Why dams – Why are they Lying

Salman Mughal

Minister (2k+ posts)
Kahin yeh idea tumhe President arif Alv ya Governor Sindh Imran Ismail ki baat se toh yaad nahi aaya? as kuch days pehle innn dono mei se kissi ne yeh shosha chora tha?

Itna he demaaag chalta hai agar toh Nooorron ki government ke time per Ghaday ke qeema khanay mei masroof thay?

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Yar is chawal Rajarawal@ ko choro..apni handi roti ke lia sab karna parta ha..India se le Kar China har mulk dams par dams bna rehay hain..wahan bhi sea ha..hamalias.. glaciers hain..Dams Pani reserve karay ga.sasti bijli.jis se industry ki cost Kam ho gi..banjar zameenain Abad ho gi kiyo ke barish ur dariyo se natural koi Pani nahi hota..phir sath hi mein billions trees project... global warming ke Pakistan m asraat Kam karay ga...ye duno dams hi nahi..sath hi sath..hazaro chotey chotey hydro projects .lagay jayain.. villages ki base par..Benazair se le Kar Nawaz ko power plants laganay par..D chouk m phansi di Jaya..ur in ki sari home abroad properties zabat ki Jaya Jo Jo ministers power plants mein kick back leta raha..us ko 5 sal ke Lia Pakistani sarko par bheek mangwae Jaya dams funds ke Lia..ur CJ ko foran looti howi money.. mulk m ho ya Bahir.sab dams fund m jamah karwani chahay.CJ should be ruthless on money laundering and corruption money in abroad....

Will_Bite

The only way out for scarcity of water is the desalination of the sea water. Extensive research is being done in finding the cheaper methods of desalination. Various methods have been developed, one which is very promising is the called as AQUAVUS (using ultrasonic resonance technique).

A dam will take 10 years plus to complete, while desalination plants will take no more than 3 years to build.
Why are dams preferred compared to desalination? A very short and simple answer is water flow. Water flowing from northern Pakistan due to gravity will cross the length of Pakistan and help everyone along the way without being asked to.
1. It will provide water flow for power generation.
2. It will provide drinking water.
3. It will provide irrigation water.

Desalinated water on the other hand can only be procured from the coastal cities, and its not feasible for anyone other than those living in the coastal cities. or nearby.
1. Transporting desalinated water to Thar or nothern Sindh will require constantly operating mega motors. Where does the power come from?
2. Using this water for irrigation is meaningless. Its just not gonna be enough.
3. It cannot produce electricity.

Water sustains life. By using large reservoirs, we can also reinstate a lot of the currently non-arable land.

But I think the bottom-line problem is that this is a long term project.....directed at our future generations. This is the basic difference between PTI and PMLN. PTI has focused on long term projects.....something that worked for them in KPK. PMLN has always focused on short term, visible stuff, which worked for them so long as PTI wasnt in the picture. Now people in Punjab also seem to have accepted that short term projects dont give them the kind of dividends they are promised.

Modest

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Paid patwario ka job he yahi hai rozana thread banana aur Maryam Al Qatari ki advertisement karna. Aray begharato kuch Halal ki kamai bhi kar lo, kya saari zindagi choro k ghulam rahogay

alicekim

Senator (1k+ posts)
You loose the effective strength of your post by using words like Monkey for CJP. Most members don't even read your post completely when they see such words for such high esteem cservants of Pakistan. You & I will probably never become CEO let alone the CJP of a country. So why you're using such language?

Second we do need Kalabagh dam, but think IK started with this Diamir dam to free up CJP time and to tell him silently that he should tackle corruption cases first.

RajaRawal111

Why are dams preferred compared to desalination? A very short and simple answer is water flow. Water flowing from northern Pakistan due to gravity will cross the length of Pakistan and help everyone along the way without being asked to.
1. It will provide water flow for power generation.
2. It will provide drinking water.
3. It will provide irrigation water.

Desalinated water on the other hand can only be procured from the coastal cities, and its not feasible for anyone other than those living in the coastal cities. or nearby.
1. Transporting desalinated water to Thar or nothern Sindh will require constantly operating mega motors. Where does the power come from?
2. Using this water for irrigation is meaningless. Its just not gonna be enough.
3. It cannot produce electricity.

