A Request to All Muslims and Non-Muslims Please CALL MASJID not Mosque

Lodhi

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Assalamoalaikum,
I am sure many brothers and sisters have received this HOAX. The wordings are as follows:
CALL MASJID not Mosque
Dear Muslims,
Please read this and pass it on to any and all Muslims that you can. It is vital and important information, I believe.
Muslims Refrain From Using the Term "Mosque" I was flipping through this book at the book store the other day called "The Complete Idiots Guide to Understanding Islam" (hehe) and it is filled with fun facts. Some stuff I didn't even know.
One of them concerns the term "mosque." So many of us think that this the english translation of Masjid. I often wondered how that was when they really had little in common with how they sounded.
Anyway this book pointed out that the term mosque is derived from the spanish word for "mosquito." It was termed as such because during the Crusades, King Ferdinand (or someone.. i forget exactly whom it said coined the term) said they were gonna go and swat the muslims "like mosquitos."
So dear Muslim brothers and sisters, refrain from using this term which is obviously a disgusting slap in the face to the Ummah. Educate our brothers and sisters to the history and etymology of this word. And let us replace it with the word which is MEANT to be used: Masjid! The Place of Prostration!! NOT Mosque: the place to be swatted! If any of you have doubts about this, then please go pick up the book and read it.

This is another Conspiracy by Non Muslims who want Muslims to waste their Precious time discussing these useless things that will make no difference to their life as well. This Email is a HOAX. Please do not forward it to people and help spread slur. In fact when you get mail saying forward it to everyone you know, please delete it immediately. See the following details below. I have spent a lot of time writing it, so please read it.
From my research, I have found that there are four possible origins for the word mosque in the English language. The first possibility is that it derives from the French word mosquee that existed during the period in French linguistic history known as Middle French. The second possibility is that it is a derivative of the Arabic word masjid. The third possibility is that it derives from the Old Italian word moschea and the final possibility is that it comes from the Old Spanish word mezquita. These various words were used to describe the Muslim place of worship in the various languages mentioned.
Now this is from the dictionary: mosque (first cited occurance: c. 1400):
[In 16th c. mosquee (later shortened to mosque), a. F. mosque, a. It. moschea (whence G. moschee), a. Arab. masgid (so pronounced in N. Africa; elsewhere masjid), f. sagada (sajada) to worship.
Cf. early mod.F. mosquete, Sp. mezquita, Pg. mesquita, It. meschita (see MESQUITA1). Eng. writers have occas. used forms directly taken from Arabic, as MASJID, MOSGED, MUSCHID. Some of the forms above are from Italian; the precise history of the forms in Mandeville is obscure.]
for mosquito (first cited occurance: c. 1583):
[a. Sp. and Pg. mosquito, dim. of mosca (:L. musca) fly.
Cf. F. moustique (whence MOUSTICK Obs.), a metathetic alteration of the Sp. word.]
As you can clearly see that the Spanish word for Mosquito is "mosca".
See:
http://www.bartleby.com/61/40/M0434000.html
http://www.bartleby.com/61/39/M0433900.html
With the above in mind, I believe it is important to keep a sensible perspective when approaching the origin of words. Words are dynamic and over time often change their meanings from what they originally may have been intended for. It is likely that there are many words in all languages that result from the ignorance or hatred that may have once existed between peoples, races, tribes or religions. We should consider contemporary usage of words and the intention of their current meanings as most important.
The book, Complete Idiot's guide to Islam is for Idiots, not for Muslims who know.
Please spend your time more constuctively rather than this kind of things.
May Allah give Guidance to all Muslims and bring them on right path. WasSalam,

http://www.islamawareness.net/Mosque/hoax.html

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Solution. Simply use Masjid. [MENTION=12802]faqira786[/MENTION] is it wrong?

Make it simple, you use Masjid and I will use Mosque, Make it simple. We both are friend, brothers in Islam and respect each other.

We still love each other regardlesss differences.

