Reporter starts speaking gibberish on air

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
CBS News correspondent Serene Williams suffered an apparent on-air stroke on Sunday as she frantically slurred her words during a broadcast at the Grammy Awards, according to a
video and news article from Business Insider.
Branson, a two-time Emmy nominee, started off her piece with a smile on her face, but her expression quickly turned to one of fear as the right side of her face began to slightly droop as she spouted incomprehensible words and tried to turn the air over to a news anchor at her CBS affiliate’s station.
The symptoms were caught on live TV and soon began to spread virally throughout the Web. Rumors of Branson being inebriated spread like wildfire as dozens of websites, radio stations and television outlets posted the video and audio as a supposed humorous spectacle.
“When I saw the Facebook post, I knew immediately that she was having a stroke,” said Ashley Kurz, a viewer of Cleveland’s FOX affiliate, WJW.
The Cleveland station posted the video both on its website and Facebook page with the caption, “Reporter not making sense on live TV: She said WHAT???!!! No really, what did she say? Bertation?”
“This isn’t funny,” said Kurz, who has vivid memories of her great-grandmother’s stoke in 2004 . “This is a medical emergency. I find it to be disgusting that they would exploit it like this.”
WJW FOX 8 blocked Kurz from posting on their Facebook page after she made several requests that the station remove the video out of respect for Branson and her loved ones.
WJW removed the original Facebook posting, which linked the station’s fans to the video. However, the video remained on the station’s website as of Monday at noon.
Comments on Business Insider’s story reflected a tone of moral disgust, although several people noted that they thought the video was educational because it taught them to recognize the sometimes difficult-to-identify symptoms of a stroke.
One commenter stated, “I’ve never seen the signs of a stroke and, unlike your critics, I think this was very informative.”