Survey: should prayers be allowed in the schools in Canada

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is very important survey which is running on cp24 website only for today, please read details in email below, currently 61 % have voted for NO, if this pool's results will be used in the decision making then it will not be good for the kids who are able to perform their Friday prayers at public schools, please act immediately and vote honestly what is your own opinion.

http://www.cp24.com/

Moderators please for Allah's sake do not merge this thread untill tomorrow. I know there is another thread on this topic but not on the survey and if you merge this message will go to the bottom.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Shamsher.

Thanks for this informative thread...........I really do appreciate of having such kind of contribution, which help us to exist in this community. Though result is 54% in yes, which shows Masha Allah our people have awareness of the religion........other 46% are definitely not muslims for sure but there are some muslim elements who are not supporting religion, Allah will give them Hiddayat.

Regards.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dear Shamsher.

Thanks for this informative thread...........I really do appreciate of having such kind of contribution, which help us to exist in this community. Though result is 54% in yes, which shows Masha Allah our people have awareness of the religion........other 46% are definitely not muslims for sure but there are some muslim elements who are not supporting religion, Allah will give them Hiddayat.

Regards.

Abbasi Bhai! Canadians are great people. Very loving and accomodating. They are more accomodating than many brothers from our own faith. We need to express our selves more, mingle with them and show them what our deen is. I would like to quote a comment from Yusuf Hamza that " we have so many people preaching Islam but it is about time that we should start living Islam". We say that our deen is religion of peace and we are the best ummat that is in this world as a blessing for humanity, but do we really reflect that through our character? We really need to live Islam so that people can understand it. We need to come together and help the community without any regard to race, religion and culture. Muslims have more rights in Canada than in muslims countries. Unless they understand their responsibilities we will keep facing these situation very often.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Abbasi Bhai! Canadians are great people. Very loving and accomodating. They are more accomodating than many brothers from our own faith. We need to express our selves more, mingle with them and show them what our deen is. I would like to quote a comment from Yusuf Hamza that " we have so many people preaching Islam but it is about time that we should start living Islam". We say that our deen is religion of peace and we are the best ummat that is in this world as a blessing for humanity, but do we really reflect that through our character? We really need to live Islam so that people can understand it. We need to come together and help the community without any regard to race, religion and culture. Muslims have more rights in Canada than in muslims countries. Unless they understand their responsibilities we will keep facing these situation very often.

Dear Shamsheer,

Needless to say I am impressed.........Yes you are very correct, Canadian are very nice and accommodating........they respect and care. let me share with you couple of great experiences.

When I migrate to Canada, I went to school for my Kids admission, they helped with every single step and finally when I told them about my kids unavailability for Music, they asked me a simple question, other kids are also taking Music are they not Muslim, and on my reply they immediately understand, I simply replied to them "probably they are not practicing Muslim" I am not offending any one, I regard every Muslim either in Canada or abroad, only thing I came to know, that these people are ready to cooperate, provided people they ask for their requirement, Same way my son asked his school principal for Duhr and Friday prayer time and place and they immediately provide place. So all I know our people doesn't beleive to ask for their religion rights, scared of what I simply don't understand.

Regards.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Alhamdulilah................ If this poll is still open, I will recommend to all of friends to support this cause............JZK

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Current result:

Yes
p.gif
(60 %) 5344 votes

No
p.gif
(40 %) 3495 votes

mona khan

Voter (50+ posts)
That's right Canadians are very open minded and there are so many high schools and Universities in Canada where already Muslims students offer Friday Prayer.
Current result is now,

Yes 62%
No 38%

niazi

MPA (400+ posts)
Alhamdullilah muslims in canada are not only allowed to pray friday prayer but they have multi faith prayer rooms in schools ,colleges and universities and MashAllah muslim pray regularly.