Imran Khan paid 2 lac 73 thousands Tax in 2012 : Express news

Xiggs

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
if the figure reported by the daily express is incorrect then can someone get the real figure out? there should be a way to debunk this news if its not true....emotions only are not enough for that.

Bring out correct figure......people!!! correct figure!!

umair ahmed

MPA (400+ posts)
Imran Khan have paid 2 lac 73 thousand tax

But the reporter twisted the whole story around Taxable income but he didnt or intentionally failed to tell how much Total Income Imran khan has declared ???

Because it will contain his Foreign Source Income and Agriculture Income . . .which is exempt , for example in 2011 Imran khan total income was about 2 crores but the Taxable income was 5 lacs and IK gave 3 lac 22 thousand Tax in 2011 . .

Same in this year but the reporter didnt mentioned his total income but twisted the whole story around Taxable income . .and he is telling that assets and his expense have also increased without mentioning his total income . . .

And he also fogot to tell that IK had 4 lac 22 thousand dollars , 76,000 Euros and about 10,000 pounds in his accounts . . .

Competent

Minister (2k+ posts)
He has declared his total income and he as paid the correct tax on his taxable income. so what's the problem!

crankthskunk

I think I know a thing or two about taxation.

Let's put it this way, IK live modestly, from everything we have seen. Given he has a big house, a SUV but those could be his two big expenses.

As for travel around the world. He travels on different tours for fundraising. Either for the charities he is involved in or for political donations from around the world.

It is quite common and appropriate that his travels expenses are paid from the cause or organisation he is traveling for. This is allowable expense all over the world.

Nooras' clamor about how IK manage such tours is bogus.

According to IK life style as long as he is showing that he took care of his household bills and other personal expenses like servants pay, fuel expenses for personal use etc. He is absolutely fine. Therefore, if he is showing over crore Income from agriculture then there is absolutely no reason to criticise him.

He has no business etc, so how can he show more income? He has said, in the past he did some commentary, therefore in those years his income was higher as a consequence he paid higher taxes.

Now let's turn the table on Nooras.
Nawaz has paid just over 2 million in taxes for last 3 years. Before that in 2009 it was Rs 5000 and for earlier years absolutely nothing.

We know Noora doesn't travel for charitable purposes.
We also know that Noora has a huge palace compare to IK's house. So how much are his bills?
His servants wages?
His petrol bills?
His travel bills?
Him paying envelopes to journalists?
His and wife's medical expenses in the UK?
Him paying for his sons and their family expenses in the UK? According to records his sons have no profits and no taxes in last 5 years in the UK. I am sure they are not surviving on thin air.

What about their overseas properties? I am not talking about commercial properties which are dealt by the companies owned by Hassan. I am talking about properties which are in personal use of his sons and his wife in the UK. Who is paying for their bills, local property taxes etc.
Who is paying for their food, domestic servants' wages etc?
The list goes on and on.

Now let me break down in simple terms.

Rs 2 million gross up at a Income Tax rate of 20% only comes to 1 Crore or little over taxable Income. Before Noonis' jump up and down, they should know, Nawaz's only source of income according to his tax returns is "Chaudry Sugar Mill".

Who is the brave PMLN leader or supporter to show me how Nawaz survives in Rs 8 million a year with such list of expenses?

You see I told you guys I am not a PTI or IK supporter. I only deal with hard facts. And I am convince from every conceivable angle that Nawaz is a thief.

I challenge any PMLN leader or supporter to debate with me.

I oppose Nooras because they are a danger for Pakistan, period.

