قرآن زبانی یاد (حفظ) کرنے پر زور کیوں۔۔؟

Diabetes

MPA (400+ posts)
Two examples of my near ones ......
The topper of Army medical college with 17 gold medals a few yrs ago was a Hafiz e Quran and now an interventional cardiologist in NY ......
Another underwater sonar wave PHD (Norway) is not only a Hafiz e Quran but also leads taraweeh prayers in a remote village mosque of Trondheim .....
Both are Hafiz e Quran from Pakistan......
When you question not the mullah but Hifz , you reek of propaganda ...... failed propaganda......
You are talking about outliers. See how many Hafiz e Quran are in top brass? Where is the majority of them? Imam in masjid or in clinics etc.

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ask any Hafiz the meaning or the spirit of the Holy Quran and he will be blank about it. Instead of learning the holy Quran by heart without understanding it, stress should be on learning the spirit of the Quran vis a vis it's teachings about humanity and mentally and morally clean living. In early days it was necessary to learn by heart as there were no or little written scriptures, and knowing by heart was important, but now the internet can spell out the whole Quran paak along with translation and explanation in minutes, on the mobile phone. The stress should be on learning the true spirit of the Holy book particularly to become good human beings.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Ask any Hafiz the meaning or the spirit of the Holy Quran and he will be blank about it. Instead of learning the holy Quran by heart without understanding it, stress should be on learning the spirit of the Quran vis a vis it's teachings about humanity and mentally and morally clean living. In early days it was necessary to learn by heart as there were no or little written scriptures, and knowing by heart was important, but now the internet can spell out the whole Quran paak along with translation and explanation in minutes, on the mobile phone. The stress should be on learning the true spirit of the Holy book particularly to become good human beings.

Lubnakhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
There is definitely some problem related to madrasas!! I am a mother and I have gotten feedback of my friends whose kids are memorizing Quran , one thing is certain, children should not be living in madrasa day and night ! I am talking about young children! Some kids have higher memorizing capabilities, they are suitable for doing so, as Arabs were/ are people of sharp memory. This pedophilia that has become abundant in our society is not because of madrasa, it’s because of absence of any kind of check!! It’s also because parents are less willing to focus on parenting! In high end schools this practice is also going on ! But in madrasa kids are severely unsafe .

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sonya Khan said:
The topper of Army medical college with 17 gold medals a few yrs ago was a Hafiz e Quran and now an interventional cardiologist in NY ......
Another underwater sonar wave PHD (Norway) is not only a Hafiz e Quran but also leads taraweeh prayers in a remote village mosque of Trondheim .....
When you question not the mullah but Hifz , you reek of propaganda ...... failed propaganda......

Exceptions don't make the rule, like 'one swallow does not a summer make'. How many examples can you find like the example you have quoted. Maybe none other or at best another few odd cases.. The vast majority of Huffaz consider doing hifz in a madrassa as their ultimate achievement of life and their profession, and only wait for Ramzan to lead Taraveeh prayers. They can better serve Islam if they spend that time gaining the practical knowledge of the spirit of Islam with respect to humanity and the contemporary world.. Like that, they will not need to preach through loud speakers, as their everyday lives will become living sermons.

Shan ALi AK 27

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
کچھ دن پہلے وہاڑی کے ایک مدرسے میں مولوی نے آٹھ سالہ بچے کو سبق یاد نہ کرنے پر مار مار کر موت کے گھاٹ اتار دیا۔ (نیچے تفصیل کیلئے ویڈیو لگا رہا ہوں)۔ یہ پہلا واقعہ نہیں ہے، پاکستان میں ایسے واقعات آئے روز ہوتے رہتے ہیں اور مدارس میں جنسی زیادتی کے واقعات تو ان گنت ہیں۔ اور بیشتر واقعات تو رپورٹ ہی نہیں ہوتے۔ پاکستان کے مدارس میں لاکھوں بچے قرآن حفظ کرنے کیلئے زیر تعلیم ہیں جن کا قیام مدارس میں ہی ہوتا ہے اور وہ رات بھی وہیں مدرسے میں رہتے ہیں، مہینے بعد یا پندرہ دنوں بعد یہ بچے اپنے گھر جاتے ہیں اور کئی بچے تو اس سے بھی زیادہ دورانیے کے بعد گھر جاتے ہیں یا پھر ان کے والدین کبھی کبھار مدرسے میں آکر اپنے بچے سے مل جاتے ہیں اور وہ بچہ کلی طور پر مدرسے میں مولوی کے رحم و کرم پر ہوتا ہے۔ یہ مولوی حضرات ان بچوں کو بیدردی سے مارتے ہیں، ان کو رات کو جنسی زیادتی کا نشانہ بناتے ہیں اور وہ بچہ نہ صرف جسمانی بلکہ ذہنی تشدد کا بھی مسلسل نشانہ بنتا رہتا ہے۔ جو بچہ بچپن میں جسمانی یا جنسی تشدد کا نشانہ بنتا رہے وہ کبھی بھی ایک نارمل زندگی نہیں گزار سکتا۔

