Is Two Nation Theory valid today?

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
O yes it will definitely destroy us don't even think about it. It is working for them.
My belief is that our education about our true history will not distroy us. But if you feel that two nation theory will destroy us , would you please elaborate may be I can change my opinion after arguements? I have understood it is working for them but I don't want spill over.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Banned
My belief is that our education about our true history will not distroy us. But if you feel that two nation theory will destroy us , would you please elaborate may be I can change my opinion after arguements? I have understood it is working for them but I don't want spill over.

Two nation (Us and them) is no good for us. We are one nation US only a collection of several unique nations my favorite PUNJABI nation and your might be Marathi there is room for all of us under the huge and pleasant umbrella on India. We are all us under the umbrella bro.

Last edited:

SINGH KING

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Though i m not a relegious person but we consider relegion last thing while treating or meeting people. At least in Punjab there is nthng like treating minorities badly . we have sikhs, hindus , muslims , christs, everyone living there and Most of us saw each other as Indians and thats it .I mean INDIA is a name which earned big respect all over the world and whnever u go out in canada, usa or england people give respect u as Indians . The best compliment i got when i start working in Vancouver and gori manager after knowing first time that i m from India said with smile ," Oh you are from second ancient civilization"

Two nation (Us and them) is no good for us. We are one nation US only a collection of several unique nations my favorite PUNJABI nation and your might be Marathi there is room for all of us under the huge and pleasant umbrella on India. We are all us under the umbrella bro.

Unicorn

Banned
Though i m not a relegious person but we consider relegion last thing while treating or meeting people. At least in Punjab there is nthng like treating minorities badly . we have sikhs, hindus , muslims , christs, everyone living there and Most of us saw each other as Indians and thats it .I mean INDIA is a name which earned big respect all over the world and whnever u go out in canada, usa or england people give respect u as Indians . The best compliment i got when i start working in Vancouver and gori manager after knowing first time that i m from India said with smile ," Oh you are from second ancient civilization"

You said it so well brother and this ancient civilization is reflecting all over you. There is never a conflict between religion and civilization.

Reactionary

the two nation theory is valid today because the majority of the two hundred million pakistani citizenry favor it

FaraanKhan

Two nation theory is very valid today as compared to 1947 for various reasons.

1. Pakistan has become more religious and close to Arabia ummah.

2. India (including those muslims who stayed behind Maulana Abul Kalam Azad) has gone more towards Indus Valley Civilization.

3. Also, the education provided in both countries have seperated us more than what we were in 1947.

So, the borders have been drawn and no Indian would dare to alter this border because the second generation Indians have accepted the two nation theory to the betterment of both nations.
This border will soon be altered by Pakistanis, India is not a legitimate country and hence should be eliminated

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think two nation theory is becoming more and more valid as world population is growing and people are having hard time and they are turning to God and they are not finding answers to their worldly problems anywhere other than islam. It is because in whole of secular world people are targeting each other like hungry wolves. mental depression is increasing even in western countries. people have no peace in their lives and worry more and more about their tomorrow. So may be one day we are all going to end up one people being fed up with trying everything and failing.

jujuju

Banned
ok, to original poster and all subsequent repliers, what does two nation theory mean today? there are already two nations now, theoretical level pe nahin practical level pe. maybe we should introduce a new term two nation practice.

hindus and muslims are separate nations? in india of curse they are not. in india muslims and hindus live in sometimes tenuous but relative peace. inspite of periodic disturbances, no muslim from india is in any hurry to get up and leave for either bangladesh or pakistan. no muslim groups with any significant support are demanding breakup of india on the basis of TNT. in any american university, in the indian community of students you find hindu and muslim students of india together. i have never seen a muslim student from india coming to study in US and living with pakistani roommates. it certainly may happen, but i have not seen them choose to do so. (i have seen hindu indian and pak muslim roommates)

muslim cricketers in indian team play very hard aganst pakistan. many musicians and artists from pak have moved to india, starting with the great star of classical music Bade ghulam ali khan sahab to adnan sami. there is no muslim group or party which advocates seperation of india or supports pak. even the SIMI and indian mujahideen accused of terrorism claim to do so becaue they think the indian state victmizes muslims (which it does every now and then) but do not advocate seperation of india.

is two nation theory valid in pakistan? depends on how the majority sunni muslims treat minority groups like sikhs hindus christians, ahmedis and even shias. i have no idea or no basis for making judgments. if you treat them well good, if not do better.

Last edited:

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why two nations? There are Sikhs, Christians and many others in the sub continent. Yes, India was divided on the basis the this theory but now we should accept each other with mutual respect and consider two nation theory as a tool of the Brits to divide us.

Unicorn

Banned
ok, to original poster and all subsequent repliers, what does two nation theory mean today? there are already two nations now, theoretical level pe nahin practical level pe. maybe we should introduce a new term two nation practice.

hindus and muslims are separate nations? in india of curse they are not. in india muslims and hindus live in sometimes tenuous but relative peace. inspite of periodic disturbances, no muslim from india is in any hurry to get up and leave for either bangladesh or pakistan. no muslim groups with any significant support are demanding breakup of india on the basis of TNT. in any american university, in the indian community of students you find hindu and muslim students of india together. i have never seen a muslim student from india coming to study in US and living with pakistani roommates. it certainly may happen, but i have not seen them choose to do so. (i have seen hindu indian and pak muslim roommates)

muslim cricketers in indian team play very hard aganst pakistan. many musicians and artists from pak have moved to india, starting with the great star of classical music Bade ghulam ali khan sahab to adnan sami. there is no muslim group or party which advocates seperation of india or supports pak. even the SIMI and indian mujahideen accused of terrorism claim to do so becaue they think the indian state victmizes muslims (which it does every now and then) but do not advocate seperation of india.

is two nation theory valid in pakistan? depends on how the majority sunni muslims treat minority groups like sikhs hindus christians, ahmedis and even shias. i have no idea or no basis for making judgments. if you treat them well good, if not do better.

Juju, we are dealing with slogans here no-one looks as deeply as you do. NW says to visiting Indians " you eat alu gost and we eat alu gost' is the violation of the two nation (us and them) theory. They must stop eating alu gost now, eating will be a gross violation of the theory.

Unicorn

Banned
Why two nations? There are Sikhs, Christians and many others in the sub continent. Yes, India was divided on the basis the this theory but now we should accept each other with mutual respect and consider two nation theory as a tool of the Brits to divide us.

Sikh, Christians, Buddhists, Janis and Muslims (of India) belong to religions they are not nations.

jujuju

Banned
lol at the alu gosht. the inventor of this poor dish would have never have imagined that it would be construed as creating doubts on TNT.
Unicorn;5 03697 said:
Juju, we are dealing with slogans here no-one looks as deeply as you do. NW says to visiting Indians " you eat alu gost and we eat alu gost' is the violation of the two nation (us and them) theory. They must stop eating alu gost now, eating will be a gross violation of the theory.

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
SaadKnight said:
Religions define nations.

then why are islamic countries divided into 56 nations? dont answer jewish conspiracy. then my question will be why were they divided in say 1465 AD? jewish conspiracy again?
Religion could not keep pakistan in one piece 40 years back......

Last edited:

SaadKnight

Senator (1k+ posts)
then why are islamic countries divided into 56 nations? dont answer jewish conspiracy. then my question will be why were they divided in say 1465 AD? jewish conspiracy again?
Exactly. If you don't think so, then I won't bother replying to you again.