UK bans Dr Zakir Naik, SHAME ON UK, where's freedom of expression??

sshahid

Siasat.pk - Blogger
I am totally support the decision of UK govt. Support of terrorism in shape is harram. He is saying if Alqaida is fighting against America. If this is terrorism I am supporting it. He creating hatrated in a society. I want to completely banned all those people who are supporting terrorism in any form.

you are supporting terrorism as well, and you should be banned too.

",...in any shape"

masadi1980

MPA (400+ posts)
I am totally support the decision of UK govt. Support of terrorism in shape is harram. He is saying if Alqaida is fighting against America. If this is terrorism I am supporting it. He creating hatrated in a society. I want to completely banned all those people who are supporting terrorism in any form.

Baby u r thinkin wrong way, Dr. Naik has always clear cut stance against terrorism. Everybuddy has right to dissert from anyone's opinion. Christian countries as well as India itself wanted to gag Dr. Naik since long long time, so UK did first and India would do same later.

MEVET

Citizen
In my view zakir naik is a joker with some distorted views about islam.......he only know verse no this chapter no this...no real arguments only verse no and chapter no...this is very good decision by uk government this type of people should not be allowed in uk......

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
we are the winners LOL Just received this email from our local mosque. Dr Naik is coming to Edmonton July 10th. Just FYI - unless Canada follows UK suit and bans him

" Assalam-o-Alaikum,
This is with great honor to invite you in one of the most educational program that the City of Edmonton is hosting. This would be an historical moment for the Muslim Community of Edmonton. Dr Zakir Niak the prince and legend of today's Muslim world is coming on July 10th to our beautiful City.
Dr. Zakir has knowledge in different religions and his analytical approach really impressed many Priests, Gurus and Bishops. Dr. Zakir does not need any further introduction; indeed his dedicated work is admirable www.peacetv.in
Thank you to the brothers and sisters whom facilitate his trip to Edmonton-BarakAllah
This is a family event; please bring your family and attend the Conference on July 10 at Expo Centre and bring your non-Muslim friends or coworkers it will be an enlightening experience. Doors will open at 3:30pm.
For more information please see the attachment:
Tickets will be sold at all local Mosque's in Edmonton" (clap)(clap)

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Statement by Dr Zakir Naik - Exclusion order by the British Government

Following on from recent malicious and specious reports in the British media about my work, a press release was issued dated 11th June 2010. Further to this I am disappointed to learn the British Government has decided to exclude me from coming to the United Kingdom to conduct a Peace Conference Tour between 25th-27th June 2010. Despite this I intend to continue my work of interfaith dialogue; Coming together upon common terms with other people and faith groups to promote a greater understanding of the binding strands existing between the faiths, whilst dispelling fears, suspicions and misconceptions about the beautiful faith of Islam, that have been created by a media frenzy of Islamophobia. I encourage all Muslims to serve their country with dignity and honour and my message to vulnerable young British Muslims is that terrorism and violent extremism, is totally unacceptable and has no place in Islamic life. I would urge the British Government to permit the Peace Conference Tour to continue as scheduled and assist in the promotion of Peace and social harmony, whilst upholding the values of freedom and justice.

Dr Zakir Naik - 17th June 2010

Farooq Khan

MPA (400+ posts)
Muslim all over the world can see the REAL FACE OF THE WEST they are simply playing their game with 3rd world and Muslims world DIVIDE AND RULE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME unfortunately leadership in the 3rd world and in all Muslim Country is deeply corrupt everage citizen with no rights where are we going people listen to Dr Zakir because he speaks the truth and this is biggest danger for the west healthy debate is always good instead banning someone like Dr. Zakir is not fair he is a PEACEFUL PERSON do you know why President Chavez of Venzevela and Irans President Ahmed dine nejad are not like by the west very simple they do not fit in to their Game Plan.

Last edited:

gazoomartian

Baby u r thinkin wrong way, Dr. Naik has always clear cut stance against terrorism. Everybuddy has right to dissert from anyone's opinion. Christian countries as well as India itself wanted to gag Dr. Naik since long long time, so UK did first and India would do same later.