پاکستان میں بچوں کو قرآن حفظ کرانے کا رجحان آج بھی بہت زیادہ ہے۔ اسلام کے اولین دور میں قرآن حفظ کرنے کی تو منطق سمجھ آتی ہے کہ اس وقت تحریر کو زیادہ عرصے تک محفوظ کرنے کے کوئی خاص ذرائع نہ تھے، مگر آج جبکہ ہمارے پاس ڈیٹا کو محفوظ کرنے کے بیشمار ذرائع ہیں، نہ صرف تحریر، بلکہ تصویر، اور آواز کو بھی آسانی سے محفوظ رکھا جاسکتاہے تو اس بات کی کوئی لاجک سمجھ نہیں آتی کہ کیوں ہمارے سماج نے بچوں کو ایک غیر ضروری مشقت میں ڈال رکھا ہے۔ آپ اپنے سمارٹ فون میں جتنے چاہیں قرآن رکھ سکتے ہیں اور جس وقت چاہیں انہیں کھول کر پڑھ سکتے ہیں، آڈیو اور ویڈیو صورت میں بھی قرآن کو ہر وقت اپنی جیب میں لئے پھرسکتے ہیں، پھر زبانی یاد کرنے پر زور کیوں۔۔؟ انسان کے بچپن کے ابتدائی سال اس کے سیکھنے کیلئے انتہائی اہم ہوتے ہیں، اس عمر میں انسان کا ذہن صاف سلیٹ کی طرح ہوتا ہے اور وہ ہر قسم کے علوم و فنون سیکھنے کیلئے زرخیز ہوتا ہے، مگر ہم بچے کی عمر کا یہ اہم ترین وقت اس کو مار مار کر اتنی بڑی کتاب زبانی یاد کرنے میں برباد کردیتے ہیں۔ بیشتر بچے قرآن حفظ کربھی لیں تو بڑے ہوکر کام دھندے میں پڑ کر وہ یاد نہیں رکھ پاتے اور بھول جاتے ہیں۔ لیکن ان کی عمر کا وہ حصہ تو انہیں لوٹایا جاسکتا جو اس کے جاہل والدین نے مولوی کے کہنے پر ضائع کردیا۔

یہ بات بھی قابلِ ذکر ہے کہ آپ اپنے بچے کو زبانی قرآن رٹوا کر دورِ جدید میں کونسے شعبے کیلئے اسے تیار کرتے ہیں؟ کیا کوئی شعبہ ہے جس میں اس بچے کی یہ کاوش کسی کام آسکے؟ سوائے ایک شعبے کے کہ اس کو مولوی بنا کر کسی مسجد میں بٹھا دیا جائے اور وہ حسرت سے آتے جاتے لوگوں کی جیبوں کو تکتا رہے کہ کوئی سو پچاس دے اور اس کے گھر کا گزارا چلے۔ عملاً بھیک مانگنے کے سوا اس کے پاس اور کوئی آپشن نہیں ہوتا ، وہ پوری طرح معاشرے پر بوجھ ہوتا ہے۔ یہ جتنے بچے بھی مدارس میں قرآن حفظ کرنے کیلئے ڈالے ہوتے ہیں یہ اول روز سے معاشرے پر بوجھ ہوتے ہیں کیونکہ ان کی روزی روٹی شروع دن سے قوم کے چندوں، خیراتوں اور زکاتوں پر چلتی ہے اور جب یہ بڑے ہوجاتے ہیں تو خود کچھ بھی کرنے کے قابل نہیں ہوتے، کسی بھی شعبے میں کام نہیں کرسکتے، نتیجتاً یہ پوری زندگی بھیک مانگتے رہتے ہیں اور اپنا یہ پیشہ آگے اپنی اولاد کو بھی ٹرانسفر کردیتے ہیں۔ قرآن حفظ کرنے کی اس روایت سے معاشرے کا ایک بڑا طبقہ نہ صرف ناکارہ بنا دیا جاتا ہے بلکہ معاشرے کے اس طبقے پر بوجھ بنادیا جاتا ہے جو خود کچھ کرکے کماتے ہیں۔۔

Total nonsense. If there was IQ in negative you would have great number.
ha ha ha where is data saved? Google drive. ????

Shan ALi AK 27

کیمسٹری میں پی ایچ ڈی بھی کرلیں تو کہیں بھی کوئی کتاب نہیں رٹنی پڑتی۔۔ میں تو پوری بھاری بھرکم کتاب طوطے کی طرح رٹنے کی لاجک جاننا چاہتا ہوں۔۔۔
لاجک یہ ہے کے تو جاہل ہے بس یہی لاجک کافی ہے تجھے سمجھ نہیں آے گی
اور نہ کسی کو اس سے فرق پڑتا ہے

Shan ALi AK 27

Purpose of memorizing Quran is not only to preserve it.
There are tons of blessing of memorizing Quran religious and Scientific
but Idiots never read a book so they talk nonsense.

