Get a degree of university X while studying in university Y. This can only happen in Pakistan army

M_Adnan.L

Councller (250+ posts)
Few years back I was studying at IBA Karachi which is regarded as one of the finest business institute of Pakistan. One day during discussion was one of our professors we were told that our director is resisting its accreditation to business students of NUST Karachi campus. NUST Karachi campus was run under the control of Pakistan navy and students that were doing BBA there were navy cadets. NAVY wanted its BBA students of NUST to be awarded IBA degrees. They were doing this for many years but the then director of IBA refused to continue this further. He was of the view that IBA students are selected after tough selection criteria which NUST students (the cadets) lacks. Further NUST it self is a degree awarding institute. Why do they want IBA degree? At that time NUST was a good institute but was not in any of international rankings as it is now

We the students were shocked that on one side we come after a long selection procedure to IBA and on other hand our armed forces want those degrees for free. This was even more astonishing when NUST itself is a degree awarding institute. At last our director succeeded. Now NUST gives its own degrees to its students. One more reason is because now NUST is among the best university in Pakistan and our armed forces always want the best what so ever it takes. That’s why they are now awarding NUST degrees to IBA students. Meetha meetha hip koora koora tho

When I searched further I came to know that this was happening in Pakistan military academy as well. Pakistan military academy was awarding Peshawar university degrees to its cadets where as Peshawar university rules for accreditation were not followed. The biggest example is being an affiliated institute of Peshawar university they have to give exams under Peshawar University but military academy gives its own question papers to its cadets and award them Peshawar university degrees. Now after getting ISO certification army is now awarding its own degree to its cadets. Meetha meetha hip koora koora tho.

The above stories tells us just one thing: army follows no rules when it comes to their interests

I will also tell you people some other time that how separate examination rules are implemented for our armed forces in different universities so that they dont fail

Last edited:

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
yar
you studied in IBA and could not understand that
study centre can be different from geographical location of the university itself.

PMA etc act as studycentres for cadets over there...

whats wrong in it......

your post really tells me the BRILLIANT SELECTION OF IBA students....(clap)

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)
PMA was awarding PUNJAB UNIVERSITY BA/BSC degree to cadets aswell but there was some problem because of its location and rules,thats why they got affiliation with PU ,ab PUNJAB UNI / PESHAWAR UNI me army ka course nahin perhaya jata .. unka apna tareeka hai ..... yeah ager NUST se education complete ker k degree IBA ki mangain then its wrong .. but bhai its ARMED FORCES .. kya bigaar lega koi ,,, jahez me laai thi pak army yeh mulk .. :):)

alpha

MPA (400+ posts)
Brother you need to study more about this, I was never expecting such a thing from a IBA graduate...I wonder the standard of IBA has really gone low...

This is happening all over the world.. Any one doing a course in Royal Army (UK) Course in Swindon, they get the degree of "Crownwell University".. All these institution are always affiliated with the universities..

Few years back I was studying at IBA Karachi which is regarded as one of the finest business institute of Pakistan. One day during discussion was one of our professors we were told that our director is resisting its accreditation to business students of NUST Karachi campus. NUST Karachi campus was run under the control of Pakistan navy and students that were doing BBA there were navy cadets. NAVY wanted its BBA students of NUST to be awarded IBA degrees. They were doing this for many years but the then director of IBA refused to continue this further. He was of the view that IBA students are selected after tough selection criteria which NUST students (the cadets) lacks. Further NUST it self is a degree awarding institute. Why do they want IBA degree? At that time NUST was a good institute but was not in any of international rankings as it is now

We the students were shocked that on one side we come after a long selection procedure to IBA and on other hand our armed forces want those degrees for free. This was even more astonishing when NUST itself is a degree awarding institute. At last our director succeeded. Now NUST gives its own degrees to its students. One more reason is because now NUST is among the best university in Pakistan and our armed forces always want the best what so ever it takes. That’s why they are now awarding NUST degrees to IBA students. Meetha meetha hip koora koora tho

When I searched further I came to know that this was happening in Pakistan military academy as well. Pakistan military academy was awarding Peshawar university degrees to its cadets where as Peshawar university rules for accreditation were not followed. The biggest example is being an affiliated institute of Peshawar university they have to give exams under Peshawar University but military academy gives its own question papers to its cadets and award them Peshawar university degrees. Now after getting ISO certification army is now awarding its own degree to its cadets. Meetha meetha hip koora koora tho.

The above stories tells us just one thing: army follows no rules when it comes to their interests

I will also tell you people some other time that how separate examination rules are implemented for our armed forces in different universities so that they dont fail

crowbar

Senator (1k+ posts)
In PMA cadets are given the same paper of BSc / BA which used to be printed by Peshawar university.PMA exam used to be more tough then in any center anywhere in the country. The same students/officers when would appear in CSS exam , all of them would qualify and for that reason the army took action since they couldnot afford loosing so many officers and put a ban on officers appearing directly in CSS exam. Now either they have to apply for appearing in that exam where army would ensure that his joining CSS cadre would not have any affect on army efficiency/organisation.Army used to have 2% quota in civil services where in 99.99% cases BETA , BETI, BHANJA ,BHATIJA of GENERALS would join the creme of civil services DMG GROUP,CUSTOMS, FOREIGN SERVICE.
Mirza Aslam Beg's BHANJA being from LAHORE was inducted in to the civil service on TRIBAL quota voilating the terms and conditions laid down for induction in civil services .EK TRIBAL STUDENT KE MON SE NIWALA CHIN KER GENERAL ASLAM BEG NE APNEY BHANJEY KI MON MEIN DAL DIYA and this userper used to be our CHEIF OF ARMY STAFF.