BABY?? :lol: that's a good one. You seem pretty young yerself
I liked your post tho (bigsmile)

aziz101

Freedom of expression is not applicable to muslims
Here is what happenned:
Dr.Zakir's youtube video's were edited and posted on youtube out of context
New Govt. wants to win public opinion by making such anti islam decisions

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)
we are the winners LOL Just received this email from our local mosque. Dr Naik is coming to Edmonton July 10th. Just FYI - unless Canada follows UK suit and bans him

" Assalam-o-Alaikum,
This is with great honor to invite you in one of the most educational program that the City of Edmonton is hosting. This would be an historical moment for the Muslim Community of Edmonton. Dr Zakir Niak the prince and legend of today's Muslim world is coming on July 10th to our beautiful City.
Dr. Zakir has knowledge in different religions and his analytical approach really impressed many Priests, Gurus and Bishops. Dr. Zakir does not need any further introduction; indeed his dedicated work is admirable www.peacetv.in
Thank you to the brothers and sisters whom facilitate his trip to Edmonton-BarakAllah
This is a family event; please bring your family and attend the Conference on July 10 at Expo Centre and bring your non-Muslim friends or coworkers it will be an enlightening experience. Doors will open at 3:30pm.
For more information please see the attachment:
Tickets will be sold at all local Mosque's in Edmonton" (clap)(clap)

He is also coming to Metro Toronto Convention Center at a conference "Journey of Faith" which will be held 2-4 July. Many other renowned scholars will also attend the conference.
For details, please see http://www.peaceconference.in/index.htm

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Assalam-o-alaikum
Bons bhai you are right, my brother told me yesterday same thing that he is coming to toronto also.
Do send the videos to us on youtube, we cant go there :-(
Jaza-k-ALLAH for sharing..

Zaidi Qasim

While he certainly has a lot of information, he also has a lot of misinformation.

I watched a few of his lectures, but found that some of the information he used was wrong. And not just a little wrong, but very wrong. So, I'm not saying he said it was on page 394 and it was page 393, but he made scientific claims that were totally false (said they were proven, weren't), gave totally false statistics, and on top of misinformation, he misconstrued what the information means.

If he presented information that I knew was wrong or could easily confirm was wrong, how much else in his lectures is wrong?

Personally I wouldn't bother attending one of his lectures and I'm surprised so many Muslims still listen to him. If you don't feel that your truth is good enough to justify your beliefs, such that you have to lie to make your points, then you should go back and study, because the truth of Islam is stronger than any lies humans can make up.
Source(s):
Example of his messing with the truth: he was discussing polygyny. He said that there were astronomical numbers more women than men worldwide. There are slightly more women than men worldwide. The reason there are more is that women live longer than men. He asked who would marry those "extra" women, and why should they be without husbands? Those "extra" women have already been married, for the most part, and buried their husbands, and are now enjoying their last years with their friends and families, and the LAST thing they want is a new husband.

It was wrong to make up false statistics, and then to twist them to mean something more than they do. The real reasons for allowing polygyny are sufficient: false information and twisted reasoning are not necessary.

There is another thread needed to assess his informtion or disinformation or his twisting the truth to accomodate his point of view. I am sure this is not the reason that he was banned from visiting the Uk. You may like his line of reasoning or completely reject it, it is entirely up to you. But like any other person of interest, he should be given a chance like other religious leaders are given a chance to address the people who like to listen to him.

Zaidi Qasim

In my view zakir naik is a joker with some distorted views about islam.......he only know verse no this chapter no this...no real arguments only verse no and chapter no...this is very good decision by uk government this type of people should not be allowed in uk......

What kind of people you like UK to allow, the former dictators ,their stooges who are kicked out of their countries, the army generals, corrupt politicians who are seeking assylum ?????