Last edited:

Diabetes

MPA (400+ posts)
Quran is scientific, that’s why all scientists came from Madrassah and all scientists are Hafiz e Quran.

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sonya Khan said:

Exceptions don't make the rule, like 'one swallow does not a summer make'. How many examples can you find like the example you have quoted. Maybe none other or at best another few odd cases.. The vast majority of Huffaz consider doing hifz in a madrassa as their ultimate achievement of life and their profession, and only wait for Ramzan to lead Taraveeh prayers. They can better serve Islam if they spend that time gaining the practical knowledge of the spirit of Islam with respect to humanity and the contemporary world.. Like that, they will not need to preach through loud speakers, as their everyday lives will become living sermons.
I think you are living in last century...... My family doesn’t send their children to madrasahs for hifz .... It’s done at home and at local mosques ..... All continuing and shining in their worldly education as well ....
Alhamdolillah each gen of our family has many Huffaaz as it has many rewards in Akhirah ..... As Muslims we strive to have our reward in Akhirah ..... If someone doesn’t believe in it then no need doing discussion with those guys ....
P.S .....Let me give another example of exception ..... The Hafizah reciting Holy Quran in last Obama muslim congregation was also from my family ...... :)

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
And while on topic ...... There is a huge university being constructed near D 12 Islamabad just for huffaz e Quran .......

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think you are living in last century...... My family doesn’t send their children to madrasahs for hifz .... It’s done at home and at local mosques ..... All continuing and shining in their worldly education as well ....
Alhamdolillah each gen of our family has many Huffaaz as it has many rewards in Akhirah ..... As Muslims we strive to have our reward in Akhirah ..... If someone doesn’t believe in it then no need doing discussion with those guys ....
P.S .....Let me give another example of exception ..... The Hafizah reciting Holy Quran in last Obama muslim congregation was also from my family ...... :)
Good. You have a talented family and good wishes for them. but again, exceptions don't prove the rule. Please don't quote isolated cases. Reciting in Obama inauguration seems a big achievement to you. To me being an honest and true human being in practical life is more important. To you your priority, to me mine. Only Allah Almighty knows what He likes better.

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Good. You have a talented family and good wishes for them. but again, exceptions don't prove the rule. Please don't quote isolated cases. Reciting in Obama inauguration seems a big achievement to you. To me being an honest and true human being in practical life is more important. To you your priority, to me mine. Only Allah Almighty knows what He likes better.
It’s not your priority or mine ...... We are subservient to Allah SWT .... .... For us muslims whatever Holy Quran and Sunnah teaches us is the priority......
In Islam Huffaaz are regarded as shining stars on earth ...... Being honest or true human being is the virtue of Islam .... Hafiz or not everyone considering himself muslim should strive for it ..... And nowhere it’s written that while making yourself an honest human being you can’t be a Hafiz .....

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
It’s not your priority or mine ...... We are subservient to Allah SWT .... .... For us muslims whatever Holy Quran and Sunnah teaches us is the priority......
In Islam Huffaaz are regarded as shining stars on earth ...... Being honest or true human being is the virtue of Islam .... Hafiz or not everyone considering himself muslim should strive for it ..... And nowhere it’s written that while making yourself an honest human being you can’t be a Hafiz .....
With all due respect, I reiterate that it is in the matter of priorities that we have gone wrong. Never said being Hafiz is not good (Naoozu Billah). Infact it is a blessing, but being a good human being takes priority over merely being a Hafiz. If a person is both, then 'sonay pe suhaga'. In your post you have proudly mentioned that your relative recited the Holy Quran on Obama's inauguration. In the holy Quran it is mentioned that the Jews and Christians cannot be your friends, and here we are taking pride in reciting the Holy Quran in a Christian's inaugural ceremony. We have to break past dichotomies and understand the true spirit of Islam which puts humanity before extra rituals.

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
With all due respect, I reiterate that it is in the matter of priorities that we have gone wrong. Never said being Hafiz is not good (Naoozu Billah). Infact it is a blessing, but being a good human being takes priority over merely being a Hafiz. If a person is both, then 'sonay pe suhaga'. In your post you have proudly mentioned that your relative recited the Holy Quran on Obama's inauguration. In the holy Quran it is mentioned that the Jews and Christians cannot be your friends, and here we are taking pride in reciting the Holy Quran in a Christian's inaugural ceremony. We have to break past dichotomies and understand the true spirit of Islam which puts humanity before extra rituals.
I think you underestimated my pride in a hafizah ..... My pride is that she was able to recite Holy Quran in White House , a place traditionally associated with Christianity ..... and my pride is that she is able to influence countless others to follow suit ..... We did break dichotomies and that’s why I gave you examples with pride of my family excelling in both the modern education and Islamic education too ......
We can only become good human beings when we become good Muslims ...... And to be a good Muslim we have to love and respect whatever islam says ..... So ..... Hifz is distinction like no other in Islam .... a grade above ....