Water sustains life. By using large reservoirs, we can also reinstate a lot of the currently non-arable land.

But I think the bottom-line problem is that this is a long term project.....directed at our future generations. This is the basic difference between PTI and PMLN. PTI has focused on long term projects.....something that worked for them in KPK. PMLN has always focused on short term, visible stuff, which worked for them so long as PTI wasnt in the picture. Now people in Punjab also seem to have accepted that short term projects dont give them the kind of dividends they are promised.
I never said deselenated water will be used for irrigation. I never said prefer it over dams. I have mentioned same reasons for dams which you pointed. Please read again. Don't understand where your That higher level of understanding go.

All I said we need dams for much much bigger cause than what your IK and monkey CJ is saying. They are just scarring the nation over nothing. They are constantly yapping about scarcity of water which will never happen unless whole oceans are evaporated. Than of course you will not need anything.

Politically1981

MPA (400+ posts)
Regulating the water can be one of the benefits of building a dam. Here in the UK which is an island, they cherge homes for water usage and urge people to save water.

I was watching Muhammad Malic program yesterday on 92 news. I suggest everyone should watch it including the thread starter. It is very informative and explains the challenges ahead.

I wanted to ask a question out of my nativity. You are talking about using seawater. Are you trying to say transporting water from Karachi to Kashmir to gilgit to swat to south Waziristan to Lahore? Leave the cost of desalination and factor in the cost of transportation, building of infrastructure, building of reservoirs in each area to store that water, maintenance of that infrastructure (let’s say we do it through pipelines), the running cost, maintenance of roads (if we transport water through tankers). And this is only a drinking water. Water required for irrigation is another story.

Would you care to enlighten the idiot insafians like myself since you mentioned in your post that you have been talking to one sensible insafian who happens to agree with your point of view.

Will_Bite

I never said deselenated water will be used for irrigation. I never said prefer it over dams. I have mentioned same reasons for dams which you pointed. Please read again. Don't understand where your That higher level of understanding go.

All I said we need dams for much much bigger cause than what your IK and monkey CJ is saying. They are just scarring the nation over nothing. They are constantly yapping about scarcity of water which will never happen unless whole oceans are evaporated. Than of course you will not need anything.
Scarcity of water doesnt mean water is going to disappear. Of course its Chemistry 101. There is a finite amount of water in the world, which will never reduce or increase. It keeps on recycling. Scarcity of water means less sweet water, and more salty water.

Water in the ocean is meaningless for the farmer in rural areas of Punjab. Its meaningless for the thirsty folks in Thar or elsewhere. You cant flush your toilets with salt water. Understand the difference. This is one of the few issues which shouldnt be politicized, as its a part of national security.

jeelu

Minister (2k+ posts)
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-impacts-of-relying-on-desalination/

Here is why we cant just ignore building dams and put all bets on desalination. It is a last resort not a solution for water crisis..
And u mentioned that we need water just for cultivation?
We need water for many other reasons mainly drinking and if you are implying that there is no shortage? Ask the people of karachi .. if desalination is really that beneficial why did mr nawaz shareef announce and build a few desalination plants for karachi rather than metros and roads?

Ok i get it that you want to oppose imran khan and his goverment and you hate chief justice ok there are other issues you can do opposition on but please stop being unreasonable on key issues of pakistan that were ignored by previous goverments

NCP123

Minister (2k+ posts)
All non-readers-abusers are requested that in above article I have not written anything against building the dam. I have written the actual reason why we are in dire need of the dams.

If you don’t have reasonable things to share. Please leave this thread alone for constructive discussion.
tu hey koun bhai ???? Dam zaroorat nahi.....tujhey pata hey Dam key Faidey keya hein ????? Pehley "DAM" ka matlab samjh lou......pher itni lambii taqreer likhlenaaa..........ye article sirf aur sirf FRUSTRATION mein likha geya hey. Bhai Pakistani bun ker souch...kisi ka agent bun ker nahi...pata hey tu mulk se baher bethaaa hey....lekin Pakistani bun......agent nahi.....

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
The only way out for scarcity of water is the desalination of the sea water. Extensive research is being done in finding the cheaper methods of desalination. Various methods have been developed, one which is very promising is the called as AQUAVUS (using ultrasonic resonance technique).

