Saudi Arabian lingerie law ends - How Stupid can they GO?

hans

Banned
Saudi Arabian lingerie law ends

A campaign to end an anomaly under which only men could sell lingerie to women in Saudi Arabia has been won after direct intervention by the king.
cheese_1.jpg

Rules against "mingling" of the sexes at work in the kingdom, whose laws are based on a strict interpretation of Muslim Sharia, mean that most shops have male assistants only.

Until now that included lingerie shops, leading to complaints that assistants who tried to be helpful often tried to guess customers' bra sizes by staring hard at their abayas, the long all-enveloping gowns worn by Saudi women in public.

A group of professional women set up a Facebook campaign, "Enough Embarrassment" two years ago demanding a change to the practice and winning international attention. They pointed out that Labour Ministry guidelines had already demanded a shift to women-only lingerie stores in 2005, without result.

Fatwas by senior clerics against women serving on supermarket tills, a novelty attempted by one chain, did not help, despite campaigners pointing out that there was little difference between a man serving women customers and women serving male customers.

King Abdullah, who has pledged to broaden access to education and jobs for women in Saudi Arabia since coming to the throne in 2005, said from now on some jobs would be reserved for women only including working in lingeries shops. (clap)

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../8575638/Saudi-Arabian-lingerie-law-ends.html

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: How Stupid can they GO?

isnt this funny, How Saudi woman talk to male shop keeper for bra?

Last edited by a moderator:

biofilm

MPA (400+ posts)

Is it an Islamic state? Men trying to know bra sizes? lowest form of sexual perverseness. very hypocratic

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)
What is the reason of this posting here?

I mean
MOST OF THE TIME
and
MOST of the PLACES
Men works in shops even for that thing in whole world

why pointing out saudi arabia?

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
image.php

Hans

image.php

Skeptic

How Stupid can they GO?

Last edited:

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
this post shows the sickness of mind.

Its humble advise to the postmaker to get a life and do something positive in your life rather such irrelevent and idiotic topics .
one can find many more such topics related to advanced countries as well...
why worry for other country issues when one's own house full of nasty issues.

have sense my dear

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

I will ask admin to take action on this, very Personal comment
It is good , go ahead.

When u talk about muslim coverd women , dont you think about your wife , and daughter?

Did we talk like this about any Qadyani woman, we respect them , they are covered too.

And these women are mothers and sisters of someone and all Muslims.

We never talk about any jewish woman like that you coments...

Shame on your dirty mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

My question is still there, How your family ask from male shopkeeper.

U will say , they pick item by themselves in Canada , but about in Pakistan?

Faqeera, It hurts to me , when I talk about your family. This is common respect.

But I wrote just to awake u up.

Try to respect women...specially when it comes to their private life.

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)

It is not only SAUDI woman.

in whole world MOST of THE PLACES there are Male SHOP KEEPER for this thing.

and may be (if am not wrong) you might be able to have answer for this in your surrounding