Remittances Of Oversea's Pakistanis Cross US 10 Billion Mark !!!!

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
According to a latest report the remittances sent home by overseas Pakistani's have now crossed US $ 10 billion for the first time in our Country's history.
A recent report suggests that most of these remittances were spent on consumption(62%)while some(35%) were either invested or saved by immigrant families.
These remittances have not only helped in reducing the current account deficit but also reduced debt burden,improved debt servicing ability and also decreased the need for expensive foreign loans which are sometimes linked to political expediencies.
The government should,therefore,regulate economic policies,specially trade related in order to open up the economy and utilize these funds in a most beneficial way and to have lesser and lesser reliance on expensive foreign loans.
Any suggestions ?

anyie1

pakistanies should stop sending money till the time some credible govt comes in power

anyie1

[MENTION=18262]anyie1[/MENTION]
u mean stop feeding ur kids?
i am not saying to stop feeding your kids, my kids are also there but i send them only for necessities, i am not depositing a whole lot in the bank... this is what i meant.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
i am not saying to stop feeding your kids, my kids are also there but i send them only for necessities, i am not depositing a whole lot in the bank... this is what i meant.
It does not matter if it is zardari, Nawaz Sharif, or anyone else what matters is that we are sending money to our home. I do not consider them to be worth my money but why should the people of the country suffer because of some fools sitting in the government.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
It is because of inflation in Pakistan...

Thanks to Zardari , a new way to collect more foreign exchange.

People needs to send more money ...and more are going abroad too.....

canadian

It is because of inflation in Pakistan...

Thanks to Zardari , a new way to collect more foreign exchange.

People needs to send more money ...and more are going abroad too.....

Yes that's true but because of tough economic conditions in Pakistan people have no choice either.Once somebody gets a chance to go abroad he is able to cater to needs of his entire family who in most cases are dependent on that one person for their livelihood.