Who should the Shia community vote for in elections?

sam228

Senator (1k+ posts)
A big NO to you Maulana. MMA stands for Mufad parast Maulvis Association irrespective of sect. There should be no politics in the name of religion. Making a political party in the name of religion is like saying we are the only one who are muslims and all other are not. Your beard and caps do not give you any certificate of holiness. I will vote for Pakistan not for my caste, community or sect.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Making a political party in the name of religion is like saying we are the only one who are muslims and all other are not.
Excellent, I've looking for a way to describe these deeni jammats for the past few weeks but somehow have not managed to come up with the right words that express my feelings, but you have captured that sentiment of mine perfectly here.

These "deeni jamats" are doing nothing short of spiritual blackmail to the poor uneducated or those lacking in religious understanding that if you don't vote for us, you are a traitor and betraying Islam

Ibrahim Madani

Minister (2k+ posts)
MMA has taken a bold and firm stand against sectarianism by opposing sectarian organisations.
These accusations are exactly opposite of what MMA wants to achieve.

These frigging molvies.. Dividing people of pakistan in sects ..forever.
A big NO to you Maulana. MMA stands for Mufad parast Maulvis Association irrespective of sect. There should be no politics in the name of religion. Making a political party in the name of religion is like saying we are the only one who are muslims and all other are not. Your beard and caps do not give you any certificate of holiness. I will vote for Pakistan not for my caste, community or sect.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
If someone is concerned about their peaceful future, he has full right to vote for it.
He isn't denying anyone's right to vote freely but rather saying don't vote because of association of religion, cast, creed or gender. Vote for Pakistan instead, and that don't let these "deeni jamats" emotionally and spiritually blackmail you into voting for them either.

Ibrahim Madani

Minister (2k+ posts)
The political organizations which are devoid of any spiritual teachings have no interest in protecting the rights of minorities. It is only religion which teaches morality and peaceful coexistance.
He isn't denying anyone's right to vote freely but rather saying don't vote because of association of religion, cast, creed or gender. Vote for Pakistan instead, and that don't let these "deeni jamats" emotionally and spiritually blackmail you into voting for them either.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
MMA has taken a bold and firm stand against sectarianism by opposing sectarian organisations.
So what? As far as I can recall all non religious parties have also done the same, no one other than some weird moulvis in some deeni jamats like TLP and Khadim Rizvi who condones Mumtaz Qadris violence and regards him a "Shaheed and Ghazi" everyone has condemned terrorism.

And there is more fear of terrorism from these moulvis then anyone else right now, so better to avoid at all costs, regardless of party

Ibrahim Madani

Minister (2k+ posts)
The religious basis and religious commitment to non-violence can only solve the prevailant violence in Pakistan. Liberal organizations want to eliminate religion itself from the matters of the state and thus they will only fail in our society.
So what? As far as I can recall all non religious parties have also done the same, no one other than some weird moulvis in some deeni jamats like TLP and Khadim Rizvi who condones Mumtaz Qadris violence and regards him a "Shaheed and Ghazi" everyone has condemned terrorism.

And there is more fear of terrorism from these moulvis then anyone else right now, so better to avoid at all costs, regardless of party

Dream Seller

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The political organizations which are devoid of any spiritual teachings have no interest in protecting the rights of minorities. It is only religion which teaches morality and peaceful coexistance.
I don’t necessarily agree with that as a true Muslim should take care of anyone regardless of their faith...that’s what our Deen teaches us

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
The religious basis and religious commitment to non-violence can only solve the prevailant violence in Pakistan

I just gave you an example of a "deeni jamat" advocating and condoning violence. And can give many more of moulvis doing the same.

Liberal organizations want to eliminate religion itself from the matters of the state..
I don't care about any liberal organizations liberalization. My support is for PTI, PTI did more for the deen in KPK during its tenure than JI and MMA combined ever did in its rule.
What were MMAs achievements in this regards during its tenure ?