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Public Letter to UK and support Dr.Zakir Naik Allah give us the Jaza e Khair

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]As salaamu-alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu [FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]
May you be reading this in the best of your health and Imaan, Ameen.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif] You will be aware of malicious reports in some parts of the press regarding Dr Zakir Naik and his proposed participation at the Peace Conference 2010 events Wembley, Sheffield Arena and NEC Arena.

These were initiated by an article in the Sunday Times on 30th May 2010 in which Dr Zakir Naik was selectively quoted from his speeches at previous conferences. The quotes were given without the relevant context or were completely untrue.

As a result Dr Zakir Naiks visa to visit the UK has been revoked and we understand that matters are being considered for a legal challenge in the High Court.

To strengthen our case your help is required. Please send a letter of protest to both the Prime Minister and the Home Secretary template letters are attached for you to use if required where you can simple fill-in your name and address details and sign the letter.

Time is of the essence and my personal request to you is to dispatch the letters (by post instead of using emails) as soon as possible to support this case for social justice and freedom.

Inshallah, with your help we hope will be able to secure Dr Zakir Naiks attendance and participation at these events.Masha allahMasha allahMasha allahMasha allah
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

famamdani

Minister (2k+ posts)
[FONT=&quot]The Home Secretary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Right Honourable Theresa May MP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tel: 020 7219 5206[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tel: 020 7035 4848[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fax: 020 7219 1145[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18th June 2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Home Secretary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Re: Dr Zakir Naik - Exclusion Order[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am writing to inform you that I believe your decision to exclude Dr Zakir Naik, the eminent Islamic Scholar from India, from entering the United Kingdom to conduct a series of lectures as part of a Peace Conference, is extremely disappointing. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your decision goes against the values we hold dearly in our country of freedom and social justice and does nothing to promote integration and harmony between the diverse peoples of this land. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the contrary this decision is likely to alienate the very people we seek to promote our values to. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Home Secretary, I would urge you to re-consider your decision in the name of freedom and social justice and withdraw this exclusion order immediately. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you in anticipation of re-considering your decision. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yours sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your name [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your address[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Ammar isb

Councller (250+ posts)
The ban on Zakir Naik is absolutely justified , for crying of loud please do not bring freedom of speech over here. Zakir Naik openly supported the Taliban by giving in statements which were dubious ,

so if the Taliban are terrorizing the Americans the biggest terrorist then I am all for it!

I dont know if the Taliban are good or bad I only know what the media tells me

I think every sane person knows what purpose of Taliban is and anyone who covertly or overtly supports Taliban must not be allowed to preach Islam.

Politics Maestro

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
dr-zakir.jpg

After getting banned from entering the UK, Dr Zakir Naik has decided to challenge the the ban in Britain’s courts.

While giving an interview to Headlines Today, Dr Naik said that Islam is spreading fast in the western world including UK and USA, and the respective governments are well aware of the fact.

Dr Naik said that according to the statistics, Peace TV is the most popular Islamic channel while he is the speaker who gets the maximum number of viewers throughout the world. By banning his entry, the UK government wants to curb the spread of Islam, he added.

He said that the decision is more on political grounds rather legal as the UK government is aware of his speeches and that he is against any form of violence. The speeches were taken out of context and presented to the media as an evidence of promoting terrorism, he added.

Dr Naik, a 44-year-old Muslim scholar, was due to give a series of lectures in London and northern England but new Home Secretary Theresa May decided to bar him.

His decision came after he was banned from entering the UK on the charges of making “inflammatory comments and unacceptable behaviour.”
http://tribune.com.pk/story/22773/dr-zakir-naik-to-challenge-ban-in-uk-court/

mrcritic

Minister (2k+ posts)
SPOT ON!

"The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people,
But because of the silence of good people!"

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Salam
I got this email from IRF..
Aslaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathahu,

We would like people from all over the world to support Dr. Zakir Naik on the unjustified BAN given by U.K. government.

Please follow the website for more details, and to know more on how to support Dr. Zakir Naik.

http://www.zakirnaikexclusion.com

With Best Regards

WaSalaam

IRF Web Team.