PM IK's foreign visits and Our Media's Hypocrisy - Why are we silent about it?

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well in my opinion, there is not much a viewer can do to influence major media houses, some of which are huge, multi armed to generate income. Yes we can boycott the ones we don't like but not making much difference? They lose some and they gain some. The only impact a boycott would have is on the shows, to alter their ratings, on the basis of which the shows are renewed or cancelled. But then again, we will be punishing the stars of the show and not the network.
The other major tool , beside boycott, to punish or reward a network,, is advertising, a big chunk of which comes from the government.the second from private corporations. Many western governments now have laws to ensure an equitable distribution of advertising budget among the media, print or electronic. Yes off-course they have ways to play with it but not much. Public sector have their own guide-lines to follow, best rates from highly watched shows.
So in the end, I came to the same conclusion as you did, I don't really know how to chain this Giant!:LOL:

May be trolls? I saw a big impact of trolls on Hamid Mir today ;). The biggest problem is we all need information and information flows through a medium! :(. Once i was stopped in a market by Samaa for my opinion on something. I said: My opinion ain't for free. Put Rs 10,000 on my hand if you want one! First he gave me a surprised look but then i said: you are going to get ads out of my time. What am i going to get out of this? 1 minute of fame on TV? Sorry.. I don't act for free. And.... he immediately then grabbed the girl next to me who eagerly shared her opinion for free. I tried! But in vain! :cry::cry:

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
May be trolls? I saw a big impact of trolls on Hamid Mir today ;). The biggest problem is we all need information and information flows through a medium! :(. Once i was stopped in a market by Samaa for my opinion on something. I said: My opinion ain't for free. Put Rs 10,000 on my hand if you want one! First he gave me a surprised look but then i said: you are going to get ads out of my time. What am i going to get out of this? 1 minute of fame on TV? Sorry.. I don't act for free. And.... he immediately then grabbed the girl next to me who eagerly shared her opinion for free. I tried! But in vain! :cry::cry:
Well the main thing is that you tried? and should get full marks for that.:LOL: