MUSHRAFF MOST POPULAR LEADER ON FACEBOOK

ehsanali

MPA (400+ posts)
Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pervez Musharraf most popular Pakistani leader on Facebook

* Zardari follows with Nawaz on third spot
* Bloggers believe key reason for ex-presidents popularity is his liberal ideology

By Afnan Khan

LAHORE: The face of Pakistani leadership may be entirely different now compared to a few years back but the Facebook fan club of former president General (r) Pervez Musharraf with over 100,000 fans shows that the former president still rules the roost, at least in the cyberworld, beating President Asif Ali Zardaris page, which has over 86,000 fans.
However, no other leader is even close to Musharraf and Zardari on the most popular social networking website in the world, as two-time prime minister Nawaz Sharif languishes in third place with merely 6,000 fans.

A large number of Pakistanis using the Internet and taking interest in political issues and the future of the country is being seen as a good omen. Although the majority of the people are still deprived of the luxury of using the Internet or even getting an education to participate in online political forums, blogs, groups, discussions and communities. The people believe that such interactive groups not only provide them an opportunity to share their views and get political knowledge but also provide the leadership of the country an opportunity to directly see what the people think about them and what their expectations from their leaders are.

Reasons: Musharrafs Facebook group consists of members of all ages although majority of the fans comprise the youth. Expert bloggers believe that the key reasons for the former military dictators popularity on the web are his liberal thoughts and his stance on extremism.

A large number of fans of President Zardaris page are also from the youth but they either discuss the ongoing problems in the country or make fun of the government. Only a few of them appreciate the leadership for its services.

Some of Musharrafs fans also criticise his policies on his Facebook page while some pessimists are of the view that Musharraf, Zardari, the Sharif brothers and other famous politicians are all alike.

It was noticed from the comments on the page that some young fans of Musharraf were keen to see him back in power and had expressed this desire in different ways.

The page also features a brief note from Musharraf on how he felt about leading the country and some of his activities these days.

The message reads, Ive had the good fortune and privilege to lead my country and serve the people of Pakistan for almost nine years. Since my retirement as president of Pakistan in August 2008, I have been keeping myself busy with a series of lectures worldwide. Ive found this to be a stimulating experience as I get an opportunity to share my thoughts with audiences of different nationalities and diverse backgrounds.

Meanwhile, member of Nawaz Sharifs group mainly discuss issues the country is facing, including the National Reconciliation Ordinance, from an opposition partys perspective. It also provides personal information about Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leaders and Nawazs contributions in the development of the political system of the country.

Criterion: An expert blogger and danka.com director Foad Nizam told Daily Times that though websites like Facebook provided people an opportunity to interact with each other and a chance to freely express themselves, they were by no means a criterion to judge somebodys popularity or credibility. He said a fan club was only used as a marketing tool by some people while some joined these groups just for fun. He said the real picture of a situation could only be seen through serious discussion forums and blogs on the Internet where experts commented on various issues in a more intellectual way.

ehsanali

MPA (400+ posts)
ehsanali said:
Daily Times
Correction Zardari has only 900 fans on facebook
Daily Times

Home | RSS | Archives | Company Financials | Contact Us | Saturday, January 23, 2010

Main News
National
Islamabad
Karachi
Lahore
Foreign
Editorial
Business
Real Estate
Sport
Infotainment
Advertise

Sunday Magazine

External Links
Upperhost.com
Best Web Hosting
Remove Security Tool
Jobs in Pakistan

Google
Web DailyTimes

Saturday, January 23, 2010 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Share this story! del.icio.us digg Reddit Furl Fark TailRank Ma.gnolia NewsVine Simpy Spurl

* Zardari follows with Nawaz on third spot
* Bloggers believe key reason for ex-presidents popularity is his liberal ideology

By Afnan Khan

LAHORE: The face of Pakistani leadership may be entirely different now compared to a few years back but the Facebook fan club of former president General (r) Pervez Musharraf with over 100,000 fans shows that the former president still rules the roost, at least in the cyberworld, beating President Asif Ali Zardaris page, which has over 86,000 fans.

However, no other leader is even close to Musharraf and Zardari on the most popular social networking website in the world, as two-time prime minister Nawaz Sharif languishes in third place with merely 6,000 fans.

A large number of Pakistanis using the Internet and taking interest in political issues and the future of the country is being seen as a good omen. Although the majority of the people are still deprived of the luxury of using the Internet or even getting an education to participate in online political forums, blogs, groups, discussions and communities. The people believe that such interactive groups not only provide them an opportunity to share their views and get political knowledge but also provide the leadership of the country an opportunity to directly see what the people think about them and what their expectations from their leaders are.

Reasons: Musharrafs Facebook group consists of members of all ages although majority of the fans comprise the youth. Expert bloggers believe that the key reasons for the former military dictators popularity on the web are his liberal thoughts and his stance on extremism.

A large number of fans of President Zardaris page are also from the youth but they either discuss the ongoing problems in the country or make fun of the government. Only a few of them appreciate the leadership for its services.

Some of Musharrafs fans also criticise his policies on his Facebook page while some pessimists are of the view that Musharraf, Zardari, the Sharif brothers and other famous politicians are all alike.

It was noticed from the comments on the page that some young fans of Musharraf were keen to see him back in power and had expressed this desire in different ways.

The page also features a brief note from Musharraf on how he felt about leading the country and some of his activities these days.

The message reads, Ive had the good fortune and privilege to lead my country and serve the people of Pakistan for almost nine years. Since my retirement as president of Pakistan in August 2008, I have been keeping myself busy with a series of lectures worldwide. Ive found this to be a stimulating experience as I get an opportunity to share my thoughts with audiences of different nationalities and diverse backgrounds.

Meanwhile, member of Nawaz Sharifs group mainly discuss issues the country is facing, including the National Reconciliation Ordinance, from an opposition partys perspective. It also provides personal information about Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leaders and Nawazs contributions in the development of the political system of the country.

Criterion: An expert blogger and danka.com director Foad Nizam told Daily Times that though websites like Facebook provided people an opportunity to interact with each other and a chance to freely express themselves, they were by no means a criterion to judge somebodys popularity or credibility. He said a fan club was only used as a marketing tool by some people while some joined these groups just for fun. He said the real picture of a situation could only be seen through serious discussion forums and blogs on the Internet where experts commented on various issues in a more intellectual way.

Home | National

Share this story! del.icio.us digg Reddit Furl Fark TailRank Ma.gnolia NewsVine Simpy Spurl

Security forces kill 15 Taliban in North Waziristan
India issues terrorism alert over hijack threat
Pakistan needs to act against Taliban, LT: British envoy
India summons Pak envoy over border, LoC fire
Govt stumped over Blackwater debate in Senate
Ministers, bureaucrats show lack of interest in NA session
LHC CJ rejects plea to transfer Lakhvis case to Lahore
Philippines probes reported death of militant in drone strike
Govt never denied Blackwaters presence: Kaira
VK Singh poised to take over as Indian COAS
President offers Namaz-e-Istasqa
One killed as IHK police open fire at protesters
NA briefed on merger allowances of former princely states
NATO far from goal of competent Afghan police: Miliband
Karzai bans fertiliser used in bombs
Govt should review economic policies: Ahsan Iqbal
Over 1,000 minors languishing in countrys jails, Senate told
Zardari is always welcome in Punjab, says Shahbaz
UAE has backed Pakistan through thick and thin, says Malik
LHC tells EPA to submit list of mobile towers
Information ministry tasked with improving governments image
Leghari sees no difference between Zardari and Nawaz
PM orders implementation of SC verdict on NRO
SC verdict on NRO, presidents immunity separate issues: experts
Highway Dept restrained from demolishing building
LHC CJ directs Gujrat DPO to produce abducted girl on 25th
FIA traces nine terrorists involved in attack on Musharraf
PML-N urges nation to boycott Indian movies, channels
International trauma course organised in Pakistan
Saudi ambassador calls on COAS
Islamabad-Jakarta sister city agreement to be reactivated
Ghulam Rasuls paintings apt reply to those destroying our culture
Ancient civilisations brought to life at GCU

Daily Times - All Rights Reserved
Site developed and hosted by WorldCALL Internet Solutions
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;\01\23\story_23-1-2010_pg7_28

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
When Jury signs 40,000 times, he will off course be the most popular

A

abbasiali

My friend you simply waste your time,

Don't you know that Facebook gives only one option, and that is to become fan only, so no matter, if you need to appreciate him or curse him, you need to click on become fan.

As far as my knowledge is concerned 95000 have click to curse him and abuse him, unfortunately all had to click on become fan, and they did, because without doing that they couldn't do what they would like to do, so 95000 are actually cursing this absconding commander.

Hope this would clarify to you, what will happen to him when he will go back.

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)
This is a fact coz you can check it on facebook while fake surveys like gallop do in pakistan on sponsorship of nawaz sharif doesnt have any worth and as u can see the person who claims that 170 million pakistanis are with him only hav 6 thousand fans while zaradari hav more than 86 thousand so nawaz sharif is worse than zardari in this case cant believe that LMAO [hilar] [hilar] [hilar]

A

abbasiali

itsnotme90 said:
abbasiali said:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=2209664635

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=23389748215

Go & check this link you dont hav to be fan to see his page and read people comments on his wall which you think is a curse and there are several profiles of musharraf on facebook so you can see them all
[hilar]
Thats the tragedy, you people play with, do you think Musharaf and his team will leave curse on him on his page, so innocent of you.
I hate to click this button, cuz I can't even think to press this button, even to write him his real and ugly face.
keep it up, but you can't fool around, reality is there with his real and ugly face.

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
I hate to click this button, cuz I can't even think to press this button, even to write him his real and ugly face.
keep it up, but you can't fool around, reality is there with his real and ugly face.

You are not clicking on link to accept reality and closing your eyes from reality and saying reality is there with his real and ugly face click on the link and see the reality and show me some reality as well in your cooments with some proper proof

karachi

MPA (400+ posts)
abbasiali said:

Don't you know that Facebook gives only one option, and that is to become fan only, so no matter, if you need to appreciate him or curse him, you need to click on become fan.

As far as my knowledge is concerned 95000 have click to curse him and abuse him, unfortunately all had to click on become fan, and they did, because without doing that they couldn't do what they would like to do, so 95000 are actually cursing this absconding commander.

well Abbasi bhai if that so, then it also applies on all the political parties of pakistan facebook pages self created or by the fan/group
i think after ur statemnet, now my opponents would not post the facebook fan numbers of PTI or Imran khan

karachi

MPA (400+ posts)
abbasiali said:
[hilar]
Thats the tragedy, you people play with, do you think Musharaf and his team will leave curse on him on his page, so innocent of you.

i m not going in dirty politics tactics
you people play politics with Benazir/Nawaz/Musharaf/ARD first Boycotting election & now demanding Midterm election Thats the tragedy
but i politely can say that
Khisyani BILLI Khamba Nochee

(note: I think now the opponents would post the pic of Altaf/MQM/Musharraf & their idiotic answer)

GeoG

karachi said:
abbasiali said:

well Abbasi bhai if that so, then it also applies on all the political parties of pakistan self created or by the fan/group
i think after ur statemnet, now my opponents would not post the facebook fan numbers of PTI or Imran khan

Aeina for you.
Today at 9:20 GMT
Altaf Hussain 1084
Imran Khan 39104

If this is your standard of measuring leadership, Altaf Hussain will take 10 years to catch up Imran Khan if no one joins his fan club but you know the reality, in one year time he will have gone 100 years ahead of [altaf]

GeoG

karachi said:
abbasiali said:

well Abbasi bhai if that so, then it also applies on all the political parties of pakistan self created or by the fan/group

I know you would not go to Imran's Facebook Page because there are so many pretty and glowing faces there and you will die with inferiority complex.
But let me bring the facebook to you.
Imran Khan is 40 times more popular on facebook than Altaf Hussain. [imran] 39104 vs [altaf] 1084
Now repeat all the claims you had been making about facebook being true relection of popularity

karachi

MPA (400+ posts)
abbasiali said:

GeoG said:
Imran Khan is 40 times more popular on facebook than Altaf Hussain. [imran] 39104 vs [altaf] 1084
Now repeat all the claims you had been making about facebook being true relection of popularity[/size].

well i have nothing to say on it, I replied to abbasi bhai & waiting for him to answer it (a responsible person on whose rply i can have a thaught)

GeoG

Bhaid Khul Gaaya.
Claim of 22 Million followers, only 1084 ugly faces support the Don [altaf] .
Comapre that to 39104 Young, Charming, Energetic Young and Old supporting [imran] and millions more have him in their hearts

Paki_Loyal

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Kisi bhe insan ko support kerne se pehle uss ke zindagi ka poora character dekhna perta hai,
Musharaf jis ne 9 saal Pakistan per taqat k zor per hakoomat ke, jis ne muntakhib hakomat ka takhta ulta,,
jis ne mutadid bar kaha k main Fauji Wardi utaar doo ga,
jis ne kai bar jhoot bola, jis ne masoom logo ko $5000 k awiz america k hawalay keya,
jis ne iss country ke beti Dr Aafia ko america k hawalay ker dia, jis ne Pakistan ke khud mukhtari ka soda ker dia,
jis ne khud kash hamlo ka pakistan ko Gift dia, jis ne america ke war ko pakistan ke war bana dia.
jis ne sirf aik phone call per pakistan ke air bases america k hawalay ker de, j
is ne CJ Chd Iftikhar Hussain sahab ko darya dhamkaya aur un ko aur un ke family ko un k he gher main nazar bund ker dia,
aur CJ sahab ke shan main Gustakhi ke,
Jis ne elected prime minister ko mulk badar ker dia, jis ne Zardari k saath deal ke, aur ussey PM bnanay ka wada ker k jail se bahir niklwa dia,
jis ne MMA ke support hasil kerne ke waja se apni aankhein bund ker de
aur TTP sawat aur waziristan main mazboot hoti rahi,

Aisa insan sirf aur sirf TRAITOR kehlanay k qabil hota hai, Musharaf aik Gaddaar hai,
aur jo musharaf ka saathi hai wo bhe aik Traitor he hai, wo kabhi bhe Pakistan ka mohsin nahi ho sakta,

karachi

MPA (400+ posts)
Paki_Loyal said:
Kisi bhe insan ko support kerne se pehle uss ke zindagi ka poora character dekhna perta hai,

well said , should i say anything further _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ after ur statement (or i have to start dirty politics as done by GeoG)

ehsanali

MPA (400+ posts)
abbasiali said:
I think you have not visited his page as you said by clicking you become fan it is not like that you should visit the page and read your self.The report published by daily news belonging to Salman Tseer.As I checked Zardari Face book I find only 900 supporters.PPP has Jialas and only a crowd.They are mostly illiterate and ignorant people they are not computer literate.Daily News misguids by putting Zardari No.2.anybody can see the difference before 2007 and now.You hate Musharraf because Geo tells you Now GEO HATES Zardari

go back.