India to test 5,000-km intercontinental ballistic missile by year-end

sam123

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...c-missile-by-year-end/articleshow/8711245.cms

NEW DELHI: India will by year-end test its 5,000-km intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), often termed the China killer " for its ability to reach the northernmost areas of that country, the head of a premier defence research agency said on Friday when Defence Minister AK Antony asked for the expeditious development of the Agni-V missile system.

" DRDO ( Defence Research and Development Organisation )) has developed a spectrum of missiles with a different range and payload capability. Now, DRDO must demonstrate its capability to reach a range of 5,000 km at the earliest, Antony said at a function at the research agency.

DRDO chief VK Saraswat , who was present beside Antony, said Agni-V will be tested by the end of this year.

Antony also asked the agency to also develop a "credible" Ballistice Missile Defence (BMD) system to intercept enemy missiles that may target India, thereby taking the county into an elite club of nations such as the US.

"The interceptor missile development programme has taken India into an elite club of nations that possess the capability to demonstrate and deploy missile defence. DRDO should now work towards developing a credible ballistic missile defence for our country," Antony told the gathering of defence scientists.

India is in the process of developing its own BMD system and has carried out six tests in the last two years, of which four have been successful.

The BMD programme comprises a two-tiered system called Prithvi Air Defence ( PAD )) for high-altitude interception at 50-80 km and Advanced Air Defence ( AAD )) for low-altitude interception 15-30 km.

India has also inducted its latest 3,000-km Agni-III missile into the armed forces and has begun serialised production of the weapon system.

Agni-III, Saraswat pointed out, is an inducted missile. "So there is no confusion whether or when it will be inducted. Agni-III is an inducted missile. It has completed its complete development and is under production," he added.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when are we going to fire our Tipu ICBM and SLV? india is getting upper hand in missile technology now..:13:

We dont need such missiles cuz our entire Pakistani population lives with in 2500 km!!!!!!!!!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...c-missile-by-year-end/articleshow/8711245.cms

NEW DELHI: India will by year-end test its 5,000-km intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), often termed the China killer " for its ability to reach the northernmost areas of that country, the head of a premier defence research agency said on Friday when Defence Minister AK Antony asked for the expeditious development of the Agni-V missile system.

" DRDO ( Defence Research and Development Organisation )) has developed a spectrum of missiles with a different range and payload capability. Now, DRDO must demonstrate its capability to reach a range of 5,000 km at the earliest, Antony said at a function at the research agency.

DRDO chief VK Saraswat , who was present beside Antony, said Agni-V will be tested by the end of this year.

Antony also asked the agency to also develop a "credible" Ballistice Missile Defence (BMD) system to intercept enemy missiles that may target India, thereby taking the county into an elite club of nations such as the US.

"The interceptor missile development programme has taken India into an elite club of nations that possess the capability to demonstrate and deploy missile defence. DRDO should now work towards developing a credible ballistic missile defence for our country," Antony told the gathering of defence scientists.

India is in the process of developing its own BMD system and has carried out six tests in the last two years, of which four have been successful.

The BMD programme comprises a two-tiered system called Prithvi Air Defence ( PAD )) for high-altitude interception at 50-80 km and Advanced Air Defence ( AAD )) for low-altitude interception 15-30 km.

India has also inducted its latest 3,000-km Agni-III missile into the armed forces and has begun serialised production of the weapon system.

Agni-III, Saraswat pointed out, is an inducted missile. "So there is no confusion whether or when it will be inducted. Agni-III is an inducted missile. It has completed its complete development and is under production," he added.

when are we going to fire our Tipu ICBM and SLV? india is getting upper hand in missile technology now..:13:

Congrats Brother! At least U people have developed something I wish it works too. [hilar]
And most heartening part is that you are in ur true colours now. Tail is luminous than ever. (clap) Congrats. Your flag is identified. Lol

usmanjee786

bro i think day gona test new 1 at holi or diwali.....wid a nice mujra on of malaeka rakhi ....etc BHI MAIN TO KEHTA HON AGER MISSILE NAHI CHLTAA TO KISI AIK KO KAREENA YAA MALAEKA ETC KO AAG LAGAA KER PAKISTAN KI TARAF FIRE KER DAIN DONOON KA KAM HO JAE GA
Another one like this...

anees1980

The missle will be equiped with sophisticated technology, it will recognise the place it is fired from and after being rleased, it will travell 5000 km, keeping in its memory where it is fired from and scared of Kashmiri freedom fiters, China's military technology and Pakistan missle technology it will come back to where it was fired from and finally exploding.

