MOHAJIRS OF PAKISTAN

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear brothers and sisters.
I have been thinking a lot over the issue of MQM and the association of this party with certain issues ,specifically for the mohajirs and the way Altaf Hussain has exploited the issues to his political advantages.

It is my firm belief that at the time of creation of Pakistan all those people who started from india to come to Pakistan were true,honest,dedicated,pure of heart,sincere and great. Those who reached here suffered a lot and those who could not attained Shahadat. My whole family immigrated in 1947 and thus my parents are muhajirs though they have never called themselves that,they are proud Pakistanis and we their children are too. Similarly all the other muhajirs are proud Pakistanis. To base a political party on the sacrifices of those who gave up all their worldly posessions for a dream is an injustice,is petty and insincere to their cause. I appeal to all those who are the children of muhajirs not to engage with such people and to all those muslims who embraced their muhajir brothers and sisters with open hearts in this land of pure once before ,to embrace them once again when they come back from their misguided journey.

barhaich

Senator (1k+ posts)
Well .miss sobia my Grandfather was a part of Aligarh student Pakistan movement at and then after migrating he became the in charge of water board Karachi.
You know what reason he was sacked for?
He was told by a PPP minister that you are fired cuz you are a Mohajir.

Honestly MQM is most definitely a traitor party. ( as in their leadership have sold out)
They are threatening my family to pledge allegiance to Altaf.

The reason why I use the word Muhajir, though My fathers first language is Pushto, is to defy Altaf's Claims that he has taken the quota of all urdu speaking karachiites.

In reality Altafs Ghundaz of MQM have taken the urdu speaking majority hostage.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Lol i dont think anyone on this forum can be convinced to change their views unless they do it on their own. I agree when i came here i was a mush hater but i now realize he was an angel compared to the others but that does not forgive all the wrong that he has done. Anyhoo this is about MQM and you guys need to realize that MQM is also changing slightly especially with the face lift in the form of mustafa kamal. His attitude though does need to change ,you cannot go around screaming at anyone you please.
PS they need to stop hating on Imran Khan because his work speaks for itself and you probably dont have much on him except sita white so its pointless to even try and throw dirt on him.

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
Miss Sobia:

I admire your sentiments and true emotions about feeling so proud of being a true and patriotic Pakistani. As I have said it so often that it is a treachery, treason and deception to call oneself a 'mohajir' if one is were born in Pakistan.

MQM is ruled by political thugs and led by a fugitive of law who have exploited Karachi's Urdu speaking people's resentments, grievances and prejudices of their personal failures in life as a foundation for their political movement. They misused nefarious and baser human instincts of hate, prejudice, discrimination and tongue to mislead a large population of Karachi.

Altaf Hussein believes in the philosophy that if you an Urdu speaking mohajir, you are not a Pakistani and those with personal resentments follow him like brainless sheep.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Saladin A said:
Miss Sobia:

MQM is ruled by political thugs and led by a fugitive of law who have exploited Karachi's Urdu speaking people's resentments, grievances and prejudices of their personal failures in life as a foundation for their political movement. They misused nefarious and baser human instincts of hate, prejudice, discrimination and tongue to mislead a large population of Karachi.

Altaf Hussein believes in the philosophy that if you an Urdu speaking mohajir, you are not a Pakistani and those with personal resentments follow him like brainless sheep.

Saladin saab who doesnt do that in pakistan, the masses have been exploited through the lack of education by their leaders for personal gains and after 60 years of this bullshit it has been carved into our subconscious. We need to change this mentality in the coming years because if it doesnt we might not get another 20 years of pakistan.

ramses2x1

MPA (400+ posts)
I can remember we have had a discussion on this issue in the past as well ,, but its a good thread by sobia , well done ...

the point i wanna make here is without going into detail what MQM is about... who is mohajir >?? what does this word means ??

