Another grenade thrown at MQM office

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Another grenade thrown at MQM office
* Unrest prevails in metropolis as target killings continue
By Atif Raza
KARACHI: Aram Bagh area remained tense after unknown men threw a hand-grenade at a sector office of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) office in Burns Road area here on Sunday.
However, the hand-grenade did not explode. The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) officials rushed to the scene to seize the explosive devise. SHO Shahbaz Shah said that unidentified motorcyclists threw the hand-grenade at the MQM office near Fresco Chowk. The Rangers and police also rushed to the site of incident and recovered the hand-grenade, he added.
BDS official Abdul Rauf told Daily Times that the Russian-made grenade weighed about 250 grammes. Following the attack, workers and supporters of the MQM took to the streets and staged protests against the failure of law and order situation. They burnt tyres on Burns Road and blocked the traffic.
It is pertinent to mention here that late Saturday night, a MQM unit office in Soldier Bazaar area was attacked with a grenade attack and before this incident PPP leader Habib Jans office was also assaulted with a hand-grenade in the remits of Napier Police Station in which five activists of PPP sustained injuries.
The victims of the fresh spate of target killing mostly belonged to MQM and protests against them continued in various localities of the city where hundreds of MQM workers chanted slogans against the frequent target killing of party workers and attacks at the MQM offices.
The Federal B Area and Kharadar localities also remained tense where MQM workers staged protests and burnt tyres, disrupting the traffic. The protesters blocked the road from Liaquatabad to Ayesha Manzil and chanted slogans, demanding the arrest of culprits involved in the murders of party workers.
Unidentified miscreants torched two minibuses at Mosmiat and Safora roundabouts while another vehicle was set ablaze in Mominabad. Due to the deteriorating law and order situation and firing incidents, the citizens preferred to stay home while shopkeepers suffered losses.
It may be noted that the law enforcement agencies have abruptly failed to curb the ongoing target killings and violence in the city that have claimed more than 60 lives within last 10 days.
The newly appointed CCPO Karachi, Saud Mirza had vowed after assuming the charge that crime would be eliminated from the city but these statements remain impotent so far.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2011\03\21\story_21-3-2011_pg7_27

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
One reap what he has sown

I know one Urdu poetry for this situation, please forgive me if I make a mistake in writing.

"Khood apne dam me Siad agia".

Befitting for MQM.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: One reap what he has sown

I know one Urdu poetry for this situation, please forgive me if I make a mistake in writing.

"Khood apne dam me Siad agia".

Befitting for MQM.

محشر میں پاس کیوں دمِ فریاد آ گیا

رحم اس نے کب کیا تھا کہ اب یاد آ گیا

الجھا ہے پاؤں یار کا زلفِ دراز میں
لو آپ اپنے دام میں* صیّاد آ گیا

ناکامیوں میں تم نے جو تشبیہ مجھ سے دی
شیریں کو درد تلخیِ فرہاد آ گیا

ہم چارہ گر کو یوں ہی پہنائیں گے بیڑیاں
قابو میں اپنے گر وہ پری زاد آ گیا

دل کو قلق ہے ترکِ محبت کے بعد بھی
اب آسماں کو شیوہء بے داد آ گیا

وہ بدگماں ہوا جو کبھی شعر میں مرے

ذکرِ بتانِ خلخ و نوشاد آ گیا

تھے بے گناہ جراءتِ پابوس تھی ضرور
کیا کرتے وہم خجلتِ جلاد آ گیا

جب ہوچکا یقیں کہ نہیں طاقتِ وصال
دم میں ہمارے وہ ستم ایجاد آ گیا

ذکرِ شراب و حور کلامِ خدا میں دیکھ
مومن میں کیا کہوں مجھے کیا یاد آ گیا

Last edited:

Young_Blood

Minister (2k+ posts)
ye 2 sotno ke apas ke fight hai, aur in sotno ka husband Karachi hai, koi party sotan kehti hai, iss per mera haq hai, doosri sotan ya party kehti hai mera haq hai,,
Asal main Bhatta khori ke sari fight hai,, pehle bhatta MQM leti thi, ab ppp bhe iss bhatta khori main involve ho gai hai, to MQM se berdaasht nahi ho raha,,
Bhai kuch bhe ho jaey, KHI k halat kabhi nahi sudhar saktay,, ye baat guranteed hai,,

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ye 2 sotno ke apas ke fight hai, aur in sotno ka husband Karachi hai, koi party sotan kehti hai, iss per mera haq hai, doosri sotan ya party kehti hai mera haq hai,,
Asal main Bhatta khori ke sari fight hai,, pehle bhatta MQM leti thi, ab ppp bhe iss bhatta khori main involve ho gai hai, to MQM se berdaasht nahi ho raha,,
Bhai kuch bhe ho jaey, KHI k halat kabhi nahi sudhar saktay,, ye baat guranteed hai,,

Young blood,

correct, I still remembered in one of Kashif's Program on ARY, Hanif said to Faisal Abidi, why is he kicked out of Karachi, and why his entry is banned?
Abidi didn't answer. He has been living in Islamabad for months and can not go to Karachi, he was warned off.

In another program a presenter from Karachi said boldly that A Baloch was collecting Bhatta in Karachi on the instructions and backing of Abidi. No wonder this criminal can not go back to Karachi and issues threats to use the "Jiyalas" against other political leaders and parties.