"Facebook" Javaid Chjaudhry's Column on facebook boycott.... Best Column, must read....

waqarawan

Citizen
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jatala
Well, I think, we should have courage to listen, read and evaluate the veiws, beliefs and thoughts of people from the opposite side. This will help us know what other people think about us. Eventually we will know that in this world we are not living alone and obviously we will know that there are people who have different beleifs and there are people who do not like us due to certain reasons. Moreover, we will also know that there soceities, cultures and countries which are functioning better than our system. This knowledge will enable us to broaden our mind, thinking and eventually we will aspire to change for better.......For me interaction with different people especially those who do not share the same values is very important for our development (as an individual and society). Boycotting something is very irrational response and it amounts to cagging yourself from external influences which is sign of weakness.

By Waqar Awan

Everyone has a right to think whatever he want to think but when his thinking and doing is aimed at my feelings then I have equal right to answer him with whatever I feel is correct. This is how it works. They are free to abuse my prophet (PBUH) but I am not free to have a fair debate on Hitler’s personality or holocaust. They make it a crime. I would again insist that we do not really need face book to know what people think about us. There are hundreds of forums for this. There are people who cannot leave drugs not because drugs are good but because they are addicted to them same is here with those who cannot leave Face book but coming up with strange logics that they are communicating. One should be honest. When I was using face book all 200 people in my list were sharing videos, music, pictures and a lot of stupid kind of chit chat which was not really changing anything around us. This is true for most of us may be with the exception of a few.
Mr.Musharraf started thinking he has become a great leader because of this Face book. What is strange if Mr.Javed Chaudry tries to find his popularity by face book the same way? I can understand that how interaction with diverse people on the streets or work place where people of different linguistics races and religion can be good for an individual’s development where you can show them what you are by your words and deeds Whereas at Face book it is just talk time and mostly Useless talk. If leaving face book as a forum is caging myself then I disagree here. I go to various other forums where the people are much more enlightened then at face book and know how to talk reasonably. Weak are those who cannot leave a forum for any reason which is insisting on ridiculing and abusing their most beloved Prophet (PBUH). Thanks for reading.

H

hmaliks

کی محمّدpbuh سے وفا تو نے ہم تیرے ہیں
یہ فیس بک چیز ہے کیا

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Let's invite mr. Javed ch. To this thread. And I hope he may understand his mistake about FB. Secondly everyone want quickest way to get big name and These days FB is a big tool for this.

Like Musharaf has formed the party they he got more than 300,000.00 fans (according to Musharaf)..............LOL. A person may have duplicate, triplicate or even more accounts to make fool people like Musharaf. Zardari may also form a page and may announce a fan club of more 500,000.00...........LOL

Night Devil

Councller (250+ posts)

jawaid chohdary sahab ko or ap tamam logo ko mein ye batana chaunga k jawaid sahab ney jis alternate Islamic social network ki bat ki hey it is now invented and name is "www.youthbuk.com" ... ap tamam forum members and visitors sey request hey k ap ek bar es site ko visit kijiye it same as facebook....
second ye k janab koi bhi facebook per agr anti-islam page banaye to administration allow karti hey Qk ye policy part hey SPEECH WITH FREEDOM... lakin agr kisi yahoodi ya christens religion k against koi page banaya jay woh page admin k taraf sey delete kar dia jata hey or admin lo taraf sey mail kar di jati hey page maker ko k AP DUSREY RELIGION FOLLOWERS K JAZBAAT MAJROOH KAR HEY ES LIYE AP KA PAGE DELETE KAR DIA GIA HEY like case of HITTLER'S PAGE which was made by one of karachi user... i have that facebook administration mail.. agar ap mein sey koi woh mail dekhna chahy to kindly mujhy apna mail address sent kijiye.. i will send you a copy of that mail... my ID is [email protected]..

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is the worst column... unfortunately.... came out of his pen...

The categorical reply to this column.... is as follows...this reply was emailed to him... though I am posting the parts of it...

Though my words will probably not have much effect on you because you have already decided to "defend" your action, but I want to fulfill my duty. Campaigning for about six months against facebook I have seen two type of people.... one who close their account without asking further questions... and others who come with all sorts of excuses and analogies... Unfortunately yours were not any newer....Though I would like to answer... May be aap kay dil main uter jae mairi baat...