we all know the definition of this word , I am not from UP or Bihar or Bengal or Bhopal .. and neither am I a Mohajir since i was born in Pakistan .. so why should i call myself a mohajir .. ??? it would be rediculous to do that

but im son of a mohajir and grandson of a Mohajir ( mind it, i still dont have the right callingmyself a mohajir ).. my grandfather and my dad migrated from Kashmir and eventually r eached Lahore via Hosyarpur .. and they lost a daughter ( i was told she was abducted and they found a missing girl on their way as well and they adopted her ) .. we suffered more or less the same like anyotherPakistan .. but should we start calling Pakistan a Blunder ?? ofcourse not .. whatever excuses we have heard from MQM is ridiculous ..

and my most important point is .. should we call those people mohajir as well , who moved to pakistan well after 1950... with all the assets just because they believed there r better opportunities of making more moeny here , they came over with all the riches and claimed for more over here and still call Pakistan a nuissance ... even more ridiculous ..

Pakistan is a movement and its an ongoing movement ..we are bunch of people .. lost .. we hate each other . we feel proud of calling ourselve mohajir or bengali , baluch or pustun , or punjabi or kashmiri ..

we are bunch of thankless people , we dont want to work hard and we are dishonest ..we are not obedient to Allah and we dont love our Prophet pbuh.. and then on top of all this we demand .. we believe its our right and we should get it ..

take care guys ... and wake up ..or else our end wont be different from previous civilisations ..

May Allah save us from Munafaqeens

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well said Ramses the second. You know he was a kafir fahroon.

If we gave up now, we will never become a great nation. If you were to look at the life of our beloved Prophet Mohammed (SAW), he single handily changed the whole history of the world and brought Light and Noor of Truth, Tawheed, knowledge, decency, morality, nobility, equality and concept of brotherhood to the whole of humanity. No one is born perfect because we are born to err and that is the test that we all have to pass to earn a good life in the life hereafter. Some one has to start from nothing and lead our nation and peoples to the right path and that could be you, me and every Pakistani if he loved Pakistan.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Saladin A said:
Well said Ramses the second. You know he was a kafir fahroon.

If we gave up now, we will never become a great nation. If you were to look at the life of our beloved Prophet Mohammed (SAW), he single handily changed the whole history of the world and brought Light and Noor of Truth, Tawheed, knowledge, decency, morality, nobility, equality and concept of brotherhood to the whole of humanity. No one is born perfect because we are born to err and that is the test that we all have to pass to earn a good life in the life hereafter. Some one has to start from nothing and lead our nation and peoples to the right path and that could be you, me and every Pakistani if he loved Pakistan.
Dont loose hope brother, theres many who think like you and i am one of them ...inshallah this country was created for greatness, ups and downs happen in the life of a nation...We should invite more mohajirs from other countries to stay in pakistan if they are muslim...This country was created by muslims and you know musalman sar kata sakta hai lekin sar juka nahi sakta..We gave our blood to create this country and we will die trying to make it great ...Never stop fighting for what you believe in. Good luck

barhaich

Senator (1k+ posts)
The only way to defeat Altaf is by getting an honest leader who can genuinely serve the Mohajirs. Moreover they need a leader that can convince the people of Karachi that they are equally important as Punjabi people or anyother Pakistani.

I have many friends from Liaquatabad, Nazimabad, Orangi Town, Lines Area, FB Area...

Most of them like MQM cuz they believe Punjabis hate them. And they have a right to, as people like Shahbaz Sharif, Nasrullah Babar have killed innocent young middle class pakistanis for reasons unknown to us. 15000 people weren't even killed in the operation against Akbar Bugti, who actually had an army.

pakland

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
@sobia and Bahraich

never use this word Muhajir. My Grandfather is also from India migrated in 47 but we never use this word muhajir because my father is karachi born and me too. My Allah knows how much I love my country alhamdulillah.
Pata Nahee kiun pore Pakistan ne Karachi Walon ko Muhajir ka Hawa kiun bana rakha hai.

Allah Pakistan ko traitors sai mehfooz rakhe Ameeeeeen.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
sobia403 said:
Dear brothers and sisters.
I have been thinking a lot over the issue of MQM and the association of this party with certain issues ,specifically for the mohajirs and the way Altaf Hussain has exploited the issues to his political advantages.

