We Stood No Chance, Pakistani's Protected Us, They Were Ready to Die for Us

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
(Copied Content)

Once in Washington, i was out on desi dine out in shalwar kameez and peshawari chappal. I sat in a Turkish diner with a few friends and someone placed his hand on my shoulder, i look up, a young man in a suit is looking down on me, he smiled and asked me to stand up - awestruck i obliged. He asked me to give him a hug, at this point i just didn't want to be rude so i gave him a hug. He politely asked if he could join our table, there were no women in our company so i said okay, let it be another dude fest. He sits down, greets other friends, we're all trying to be polite. I served him Turkish tea, beleklava and asked for his introduction.

He smiles, looks at my face and says my name is Onur and I'm from Bosnia. He said that you must be wondering why i just waltzed in and gave you a hug? - i was like yea. He said that when he was a child, it was the time of the Serb, Bosnian war, the Serbs were massacring us with genocidal intent. We were helpless as we had no army, no weapons and we weren't trained. We had light arms and serbs had Tanks, we stood no chance. Serbs would bring armor into our villages and kill the Muslim men and boys, they'd kidnap the women and girls and left the old people to bury the dead.

In those days, no one helped us. Then the Pakistan's Army arrived and along with them came the covert operators who started to arm and train us. They brought anti tank missiles which in Bosnia became known as the 'Green Arrows' (Baktar Shikan ATGMs). They would also fight with us against the Serbs and those missiles put an end to the use of Tanks. Suddenly the tables had turned and Serbs were paying a heavy toll once they were no longer protected by armor.

He said that the Pakistanis protected our families and were willing to die for us and they did. Therefore when i saw you in a Shalwar Kameez, i was sitting across the hall and i just had to come and give my thanks.

I was speechless, as one of own relatives had done a 5 year service in Bosnia with the UNPKF. We told him that it was a pleasure and we are glad to hear about this. We sat there for two hours, shared our meal and chatted. We parted after greeting warmly and i can't forget the look in his eyes. Proud to be a Pakistani

Galaxy

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This is totally new to me .How did they allow Pakistan army to go there. It was mostly NATO in there.

Galaxy

When you look at the Bosnian map ,they did not give them any Sea shore. The whole game was planned mostly by the British since they consider themselves as the brain of the EU and the flag carriers of Isreal.

Galaxy

When the massacre was getting out of hand in the last minutes the Americans had change of heard and start bombing raids on Serb positions.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I knew about Mogadishu.
It's not that in every conflict Pak army announces "hey we are there"?
Most probably because a hollywood movie was made on the subject.

It was a big thing, everyone alive of a reasonable age knew about this. Pakistani soldiers also played a big part in protecting Saudi and taking back the town of Khobar in the first gulf war along with many other operations in that war

Pakistani Peacekeeping forces and actions are well know and appreciated globally, we are one of the frontier peacekeepers

stoic

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pak Army was deployed their under UN peace mission. And the rest may have been done by the Markhors☺
If i am not mistake the baktar shikan and operational help was provided by pakistan with the help of turkey and saudi funding covertly while pak army was also part of the un mission which wasn't allowed to engage the enemy.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If i am not mistake the baktar shikan and operational help was provided by pakistan with the help of turkey and saudi funding covertly while pak army was also part of the un mission which wasn't allowed to engage the enemy.

Maybe. Yet such things are neither admitted nor made public.

Eyeaan

(Copied Content)

Once in Washington, i was out on desi dine out in shalwar kameez and peshawari chappal. I sat in a Turkish diner with a few friends and someone placed his hand on my shoulder, i look up, a young man in a suit is looking down on me, he smiled and asked me to stand up - awestruck i obliged. He asked me to give him a hug, at this point i just didn't want to be rude so i gave him a hug. He politely asked if he could join our table, there were no women in our company so i said okay, let it be another dude fest. He sits down, greets other friends, we're all trying to be polite. I served him Turkish tea, beleklava and asked for his introduction.

He smiles, looks at my face and says my name is Onur and I'm from Bosnia. He said that you must be wondering why i just waltzed in and gave you a hug? - i was like yea. He said that when he was a child, it was the time of the Serb, Bosnian war, the Serbs were massacring us with genocidal intent. We were helpless as we had no army, no weapons and we weren't trained. We had light arms and serbs had Tanks, we stood no chance. Serbs would bring armor into our villages and kill the Muslim men and boys, they'd kidnap the women and girls and left the old people to bury the dead.

In those days, no one helped us. Then the Pakistan's Army arrived and along with them came the covert operators who started to arm and train us. They brought anti tank missiles which in Bosnia became known as the 'Green Arrows' (Baktar Shikan ATGMs). They would also fight with us against the Serbs and those missiles put an end to the use of Tanks. Suddenly the tables had turned and Serbs were paying a heavy toll once they were no longer protected by armor.

He said that the Pakistanis protected our families and were willing to die for us and they did. Therefore when i saw you in a Shalwar Kameez, i was sitting across the hall and i just had to come and give my thanks.

I was speechless, as one of own relatives had done a 5 year service in Bosnia with the UNPKF. We told him that it was a pleasure and we are glad to hear about this. We sat there for two hours, shared our meal and chatted. We parted after greeting warmly and i can't forget the look in his eyes. Proud to be a Pakistani
Give credit to Benazir Bhutto as well. She did that one thing very right. She spoke for bosnian muslims when even European human right groups were silent, she along with turkish leader visited Sarajevo in the middle of the war to protest against ethnic cleansing, brought refugees to Islamabad and of course pak trained them to fight back. I don't want to go into jehad in Bosnia which benazir vocally supported. (today's PPP will not own to that)

Jamal1

MPA (400+ posts)
Something similar of the sorts happened to me as well. I was manning the front desk at a luxury building, a Bosnian couple along with a Bosnian real estate agent walked in to buy an apt, I knew they were Muslims so I was extra nice to them (didn't know about our involvement in Bosnia back then).

They asked me where i was from and when i told them Pakistan, the guy almost flew to hug me, but i could see he was resisting. But he didn't stop there, started asking me for my visiting card, i told him i don't carry one, he insisted (on day one and when he came back with his daughter on day 2 ) that i give him a contact number as he has a lot of friend and he will find me a better job through his contact.

Being the proud Pakistani khuchar ;) that I am, I politely turned him down and told him Insha Allah i will manage on my own.

But honestly since that day Pak Army ki izzat aur bhi bhar gae marey dil meh. Allah kush rakhay Gen Nasir (ISI) ko who managed all of this, nd to save his fellow Muslim brother he told the international community buzz off!!! we will do what ever is necessary.

Last edited: