Off The Record - 8th July 2010 - Mushtaq Minhas , Ansar Abbasi , Talat Hussain

capre786

Minister (2k+ posts)
[flv]http://www.awaz.tv/video_store/OffTheRecord8Jul2010.flv[/flv]

Last edited:

Ajnabi27

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Mushtaq Minhas is being stupid. It seems as if he is sayin' everythin' outta jealousy.

Very true.... Mushtaq Minhas ki Jalan Ansar k saath bilkul numayan hai. Mustaq minhas jesa Chawal banda is program main hona hi nahi chahiyee thaa.. How come some dumb speaks like that infront of millions of people in a live program, I felt Kashif gave support to Mushtaq as well.

masadi1980

MPA (400+ posts)
Very true.... Mushtaq Minhas ki Jalan Ansar k saath bilkul numayan hai. Mustaq minhas jesa Chawal banda is program main hona hi nahi chahiyee thaa.. How come some dumb speaks like that infront of millions of people in a live program, I felt Kashif gave support to Mushtaq as well.

100% agreed, he is big stupid and having no manners he couldnt even let Ansar to finish his talk. I appreciate Ansar's patience otherwise he should walkout. Mushtaq portrray himself as foolish. He is jamshed dasti or abid sher ali in Jurnalism, munh phatt. Bad tempered.

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
Strangest thing for me is that all of you commented on Minhas viz a viz his attitude, no one actually said anything about his point of view which was backed by Talat Hussain. Not sure why Talat's opinion has been ignored as well.

I have huge respect for Abbasi sb but why on earth someone has the right to name me, you, politicians or x.y.z. on Media in their absence but cannot point towards the Mafia within the Media or why there has not been any noticeable contribution from anyone against the tax issues of Jang or Ary?

Bhai, I assure you, in Pakistan, responsibility does not come naturally to people or institutes. That is why, personally speaking, I am in strong favour of checks and balances for everyone, including Media and Judiciary. I think Media and everyone should have utilized the best opportunity that they had during 18th amendment, to pressurize the political parties to make a system of over-sight for all the important and key appointments, instead of criticizing Judicial Comission and going to court to revoke it.

Last edited:

HiddenDesire

Strangest thing for me is that all of you commented on Minhas viz a viz his attitude, no one actually said anything about his point of view which was backed by Talat Hussain. Not sure why Talat's opinion has been ignored as well.

I have huge respect for Abbasi sb but why on earth someone has the right to name me, you, politicians or x.y.z. on Media in their absence but cannot point towards the Mafia within the Media or why there has not been any noticeable contribution from anyone against the tax issues of Jang or Ary?

Bhai, I assure you, in Pakistan, responsibility does not come naturally to people or institutes. That is why, personally speaking, I am in strong favour of checks and balances for everyone, including Media and Judiciary. I think Media and everyone should have utilized the best opportunity that they had during 18th amendment, to pressurize the political parties to make a system of over-sight for all the important and key appointments, instead of criticizing Judicial Comission and going to court to revoke it.

Ansari Abbasi satisfactorily tackled their objections. Ansar replied Talat's observations that Editors of newspapers have been writing their views in their personal capacities in past as well. So it is not as strange and surprising as Talat was tryna portrayin'. Initialy Talat said there is no example of this in past, then Ansar counted the names of Editors who have been doing this and no one objected.

Giving doubt of benefit to Kashif, I would say that this was an unintentionally planned effort against Ansar. I am also amazed on why Kashif invited two people Talat and Mushtaq from the same media group or to say from same school of thought.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Ansari Abbasi satisfactorily tackled their objections. Ansar replied Talat's observations that Editors of newspapers have been writing their views in their personal capacities in past as well. So it is not as strange and surprising as Talat was tryna portrayin'. Initialy Talat said there is no example of this in past, then Ansar counted the names of Editors who have been doing this and no one objected.

Giving doubt of benefit to Kashif, I would say that this was an unintentionally planned effort against Ansar. I am also amazed on why Kashif invited two people Talat and Mushtaq from the same media group or to say from same school of thought.

I have to second Raja Bro on this. Ansar Abbasi, we see a lots of him now on TV channels, pretends to be an authority while discussing corruption of politicians and beaureaucracy Laikin Jab Ghar Ki Baat Hoti Hai Tou Gheedhar Ban Jata Hai.

Are we not aware of Jang Group Badmashi. He made billions from paper quota - Newspapers were allowed to bring tax free paper for printing newspapers while commercial import was charged at 65% imort duty so the newspapers used to import ten times their requirement and sell 90 percent of paper in the open market making billions. It was not only Jang but all the groups. Their newspaper business was in loss but they continued as they were making billions every year selling paper. NS tried to put a stop and there was big tussle between Jang and ML and ultimately Jang won and NS had to apologize.

Journalist collude with each other to safeguard interests of media owners but good thing is that is an awareness that they need to flush out the very bad ones like Nazir Naji. I feel Ansar Abbasi is not corrupt but when it comes to his Group owners, his lips are sealed, why? Raja Bro has rightly pointed out that he can say anything in the absence of politicians and others but when it comes to Media group, his lips are sealed because other party is not present. Kya Yeh Khulla Tazzad Nahi!!

HiddenDesire

I have to second Raja Bro on this. Ansar Abbasi, we see a lots of him now on TV channels, pretends to be an authority while discussing corruption of politicians and beaureaucracy Laikin Jab Ghar Ki Baat Hoti Hai Tou Gheedhar Ban Jata Hai.

Are we not aware of Jang Group Badmashi. He made billions from paper quota - Newspapers were allowed to bring tax free paper for printing newspapers while commercial import was charged at 65% imort duty so the newspapers used to import ten times their requirement and sell 90 percent of paper in the open market making billions. It was not only Jang but all the groups. Their newspaper business was in loss but they continued as they were making billions every year selling paper. NS tried to put a stop and there was big tussle between Jang and ML and ultimately Jang won and NS had to apologize.

Journalist collude with each other to safeguard interests of media owners but good thing is that is an awareness that they need to flush out the very bad ones like Nazir Naji. I feel Ansar Abbasi is not corrupt but when it comes to his Group owners, his lips are sealed, why? Raja Bro has rightly pointed out that he can say anything in the absence of politicians and others but when it comes to Media group, his lips are sealed because other party is not present. Kya Yeh Khulla Tazzad Nahi!!

Kia Pak Society ki sari kharabiyun ka theka Ansar Abbasi ne hi lay rakha hai?

Politicians ki corruption b wo dikhaye? Generals ki b wo dikhaye? Public Institutes ki b wo dikhaye? Aur ab aap logon ki DEMAND hai k Journaliston ki b wo dikhaye?

Khoob, bohat khoob. Acha insaaf hai.

Why dont this Mushtaq or Talat or Kashif show Journalists corruption. Why only Ansar take everything on his shoulders?

Ajeeb log hain aap log b

Jitna kaam wo ker raha hai, ussay appreciate kernay ki bajaye, ulta tanqeed kertay hain, aur do more do more kehtay rehtay hain.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Kia Pak Society ki sari kharabiyun ka theka Ansar Abbasi ne hi lay rakha hai?

Politicians ki corruption b wo dikhaye? Generals ki b wo dikhaye? Public Institutes ki b wo dikhaye? Aur ab aap logon ki DEMAND hai k Journaliston ki b wo dikhaye?

Khoob, bohat khoob. Acha insaaf hai.

Why dont this Mushtaq or Talat or Kashif show Journalists corruption. Why only Ansar take everything on his shoulders?

Ajeeb log hain aap log b

Jitna kaam wo ker raha hai, ussay appreciate kernay ki bajaye, ulta tanqeed kertay hain, aur do more do more kehtay rehtay hain.

Thats not the point Bro, point is that he has made his name and deservingly so for exposing the bad elements in our society and hats off to him, he has been pretty sucessful.
We are not saying that he should confront everybody but when he says that there is lots of corruption in Media but then shys away from naming them, that is double standards becasue he does not resist for a second before naming politicians and other bad apples.

He is an upright and respected jounalists but his performance in this program was below par.
Probably time for him to come out of Jang and do his own specialized paper / magazine, he will surely be successful as there is going to be a lot of material during and after Zardari Govt.

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
@ Hidden Desires

You have the right to cite your opinion and I respect that. But I do not agree with it at all. Your comments give an impression that perhaps this effort was to discredit Abbasi sb. The corruption of Jang group is entirely a different matter than the credibility of Abbasi sb. I at least do not have any confusion about this. Moveover, I see it as a matter of principle that is acknolwedged by MAJORITY of the journalists and some ''outliars'' in Jang Group are negating it and I expect Abbasi sb to stand with the principle, not with his Group.

Abbasi sb is always on the front foot on all other talk shows. He always has a lot to talk about and is coming up with one example after other. No one ever could interrupt him in any other program. This was an exception and for me the reason is simiple, as he is on the wrong side on this issue.

One should not forget that all of these people are in the main stream media for ages now. They know the inner secrets that is why you could see that almost everyone had a unanimous point of view. I assure you the same stand would have been taken by other neutral and leading journalists like Nasim Zehra, Dr. Pirzada etc.

Jang people would say that our cases are pending in the courts. We do not accept this excuse from all the political parties, or Dasti sb but we let Media get away with it. I guess it was also a Jang group top gun who actually made a statement indicating their role in the selection of future PM or President after 07 elections. (sorry, if I am wrong).

Perhaps, the expectations from someone like Abbasi sb are too high and therefore if he does not meet them, his supporters like me are somewhat disappoined.

HiddenDesire

@ Hidden Desires

You have the right to cite your opinion and I respect that. But I do not agree with it at all. Your comments give an impression that perhaps this effort was to discredit Abbasi sb. The corruption of Jang group is entirely a different matter than the credibility of Abbasi sb. I at least do not have any confusion about this. Moveover, I see it as a matter of principle that is acknolwedged by MAJORITY of the journalists and some ''outliars'' in Jang Group are negating it and I expect Abbasi sb to stand with the principle, not with his Group.

Abbasi sb is always on the front foot on all other talk shows. He always has a lot to talk about and is coming up with one example after other. No one ever could interrupt him in any other program. This was an exception and for me the reason is simiple, as he is on the wrong side on this issue.

One should not forget that all of these people are in the main stream media for ages now. They know the inner secrets that is why you could see that almost everyone had a unanimous point of view. I assure you the same stand would have been taken by other neutral and leading journalists like Nasim Zehra, Dr. Pirzada etc.

Jang people would say that our cases are pending in the courts. We do not accept this excuse from all the political parties, or Dasti sb but we let Media get away with it. I guess it was also a Jang group top gun who actually made a statement indicating their role in the selection of future PM or President after 07 elections. (sorry, if I am wrong).

Perhaps, the expectations from someone like Abbasi sb are too high and therefore if he does not meet them, his supporters like me are somewhat disappoined.

I really doubt it that Jang Group can do Corruption in the presence of such hostile Govt. like Mush n PPP. Except the case of Tax and Paper quota there are no controversies about Jang Group. Remember that Anti-Jang Group govts. have done their best to discredit this Media Group but they have come up with no success.

Just to inform you, I also have objections on Editors writing point of views on main pages like Shaheen Sehbai does. Actually i think that Shaheen Sehbai's most analysis are rubbish.

But mere bhai, we are not living in Utopia neither people from Jang Group are Utopians. They do make mistakes but their service for Nation is far more and far greater.

Just to discuss, lemme quote here how media in developed countries take up issues and pursue them. A leading woman politician in Denmark who is the leader of the biggest political party is facing the music in the media that her husband is working in Switzerland and pays tax there. whole of last week a media group in Denmark took that issue and ridiculed her. Now just imagine that her husband, who is son of former leader of British labour party, is working legally in Switzerland and paying all applicable taxes there but Danish nation dont want this. They want that their opposition leader's husband should pay tax in Denmark. Finally Helle said sorry and from this year onward her husband will pay tax both in Switzerland and Denmark. And you know how much is tax amount? Just 15000 Karon a month.
I am gonna quote here some questions that she answered in an interview about this tax issue last week.

Interviewer: How are your relations to your husband?
Helle: Very good
Interviewer: How many weekends in an year you guys spend together?
Helle: 31
Interviewer: how come is it possible that you spend so many weekends together cause He lives in Switzerland and its not possible to come here on so many weekends?
Helle: No, many times we (Helle and kids) go to him so it becomes like 31 weekends.

Mere bhai, imagine how media mercilessly treat their top politicians. Can you ask these type of questions to your leaders? Helle was also criticized heavily for sending her kids in d private school and not in govt school.

Now see in Pakistan, which media group except Jang Group is doing true journalism. I tell you, no one.