a blasphemous Mother by non other than her own blind son who executed her because of her disparaging tongue was used constantly against the pious and revered persona of Prophet pbuh. The interesting thing to note in these hair raising accounts is that the Prophet pbuh not only used to praise the acts of the above mentioned executioners but he also had exonerated them for their acts by maintaining that there should be no charge which can be leveled against them (Which pertained to their punitive retaliatory actions against the blasphemours of Prophet pbuh) according to the penal code of Shariah Law in the hallowed state of Medina Munawara.

Last edited:

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Afterthoughts on my Post No: 16

It is to be noted however that Islamic principles and philosophies of justice, mercy, right of self defense and benevolence should be observed when any issue of blasphemy and apostasy come to the notice of authorities of a Muslim state, if it exists. After surfacing the allegations of an alleged blasphemous act by an individual / group of individuals a thorough and impartial inquiry should be carried out by the authorities and if it is established that the alleged offense has indeed been perpetrated than the concerned accused should be given some period (Depends on the rulings of the scholars / Imams of different school of thoughts of Islam) to seek repentance, expiation, forgiveness and atonement from The Almighty in front of the concerned authorities as prescribed in Sharaih Law after the elapse of that grace period if the accused individual still stick to his blasphemous views then a proper punitive action should be carried out according to the nature and extent of the offence.

There are however some differences among the scholars of Islamic jurisprudence on the issues of immediacy or showing restraint to the concerned offense of Apostasy and Blasphemy. For some scholars, like in case of apostasy, it has to be observed whether the concerned apostate is capable of causing any damage in any capacity to the concerned Islamic state in those hostile territories which are apparent or have the potential to cause any harm to that Muslim state. If the apostate does not have that tendency or potentiality to cause any harm or connive against his place of origin, in this case a Muslim state, then it shouldn’t be allowed to release a religious decree (Fatwa) against his execution. That’s however is the opinion of some selective factions of scholars of Islamic jurisprudence and I fully endorse that and have my own liking for that humane reasoning as well, as compare to those scholars who don’t have that much tolerance and open heartedness regarding to this sensitive issue which pertains to the sanctity of a human life.

Last edited:

gazoomartian

Typical ostrich syndrome.. hypocratic attitude... our legal system is inded incompetent and why shud the pope talk abut afia siddiqui :S hes a pope not a politician and he represents christian rights not muslim rights...

Just FYI - This pope is a terrorist, a former Nazi Soldier, has killed many many Jews in Aushwitz camp

hassam

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Afterthoughts on my Post No: 16

It is to be noted however that Islamic principles and philosophies of justice, mercy, right of self defense and benevolence should be observed when any issue of blasphemy and apostasy come to the notice of authorities of a Muslim state, if it exists. After surfacing the allegations of an alleged blasphemous act by an individual / group of individuals a thorough and impartial inquiry should be carried out by the authorities and it is established that the alleged offense has indeed been perpetrated than the concerned accused should be given some period (Depends on the rulings of the scholars / Imams of different school of thoughts of Islam) to seek repentance, expiation, forgiveness and atonement from The Almighty in front of the concerned authorities as prescribed in Sharaih Law after the elapse of that grace period if the accused individual still stick to his blasphemous views then a proper punitive action should be carried out according to the nature and extent of the offence.

There are however some differences among the scholars of Islamic jurisprudence on the issues of immediacy or showing restraint to the concerned offense of Apostasy and Blasphemy. For some scholars, like in case of apostasy, it has to be observed whether the concerned apostate is capable of cause any damage in any capacity to the concerned Islamic state in those territories which are apparent or have the potential to cause any harm to that Muslim state. If the apostate does not have that tendency or potentiality to cause any harm or connive against his place of origin, in this case a Muslim state, then it shouldn’t be allowed to release a religious decree (Fatwa) against his execution. That’s however is the opinion of some selective factions of scholars of Islamic jurisprudence and I fully endorse that and have my own liking for that humane reasoning as well as compare to those scholars who don’t have that much tolerance and open heatedness regarding with this issue.

My concern is that in our unIslamic society, the existing of this law is only bringing shame to the deen. People use this law for personal score settlement. It is so ironic there is nothing in the country to abrogate Riba but this looks like the only law implemented in the country. The hypocricy of our ulema is they will not do a protest to abbrogate Riba but will line up if a slightest attempt is made in changing the blashphemy law.

gazoomartian

Re: Afterthoughts on my Post No: 16

It is to be noted however that Islamic principles and philosophies of justice, mercy, right of self defense and benevolence should be observed when any issue of blasphemy and apostasy come to the notice of authorities of a Muslim state, if it exists. After surfacing the allegations of an alleged blasphemous act by an individual / group of individuals a thorough and impartial inquiry should be carried out by the authorities and it is established that the alleged offense has indeed been perpetrated than the concerned accused should be given some period (Depends on the rulings of the scholars / Imams of different school of thoughts of Islam) to seek repentance, expiation, forgiveness and atonement from The Almighty in front of the concerned authorities as prescribed in Sharaih Law after the elapse of that grace period if the accused individual still stick to his blasphemous views then a proper punitive action should be carried out according to the nature and extent of the offence.

There are however some differences among the scholars of Islamic jurisprudence on the issues of immediacy or showing restraint to the concerned offense of Apostasy and Blasphemy. For some scholars, like in case of apostasy, it has to be observed whether the concerned apostate is capable of cause any damage in any capacity to the concerned Islamic state in those territories which are apparent or have the potential to cause any harm to that Muslim state. If the apostate does not have that tendency or potentiality to cause any harm or connive against his place of origin, in this case a Muslim state, then it shouldnt be allowed to release a religious decree (Fatwa) against his execution. Thats however is the opinion of some selective factions of scholars of Islamic jurisprudence and I fully endorse that and have my own liking for that humane reasoning as well as compare to those scholars who dont have that much tolerance and open heatedness regarding with this issue.

Thank you Bret bhai

Its good to know I can rely on someone who knows where things are referred to in the Holy Quran

Now hopefully bleeding liberal hearts will shut up.
You must have noticed that when it comes to Islam, people suddenly become liberal, democratic, and disunited at the worst.

When someone posts an article to confront the original writer or statement maker, such as Pope in this case, Pakistanis suddenly become religious liberal. They start putting doubts in our hearts against our stance in favor of Mohammad pbuh.

One has said our system is incompetent, some would even 'yu was wiso fi sodur-in-naas'

They dont realise that we are supposed to offer an unequivocal support to our aqa pbuh, a support that would be unwavering, unfaltering, and unconditional. May Allah give some Pakistani brain and love with Allah and Mohammad pbuh. doesn't He pbuh deserve from us?

JazakAllah