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
Lodhi Sahab, this is the first time i heard such a bazarr fact. I have lived in US and Canada almost 24 years and everytime we tell people we are going to the mosque, they equate this term as a place of Muslim worship like church for themselves not a mosquito house. Stop reading non sense books and you will stay sane. William Sheakspere said " you can call a Rose with any name, it still be a Rose". Masjid or Mosque are interchangably used by Muslims and non Muslims alike for a Muslim place of worship. Rest is all a small story to spread hatred umoung people.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
1 :58,59
وَإِذْ قُلْنَا ادْخُلُوا هَـٰذِهِ الْقَرْيَةَ فَكُلُوا مِنْهَا حَيْثُ شِئْتُمْ رَغَدًا[HI] وَادْخُلُوا الْبَابَ سُجَّدًا وَقُولُوا حِطَّةٌ[/HI] نَّغْفِرْ لَكُمْ خَطَايَاكُمْ ۚ وَسَنَزِيدُ الْمُحْسِنِينَ ﴿٥٨﴾ فَبَدَّلَ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا قَوْلًا غَيْرَ الَّذِي قِيلَ لَهُمْ فَأَنزَلْنَا عَلَى الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا رِجْزًا مِّنَ السَّمَاءِ بِمَا كَانُوا يَفْسُقُونَ ﴿٥٩﴾

پھر یاد کرو جب ہم نے کہا تھا کہ، "یہ بستی جو تمہارے سامنے ہے، اس میں داخل ہو جاؤ، اس کی پیداوار جس طرح چاہو، مزے سے کھاؤ، مگر[HI] بستی کے دروازے میں سجدہ ریز ہوتے ہو ئے داخل ہونا اور کہتے جانا حطۃ حطۃ، ہم تمہاری خطاؤں سے در گزر کریں گے[/HI] اور نیکو کاروں کو مزید فضل و کرم سے نوازیں گے" (٥٨) مگر جو بات کہی گئی تھی، ظالموں نے اُسے بدل کر کچھ اور کر دیا آخر کار ہم نے ظلم کرنے والوں پر آسمان سے عذاب نازل کیا یہ سزا تھی ان نافرمانیوں کی، جو وہ کر رہے تھے (٥٩)

Description of Fqira's friend , Jews......

Ehraz

MPA (400+ posts)
Origin:late Middle English: from French mosque, via Italian and Spanish from Egyptian Arabic masgid.
Don't confuse people...! Such kind of disinformation could weaken the Faith ( hmmm...see now I am confused... should I use the word Iman or the word Faith?) of YOUR FELLOW MUSLIMS!;-)
Islam ease your life, rather than vice versa.

Mughal1

Why a masjid is called a masjid?

Why MIHRAAB in the masjid is called a mihraab?

Why a mimber is called a mimber in a masjid?

QADIANITRUTH

Senator (1k+ posts)
This an unncessary issue. We know that Mosque is translation for Masjid, source does not matter. Today, no one is mocking when one uses 'Mosque' as translation for Masjid.
You can also raise objection to word "maseet" used for masjid in Punjabi.

Faqira said " We both are friend, brothers in Islam and respect each other. "

If you are a qadiani, then yoiu are not telling the truth. Actually you are being a hypocrite here. Acoding to your 'nabi', no one is Muslim unless he/she accepts Mirza's claims. Your khalifa sani (appropriately known as khalifa ****) and his brother Mirza Bashir M A ( both are sons of Mirza qadiani) declared all Muslim iumma is kafir and outside pole of Islam unless they take bait of Mirza. K2 said that even thoise who have never heard of Mirza's name are 'kafir and outside pale of islam'.

So, please stop being hypocrite when you say we are brothers in Islam. You are not brothers in islam, but you can be brothers in humanity.. but you have nothing to do with Islam..

Ehraz

MPA (400+ posts)
The curse of Allah and the angels and the of men, all together on those who deliberately tell lies. Just to protect yours weak understanding of Islam, you come up with such ill-minded idea. NOT A SINGLE AHMADI and NONE OF THEIR KHALIFA HAS EVER SAID THIS SO. I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME THIS. Only what he said is already mentioned very CLEAR in Quran, where it says: "This Messenger of Ours believes in that which has been revealed to him from his Lord, and so do the believers: all of them believe in Allah, and in His angels, and in His Books, and in His Messengers, saying, "We make no distinction between any of His Messengers;" and they say, "We hear, and we obey. We implore Thy forgiveness, O our Lord, and to Thee is the returning." [2:286]

barkat

Councller (250+ posts)
ye wo useless issues hain jin main hamari masjedoon k jahill mulla saada awaam ko uljhaay rakhti hai,,, koi bolta hai khuda na kaho sirf Allah kaho, bhai,,,, hazaroon dafa takkarain maar lo karoroon insaan ab bhi khuda kahaingay etc etc... Islam ki asal ruuh PEACE hai , wo ghaib hai, koi research ki jaay k peace muslims main se ku ghaib hai, ham main tolerance ku nahi, hamaray mulk main kisi ki jaan, ezzat, aabru ku safe nahi ,,,,,,, jahill mullas k paas ye issues hain he nahi, or in batoon ko dunya ki baat keh keh ker awam ko gumrah kertay hain
sab kaan khol ker sun lo , jab tak musalmaan insaan ka bacha nahi banta, musalmaan he nahi banay ga,,,, apni khoi hui insaniyat dhoondo, masjid mosque ki behasoon main kuch nahi rakha,

