2 brothers marrying 2 sisters (from different family)

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
AoA,

I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience of this?
What peoples view are?
In this situation one sister is already happily married to one brother (but they were not related before they got married)
I would like to ask that what are people's opinion about this in our Pakistani culture and family system.
Is it good or we should avoid the situation.

JazakAllah

Azad

Councller (250+ posts)
I think u should watch or u may read drama
"tauba tun nasuh"
written by depti nazir ahmad

MileStone

MPA (400+ posts)
yaar koi novel par ke dimag na kharab karlaeen. it is absolutely Halal .

I know brother it is Halaal, but in our culture and family system sometimes it even creates problem for the first couple who have been living happily. People like to stuff nose in everyone's business and as closer the family relationship, more and more people are there to poke their nose into both the couple's affair, and if one couple is having issues, subsequently it also affects the life of other couple.

I know someone whose younger brother got married to his Saali and since then he is having issues with his wife, when before they were living very happily.

One of my friend's family wants his younger brother to get married with his Saali. He is not comfortable with this but his parents are forcing him to do that beucase his Saali is US citizen, so that his brother comes to US.

I just wanted to ask this because I would like to get opinions from more people who may had this experience or heard someone who had experience, before I give any advise to my friend.

Last edited:

FaisalKh

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I know someone whose younger brother got married to his Saali and since then he is having issues with his wife, when before they were living very happily.

One of my friend's family wants his younger brother to get married with his Saali. He is not comfortable with this but his parents are forcing him to do that beucase his Saali is US citizen, so that his brother comes to US.

I just wanted to ask this because I would like to get opinions from more people who may had this experience or heard someone who had experience, before I give any advise to my friend.

U are asking for opinion on very unreliable issue. In some cases it works very well and in some it is totally opposite. I have seen couples, 2 sisters married to 2 brothers and they live very happily. But i have also seen couples with same situation who's life is miserable. The bottom line is it all depends mostly on husband and wife, their compatibility, tolerance and character. In my honest opinion, A simple rule for happy life is "How u would like to be treated when u commit a mistake? if ur answer is u should be forgiven then u should also behave to others when they commit mistake" (this works not only for husband and wife but for everyone). Regarding ur question, My assumption is that, if two brothers marry two sisters then there would be less chances of fight as mostly happens in two bahoos from different families... (i might be wrong:))