To The Point

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

b99ffa82232b9cd04c04c6e90d49937a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

adslpxp2

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: To The Point - 3rd September 2011 - Special Interview with Zulifqar Mirza

It is a very scary interview. I was on my toes the whole time.

Difficult questions and an open threat in the end.

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)

Can any one post this anchor ONE TO ONE INTERVIEW with MQM leaders with similar attacking tone...
Love to see , but at this moment i am getting a hint of partiality.

freedom1

Voter (50+ posts)

single word for the whole interview.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing. very bold anchor. well done. God bless you.

think

It is a very scary interview. I was on my toes the whole time.

Difficult questions and an open threat in the end.

I don't back MQM, but this will open killing of Urdu-speaking people (who they understand are Muhajirs) by Baloch and Pathan people.

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)

ZM has the balls to admit to some of allegations. Anchor asked few non sense and stupid questions, overall worth a watch.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Mirza factor comes into play

It is not yet clear exactly how this latest drama in Pakistan's politics will eventually play itself out. For some, the Mirza episode is a powerful reminder of Pakistan's continuing journey towards consolidating its recent but widely cherished democracy where the right to free speech must be a fundamental pillar..
But there is another element in this emerging picture which needs to be carefully examined. It is equally possible that the evolution of Pakistan's politics may have taken the country to the point where its political players are beginning to feel compelled to respond to the public's heartbeat.

Across Pakistan, the current ruling order has become the target of popular lament in a country where ordinary citizens feel marginalised, and for very good reason.

While Pakistan's political ruling class, now in power for more than three years since the departure of General Pervez Musharraf, continues to harp on the many gaps surrounding their rule owing to the country's undemocratic past, the number of takers of this line of argument are increasingly few. Today's ruling structure in Pakistan, tainted by allegations of corruption surrounding some of its key leaders, has failed to rise to the occasion.

For most Pakistanis, challenges of daily life ranging from galloping inflation to shortages of electricity and gas, have only fuelled popular complaints against leaders like Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani. Instead, there is a rapidly growing yearning for a liberator.

Restoring confidence

In this background, Mirza's outburst, though unpalatable for the rulers, sounds like a long overdue breath of fresh air. Mirza's decision to publicly make comments such as his knowledge of the MQM's role in the widely publicised killing of a Pakistani TV reporter, has brought forward what is indeed a rare example of a bold tradition in Pakistan's politics.

Going forward, it is now up to Mirza to back his claim with continuing his venture by publicly revealing the evidence that he claims to have gathered. This will help to finally begin a new tradition of truthfulness in Pakistani politics.

More vitally, it will also lead to the restoration of the public's confidence in their leaders. Eventually, the final shape of Pakistan's political picture as a result of what has popularly been dubbed the Mirza factor' is yet to become fully obvious. But what is equally vital for the long haul, irrespective of the fate of the present day rulers, is the arrival of a new tradition and a new way of conducting politics. For too long, Pakistanis have lived under the shadow of one set of rulers surpassing their predecessors in matters like corruption and nepotism.

Though difficult to gauge tangibly, the loss of public confidence in their leaders has harmed Pakistan's interests in a colossal way. The mere fact that most of Pakistan's qualified professionals today prefer to head out of the country rather than stay at home speaks volumes not only about a continuing brain-drain but also the widespread disgust over the way the country is being run.

While rulers like Zardari and Gilani have failed to arrest the continuing loss of popular confidence, Mirza, to his credit, has demonstrated that there are still individuals in places of high power who speak the truth.

Farhan Bokhari is a Pakistan-based commentator who writes on political and economic matters.

http://gulfnews.com/opinions/columnists/mirza-factor-comes-into-play-1.860800

magic.magic

Voter (50+ posts)
Re: Mirza factor comes into play

Mirza speaking the truth, what a BS. This Farhan Bukhari is the same guy whose name has appeared in Wikileaks that he disclosed the news of deal between Pak and saudi where Pak was selling Al-Khalid tanks and Mushak air planes to Saudi Arabia. These so called news reporters would sell their country for paltry sums - to gain confidence of their CIA and M-16 sponsored news papers - such as financial times.

Sarwat

Voter (50+ posts)

Shah Zaib Khanzada Chah Gaye Great Anchor.

Zulfiqar Murda

A.Ali.T

Minister (2k+ posts)

ZM has psyche of Jaffery Dahmer.

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)

Good program but the anchor asked few very personal questions. It isn't fair to ZM.......... if he is holding Qur'an to prove that he is telling truth about conspiracy against Pakistan why is the anchor asking about him drinking alcohol ? Specially when he himself put Qur'an aside when given to him to take oath.

I guess the next part of the interview will be aired tomorrow.

Last edited:

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)

I don't back MQM, but this will open killing of Urdu-speaking people (who they understand are Muhajirs) by Baloch and Pathan people.

already has....

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)

Can any one post this anchor ONE TO ONE INTERVIEW with MQM leaders with similar attacking tone...
Love to see , but at this moment i am getting a hint of partiality.

I agree but I think you must give credit to Zulfiqar Mirza for not lying, blatant confessions and anchor for bold questions

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)

I agree but I think you must give credit to Zulfiqar Mirza for not lying, blatant confessions and anchor for bold questions
He was probably not lying... specially on the first couple of days.... that was what I read from his body-language...

But he was also speaking half-truths.... conveniently ignoring the role of ANP and PPP in the target and non-target more general killings....and now justifying them as a "reaction"...

Unfortunately the target of most of this killing is now "Awam" on both sides....and all the players of this game are pusing the situation towards an ethnic genocide.... the reasons of which would sooner or later become clear....

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)

Malik offered US all Nadra record: WikiLeaks

9-3-2011_21982_l.jpg

KARACHI: Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik, back in the day, had offered US all the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) record so that it could easily track anyone who it suspected to be involved in terror-mongering, WikiLeaks revealed.

Detail has it that Rehman Malik as a token of tanks for aiding Pakistan came up with the offer of transferring Nadra’s record of millions of Pakistanis to US spy agencies. He also suggested signing an agreement with US to make it look legal and save the Pakistan Peoples’ Party government from any embarrassment to boot.