Any way...

Talking about Sir Syed Ahmed Khan's approach... There is not doubt that it was him who made an effort and showed us the light to learn English, which was a good thing... we will always remain indebted to him... but if you see... today the president of Islamic republic of Pakistan makes his speeches in English, how many of the 180 million people could understand that?? English is just a language... a tool.. can be used rightly or wrongly... We learned English and at the same time... lost Arabic and Persian... as a result we have lost our links with the glorious past we had... we lost the possession of the treasures of Rumi, Hafiz, Iqbal and above all... Quran e Kareem... Why because we blew the importance of English out of proportion... in the same way you are blowing the importance of facebook out of proportion.... Today people like me, who realize what we've lost, need dictionaries to understand pearls like the following couplet of Iqbal...

چوں بنام مصطفی ّ خوانم درود
از خجالت آب می گردد وجود

Isn't this hypocrisy.... (addition )We have exchanged diamonds and pearls against stone... and we dont even realize... what a shame...

وائے ناكامی متاع كارواں جا تا رہا
كارواں كے دل سے احساس زیاں جاتا رہا ْ(/addition)

Now I will defend the boycott.... by using the glorious Quran...
“He has already revealed to you in the Book that, when you hear the signs of Allah being denied and mocked at, sit not with them until they engage in a talk other than that; for in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allah will assemble the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell, all together” (4: 141)

So it clearly tells us to stay away from the places where signs of Allah SWT are being mocked...what about His beloved Prophet S.A.W?

Now about the facebook... Can you please try making one anti-Semitic page and see how many "minutes" it will take to be removed?? The page was reported thousands of times... and facebook administration became a party and did not remove it... WHY? One policy for Muslims and other for jews?? A few days later.. another page was put up "Lets burn Quran" and not removed... after a few days there would be something else... because people would refuse to leave the forum... as it is too difficult to loose their connection with the world... it is difficult because we have already lost our connection with Allah SWT and His beloved Prophet SAW...

By the way we v been sitting in the UN for 62 years... Tell me one benefit we got from sitting there... its all the same at a higher level... socializing and interacting... and getting nothing out of it...

Now Leaving google, internet... Internet is just cyberspace.. a virtual world... not an entity "owned" by anyone.... just like our physical world.... and google is just a search engine... it finds pages for you with your desired content... the analogy cant be given to facebook.. which is "controlled and managed" by some group of people....

Now Most of your questions had been answered...and Sir.. There has been an alternate website established... millatfacebook.com .. The sitع tells us that there are 392661 members... Will you now have the courage to make a page there and leave your facebook account...

I think I already know the answer...:)

I rest my case here...

Last edited:

omerkuwait

Councller (250+ posts)
jawaid chohdary sahab ko or ap tamam logo ko mein ye batana chaunga k jawaid sahab ney jis alternate Islamic social network ki bat ki hey it is now invented and name is "www.youthbuk.com" ... ap tamam forum members and visitors sey request hey k ap ek bar es site ko visit kijiye it same as facebook....
second ye k janab koi bhi facebook per agr anti-islam page banaye to administration allow karti hey Qk ye policy part hey SPEECH WITH FREEDOM... lakin agr kisi yahoodi ya christens religion k against koi page banaya jay woh page admin k taraf sey delete kar dia jata hey or admin lo taraf sey mail kar di jati hey page maker ko k AP DUSREY RELIGION FOLLOWERS K JAZBAAT MAJROOH KAR HEY ES LIYE AP KA PAGE DELETE KAR DIA GIA HEY like case of HITTLER'S PAGE which was made by one of karachi user... i have that facebook administration mail.. agar ap mein sey koi woh mail dekhna chahy to kindly mujhy apna mail address sent kijiye.. i will send you a copy of that mail... my ID is [email protected]..

brother mayra tou yeh samjna hai k iss kism k pangay mai aur competition kernay ka faida kia jo hum iss kism ki koe aur WEB banaye?
my dear hamay sub say pehlay apny DEEN ko aur phir technology ko develop kerna hai.yeh facebook cheez hee kia hai ?jo loog iss k hath dhoo ker peechay peay huway hain. just IGNORE facebook.