Ehraz

MPA (400+ posts)
ye wo useless issues hain jin main hamari masjedoon k jahill mulla saada awaam ko uljhaay rakhti hai,,, koi bolta hai khuda na kaho sirf Allah kaho, bhai,,,, hazaroon dafa takkarain maar lo karoroon insaan ab bhi khuda kahaingay etc etc... Islam ki asal ruuh PEACE hai , wo ghaib hai, koi research ki jaay k peace muslims main se ku ghaib hai, ham main tolerance ku nahi, hamaray mulk main kisi ki jaan, ezzat, aabru ku safe nahi ,,,,,,, jahill mullas k paas ye issues hain he nahi, or in batoon ko dunya ki baat keh keh ker awam ko gumrah kertay hain
sab kaan khol ker sun lo , jab tak musalmaan insaan ka bacha nahi banta, musalmaan he nahi banay ga,,,, apni khoi hui insaniyat dhoondo, masjid mosque ki behasoon main kuch nahi rakha,
I wholeheartedly agree with your perspective

Lodhi

At least you read the article thats why I clicked like. the fact is that there are many things which is beter not to translate and use the original words when it comes to the the religion. Some time when one translate any things related to religion the meanings does not remain correct and if one do it with bad intention then thats something we better avoide. rest is your own choice. I think its good to follow what our Islamic values say instead of what non muslims wants us to follow.
By the way I never heard AQSA MOSQUE or NABAWI MOSQUE, I always heard MASJID AQSA and MASJID NABAWI.

Last edited:

QADIANITRUTH

Senator (1k+ posts)
The curse of Allah and the angels and the of men, all together on those who deliberately tell lies. Just to protect yours weak understanding of Islam, you come up with such ill-minded idea. NOT A SINGLE AHMADI and NONE OF THEIR KHALIFA HAS EVER SAID THIS SO. I CHALLENGE YOU TO SHOW ME THIS. Only what he said is already mentioned very CLEAR in Quran, where it says: "This Messenger of Ours believes in that which has been revealed to him from his Lord, and so do the believers: all of them believe in Allah, and in His angels, and in His Books, and in His Messengers, saying, "We make no distinction between any of His Messengers;" and they say, "We hear, and we obey. We implore Thy forgiveness, O our Lord, and to Thee is the returning." [2:286]

Ok, I accept this challenge and I am proving it from your official website.

here is the link:
http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Truth-about-the-Split.pdf

go to page 57 and 58 of the book " Truth about split" by Mirza Bashiruddin Mehmood, your khalifa 2.
Here is image of the book

I propagated the belief that Hadrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was actually
a Nabi; (2) the belief that he was 'the Ahmad' spoken of in the prophecy
of Jesusas referred to in the Holy Quran in Al-Saff 61:7; and (3) the belief
that all those so-called Muslims who have not entered into his Bai‘at
formally, wherever they may be, are kuffar and outside the pale of Islam,
even though they may not have heard the name of the Promised Messiahas.

Truth about the Split

That these beliefs have my full concurrence, I readily admit.

What I deny is the statement that I have been entertaining these views

since 1914 or only three or four years before. On the contrary, as I shall

presently show, the first and the last of these beliefs were entertained by
me even during the lifetime of the Promised Messiah.

So my qadiani friend, read it here and from your official website too and see how he declared all muslim umma as KAFIR and OUTSIE PALE OF ISLAM.​

If you need reference where Mirza qadiani declared everyone as non-muslims, ask me and I will oblige to show the dirty face of Mirza qadiani from your official website.​

Last edited:

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)

Ehraz
although i have shown you previously that where it is being said by your Khalifa and your (false)Nabi.
but point is .
when your Khalifa and Nabi called non Ahmadi as Kafir then why Ahmadi tell lie that oh we are muslim brohters etc... why to lie? for deception?