It is my firm belief that at the time of creation of Pakistan all those people who started from india to come to Pakistan were true,honest,dedicated,pure of heart,sincere and great. Those who reached here suffered a lot and those who could not attained Shahadat. My whole family immigrated in 1947 and thus my parents are muhajirs though they have never called themselves that,they are proud Pakistanis and we their children are too. Similarly all the other muhajirs are proud Pakistanis. To base a political party on the sacrifices of those who gave up all their worldly posessions for a dream is an injustice,is petty and insincere to their cause. I appeal to all those who are the children of muhajirs not to engage with such people and to all those muslims who embraced their muhajir brothers and sisters with open hearts in this land of pure once before ,to embrace them once again when they come back from their misguided journey.

I was born in East Pakistan and moved to Karachi in 1972. Lived there only 3 years and came to Canada. I never consider myself anything but PAKISTANI. I occasionaly call my self a Bihari just to differentiate when needed. Just like in Canada, there are Newfies, Ontarions, Albertans etc, but they are all Canadians

Gazoo

GeoTv sey ma'zrat key sath:

Bankey mian ki kahani
aji hum hain Pakistani :D

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
The issue is simple.

1-This is written in the constitution of Pakistan of 1956, and early text books of Pakistan. In 1973 constitution, the province of Sindh has been devided into Urban Sindh and Rural Sindh.Why? the constitution writing experts did not know what they are doing, and what impacts it will occur in the overall society of Pakistan? Why did any assembly not try to delete this devide?

2-No one ever claim themselves as MUHAJIRS, even that first generation who physically migrated from India to Pakistan never said they are MUHAJIRS. They always said we are Pakistanis and we have come to our own land i.e.Pakistan.

3- This is their truthfulness that became their biggest crime and they were and their all next generations were labelled by our local brothers as BHAYYAS, GHUS BATHIYE, PUNHA GUZEEN, TILAIR, MUKKAR, MUTTERVAIY AND LASTLY MUHAJIRS.

4- When they agreed and chose one nice word (MUHAJIR) from all the dirty ones above, what's wrong in it then? Why these people have cramps now?
We did what you said to us my dear.

5- Now it is too late, no one can force us to make a U-Turn now. This is written on the wall. You guys just read it every day and do like this [wall]

Councller (250+ posts)
barhaich said:
The only way to defeat Altaf is by getting an honest leader who can genuinely serve the Mohajirs. Moreover they need a leader that can convince the people of Karachi that they are equally important as Punjabi people or anyother Pakistani.

I have many friends from Liaquatabad, Nazimabad, Orangi Town, Lines Area, FB Area...

Most of them like MQM cuz they believe Punjabis hate them. And they have a right to, as people like Shahbaz Sharif, Nasrullah Babar have killed innocent young middle class pakistanis for reasons unknown to us. 15000 people weren't even killed in the operation against Akbar Bugti, who actually had an army.

What the problem with you guys if 22 million trust the leadership of Altaf husain then Who the hell are you give this advise. If you don't like him go hell. Karachi people are most educated, we do not care what you say. You see the result in every election. No MNA no MPA involve in any corruption. Problem with you guys is that how come MQM is so united. Their people are so united for last 20 year even Army couldn't remove MQM's leadership.

We are living much better than other cities. Our city is developing day bay day. Don't be jealous punjabi bhai. You need to find mustafa kamal in punjab which you can never find under corrupt leadership of ganja brothers.

Star Gazer

barhaich said:
What the problem with you guys if 22 million trust the leadership of Altaf husain then Who the hell are you give this advise. If you don't like him go hell. Karachi people are most educated, we do not care what you say. You see the result in every election. No MNA no MPA involve in any corruption. Problem with you guys is that how come MQM is so united. Their people are so united for last 20 year even Army couldn't remove MQM's leadership.

We are living much better than other cities. Our city is developing day bay day. Don't be jealous punjabi bhai. You need to find mustafa kamal in punjab which you can never find under corrupt leadership of ganja brothers.