Uncle, desalination plant is already in the pipeline for Karachi
Gwadar also working on desalination plant

crankthskunk

یار بغلول تیرے جیسوں سے میں نے پہلے ہی ریکویسٹ کی تھی کہ اس تھریڈ سے باہر ہی رہنا پلیز
تم لوگوں نے پڑھے بغیر میرا نام دیکھ کر ہی بولنا ہوتا ہے

پڑھ لو ذرا --- میں نے ڈیم نہ بنانے کا بلکل نہیں کہا

I read only first few paragraphs of your crap, that was enough for me. Who wants to read idiotic posts from a crook who is still supporting the thieves who have stolen trillions of rupees from Pakistan!
Your first few paragraphs are the one I have responded. idiot that every western and civilised country uses the fresh rain water to preserve and supply to its population for drinking and other usage after filtration. That's why the water is drinkable from the tap in the UK.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
the dam was supposed to start in 2011
Gillani as PM made foundation stone and since then nothing happened

this dam will generate 4800 MW and store 10,000,000,000 m3 of water
once this dam can be made, it will bring big relief to nation for water, future irrigation and electricity

i just hope it doesn't end like nandipur project though

Eyeaan

All non-readers-abusers are requested that in above article I have not written anything against building the dam. I have written the actual reason why we are in dire need of the dams. If you don’t have reasonable things to share. Please leave this thread alone for constructive discussion.
What is your basic question or concern? Are are asking about the feasibility/need of desalination plants in Karachi? Are you asking about urban water supplies in general and its connection to the proposed reservoir?
Let this partisan discussion die down, then a day or two I'll happy to get into any aspect of Indus Basin or reservoirs or urban water supplies. It would require a few page long answer to understand the connection of the reservoir to the basin's water resources system but only if you are interested.
As far as the feasibility of a desalination plant at a specific city is concerned, in the end, that's a local managerial and economics issue; however the urban water supplies (located right at the water-bodies or far far away) throughout the basin are connected to an added reservoir upstream in the basin. To grasp that we'll need to understand a bit of a managed water system and the hydrology of Indus Basin.

Aslan

Dams are a very good idea.They can be used to store huge amount of water and also generate electricity.Pakistan needs water reservoirs too.It is not very expensive to create aritificial lakes and reservoirs.In UK rain water is collected in reservoirs and used for drinking after is purified and filtered.Desalination plants are very expensive to build and run.Also the water is not as good as natural rain water.If it was that simple than there would have been no shortage of wateer in any country since 70% of earths surface is covered by oceans.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Itni lambi cassette ki sirf is liye ke dil ki bahards CJ per aur apna bhugz e imran nikaal sakho. Waise apnay style ka ek thread kol dete, itni lambi fazool bore aur bunyaad film chalane ke liye kya zururat thi bhai ?

But my Nakis Raaey is that IK did this to free up the monkey CJ and encourage him to do the job he is supposed to do.

Haan bhai tumharay ganjay loharao ko bund mein tun ke diya huwa hai to aab tum ko moneky he lagay ga.

Also IK needs immediate dollars inflow to fight depletion of foreign reserves not the depletion of water reserves.

Puttar G aap ka sirf masla yeh raha hai aap ka jord kabhi saachay aur imandaar aadmi se nahi raha. You have no clue how much Pakistanis trust Imran khan. You live in your pind and stuck in there like a khu da maindak. Ever since since he came into power overseas Pakistanis have been itching with chequebooks in hand for the call to be given, any call as long for any reason so long as they can contribute towards Naya Pakistan. And a dam fund is has this brilliant two fold advantage of collecting money for the dam aswell as increasing forex reserves.

And ever thought why the country needs dollars so badly? And of course you will find fault in asking Pakistanis to help Pakistan, you would rather go and lick as some ass and get more and then stuff them into your own pockets as has been the SOP of your ganja masters.

You will never see the dam from this money until at least 10 years.

Please do not confuse your corrupt criminal ganja lohars with Imran Khan. If he can't do it, no one can.

RealPeople

Minister (2k+ posts)

Oye Chawaingar ki aulad. Who cares about your ideas when you can't even spell normal words. A proper baboon you are