I think I should write an article on this matter. I have not written anything for a while because I am disillusioned from Pakistani media. But I think Pakistan needs my share to save it from sharks and for it to progress, I should do my duty to Pakistan.

hardcore

MPA (400+ posts)
Income tax is based on how much you earn every year.it does not include property or any major capital assets(such as shares,antique painting etc).any gain in capital assets are dealt separately.This is only payable if you sell your capital assets.However if you don't have any income you would not be paying INCOME tax at all regardless of how much worth of property you own.Please refrain from confusing two taxes and misleading innocent people.Thank you:)

crankthskunk

Income tax is based on how much you earn every year.it does not include property or any major capital assets(such as shares,antique painting etc).any gain in capital assets are dealt separately.This is only payable if you sell your capital assets.However if you don't have any income you would not be paying INCOME tax at all regardless of how much worth of property you own.Please refrain from confusing two taxes and misleading innocent people.Thank you:)

Excuse me are you talking to me? When I wrote property taxes, I meant council Tax on properties. Get a grip man. Don't tell me Nooras are exempt from council tax on properties in the UK?

hardcore

MPA (400+ posts)
Excuse me are you talking to me? When I wrote property taxes, I meant council Tax on properties. Get a grip man. Don't tell me Nooras are exempt from council tax on properties in the UK?

Sorry i was not referring to your post otherwise i would have quoted you.I only addressed the increase in the value of property mentioned in the article.

The irony is their is a loophole in our tax system that they exempt foreign income.If you are uk citizen then your foreign income is also taxable.But this does not happen in Pakistan.

I have just read your post and i completely agree with you.;)

PakiPatriot

MPA (400+ posts)
Why don't you do that by yourself?

BTW Nooras used to tell the world that IK didn't pay any Tax from 1970 till now but now they learnt that IK's Tax used to paid by PCB or any advertisement company, now they are talking about 1992-2002. HAHAHHA What a Twist?

Even if IK would evade any tax during this time, it will be peanuts as compare to Tax paid by Nooras.
Btw for your kind information... even if your company pays the tax you need to file the tax return at the end of the year.
aur aap ko yea usi waqt pata ho ga if you pay your taxes too.. :P so have you filed any income tax returns urself.??
aur PCB tu zabardasti tax kaat laiti thi becharay say..... warna.. :D

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Btw for your kind information... even if your company pays the tax you need to file the tax return at the end of the year.
aur aap ko yea usi waqt pata ho ga if you pay your taxes too.. :P so have you filed any income tax returns urself.??
aur PCB tu zabardasti tax kaat laiti thi becharay say..... warna.. :D

I pay more tax (> one Millions Rupees) than your Leaders keep in mind.

It might be legal to file Tax return otherwise the main problem is evading the taxes otherwise Sharifs are filing Tax returns since long but used to pay tax in Hundreds to thousands of rupees.

In UK, a salaried person doesn't need to file a return. Tax Return is only required for Self Employed or businessman, otherwise Tax is deducted using a code provided by Tax department. :P:P:P:P

PakiPatriot

MPA (400+ posts)
I pay more tax (> one Millions Rupees) than your Leaders keep in mind.

It might be legal to file Tax return otherwise the main problem is evading the taxes otherwise Sharifs are filing Tax returns since long but used to pay tax in Hundreds to thousands of rupees.

In UK, a salaried person doesn't need to file a return. Tax Return is only required for Self Employed or businessman, otherwise Tax is deducted using a code provided by Tax department. :P:P:P:P
Brother i m talking about Pakistan... in Pakistan you have to file a tax return even if your tax is paid by company..
So brother till we dont get UK system here.. we have to abide by our law..
Thank you for exposing ur leader urself..

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Brother i m talking about Pakistan... in Pakistan you have to file a tax return even if your tax is paid by company..
So brother till we dont get UK system here.. we have to abide by our law..
Thank you for exposing ur leader urself..

HAHAHHa.......... Nawaz is your leader not mine who is already exposed and who always paid less tax than his income. Rs. 5000 is one of the example.

In addition to that if IK didn't file a return from 1992-2002, then why your "Usool Pasand" leader didn't file case against him? Answer me this if you can? Why is he reminding us Imran's past "Crimes" now? Why didn't he act against IK?