All the readers please compare the language of this self professed democratic, most educated lover of AH and his ideas ,with the language used by the rest of the members and then it will be clearer to think "hmm what is wrong with him and his like?"

This is exactly the point that I am trying to make that the word Muhajir means some one who immigrates to another land for ideological cause and this encompasses all ethnic backgrounds and IS NOT LIMITED TO URDU SPEAKING as made to appear by the MQM and it's followers.Why should they use this,what do they think that all the other muhajirs did not suffer ? are they the only one's who had to sacrifice or face other problems? This is their narrow minded, selfish approach which goes to show what is their ulterior motive,it is political clout based on ethnicity. Pakistan was not created for ethnicity, for demogogery and for petty gains. I agree that many Urdu speaking people have been hijacked by AH and there are many many more who do not confirm to this idea,remember Hakim Saeed?
The purpose of such discussions is to try to bring out into the open such issues wheather they are of Karachi, Baluchistan, Sind ,Punjab, Sarhad or any other part of our beloved Pakistan.

PakPatriot1

Senator (1k+ posts)
Sister Sobia
Forget what a teenager supporter of AH and MQM says. that's his age which demands him to be harsh like that (although he is not wrong in his arguments any ways)
Just give me the answers of these if you claim to be a wise person. Don't ignore or skip, otherwise it will be understood you just have venom but the replies.
The issue is simple.

1-This is written in the constitution of Pakistan of 1956, and early text books of Pakistan. In 1973 constitution, the province of Sindh has been devided into Urban Sindh and Rural Sindh.Why? the constitution writing experts did not know what they are doing, and what impacts it will occur in the overall society of Pakistan? Why did any assembly not try to delete this devide?

2-No one ever claim themselves as MUHAJIRS, even that first generation who physically migrated from India to Pakistan never said they are MUHAJIRS. They always said we are Pakistanis and we have come to our own land i.e.Pakistan.

3- This is their truthfulness that became their biggest crime and they were and their all next generations were labelled by our local brothers as BHAYYAS, GHUS BATHIYE, PUNHA GUZEEN, TILAIR, MUKKAR, MUTTERVAIY AND LASTLY MUHAJIRS.

4- When they agreed and chose one nice word (MUHAJIR) from all the dirty ones above, what's wrong in it then? Why these people have cramps now?

5- Now it is too late, no one can force us to make a U-Turn now. This is written on the wall. You guys just read it every day and do like this [wall]

barhaich

Senator (1k+ posts)
My parents don't even use the term Muhajir. I use it to show my urdu-speaking friends (who are from the less priveledged class of Karachi), that I am one of them.

No-matter what the case is 92 operation was disgusting.
And if anyone in Punjab thinks Altaf Hussain is taking care of the poor and middle class, please guys open ur eyes Altaf is a foriegn agent.

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)
We are all Pakistanis, we are not sindhi, balochi,punajbi,pathan or muhajir ..... Injustices have been done in the past. We should forget past and look forward and work towards a better future.

GeoG

PakPatriot1 said:
Forget what a teenager supporter of AH and MQM says. that's his age which demands him to be harsh like that

How do we know if he is 20 years of age or 60 years old who are now starting to see Altaf Hussina Karamat.
Instead of giving a lame excuse you should have addressed him first and asked him to behave in responding .

Blind followers will never introvert but sensible (not necessarily educated) of Mohajir community must ask themself a question why is it that all other communities including Sindhis, Punjabis, Baluchis, Pashtuns and even religious parties, do not get along with them.
Everyone esle can't be wrong at the same time so there is something MQM needs to do to mend its ways for becoming acceptable to other communities.

Star Gazer

PakPatriot1 said:
Sister Sobia
Forget what a teenager supporter of AH and MQM says. that's his age which demands him to be harsh like that (although he is not wrong in his arguments any ways)
Just give me the answers of these if you claim to be a wise person. Don't ignore or skip, otherwise it will be understood you just have venom but the replies.
The issue is simple.

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
They say that the "Face is the reflection of your inner-self and character". I ask, how many people see honesty in Altaf Hussein's face.