sam123

Congrats Brother! At least U people have developed something I wish it works too. [hilar]
And most heartening part is that you are in ur true colours now. Tail is luminous than ever. (clap) Congrats. Your flag is identified. Lol

Every one who speaks sense is bharat murad...mqm is indian agent....anp party is indian agent..

i dont have to give you my certificates..moreover i am born and brought up here in america but my parents are pakistani citizen..

sam123

The missle will be equiped with sophisticated technology, it will recognise the place it is fired from and after being rleased, it will travell 5000 km, keeping in its memory where it is fired from and scared of Kashmiri freedom fiters, China's military technology and Pakistan missle technology it will come back to where it was fired from and finally exploding.

quite an intelligent missile...i think it will be simple missile trajectory

Every one who speaks sense is bharat murad...mqm is indian agent....anp party is indian agent..

i dont have to give you my certificates..moreover i am born and brought up here in america but my parents are pakistani citizen..

Why it is necessary to be die hard Anti Pakistan to "speak sense"? People are very disillusioned now.

sam123

Why it is necessary to be die hard Anti Pakistan to "speak sense"? People are very disillusioned now.

i am not living in pakistan..and i interact with people of all nationalities ...i will not buy news at market value...
So we all know what is right ,what is wrong...i will protest if its wrong,appreciate if its right..
Sadly there are few news to appreciate ....As an american,i would want pakistan to finish off the sad work in wajiristan and crush taliban from every inch of pakistan.Pakistan can only progress if it becomes a country like turkey,malaysia........we should delink religion from institution and curb political motivated extended wings of armed forces which hurt us more...In a country where 98% are muslim,we should be the last country to discuss religion in institution(armed forces,schools,colleges,intelligence agencies,industry)

The problem with us :
Our Army chief is India centric, TTP is Pakistan centric, Govt. is ‘kursi’ centric, Awam is America centric and all the sane persons are (considered) eccentric.

i am not living in pakistan..and i interact with people of all nationalities ...i will not buy news at market value...
So we all know what is right ,what is wrong...i will protest if its wrong,appreciate if its right..
Sadly there are few news to appreciate ....As an american,i would want pakistan to finish off the sad work in wajiristan and crush taliban from every inch of pakistan.Pakistan can only progress if it becomes a country like turkey,malaysia........we should delink religion from institution and curb political motivated extended wings of armed forces which hurt us more...In a country where 98% are muslim,we should be the last country to discuss religion in institution(armed forces,schools,colleges,intelligence agencies,industry)

The problem with us :
Our Army chief is India centric, TTP is Pakistan centric, Govt. is kursi centric, Awam is America centric and all the sane persons are (considered) eccentric.

A perfect victim of mind programming by Neo con Zionist media. What a pity having least information about the ground reality and commenting on Pakistan????????? Just update Urself TTP is CIA's illegitimate offspring. I am very impressed.

this test by India will start even more rat race but nobody can stop anybody, including Pakistan. Now Pakistan will and should develop a missile that could travel East and reach as far out Assam in India, and on the north west side, to Israel. Nobody can stop it. May be that's how the planet will be destroyed.

sam123

this test by India will start even more rat race but nobody can stop anybody, including Pakistan. Now Pakistan will and should develop a missile that could travel East and reach as far out Assam in India, and on the north west side, to Israel. Nobody can stop it. May be that's how the planet will be destroyed.

brother....india is not 3000 km big...assam is more close to china race..if we hit them,china might feel bad..
But israel has all kinds of ballistic missile defense which can save it from our missiles...they will have american icbm which can destroy us ...
Remember than israel is super power of middle east....

brother....india is not 3000 km big...assam is more close to china race..if we hit them,china might feel bad..
But israel has all kinds of ballistic missile defense which can save it from our missiles...they will have american icbm which can destroy us ...
Remember than israel is super power of middle east....

Actually Israel has NOTHING except for few choppers and bombers may be. Thye magnify their assets on media 1000 times to inflict psychological scare in world's heart, specially her neighbors. They have nukes in Nagv desert.

If somehow US/UK are incapacitated and prevented from protecting Israel, even Syria alone can over run on her and hoist Syrian flag
in Tel Aviv. But the assialing country has to plan it right and plan it perfect.

Like Ahmedinejad said about Israel: What Israel, they cant even manage Ghaza

sam123

Actually Israel has NOTHING except for few choppers and bombers may be. Thye magnify their assets on media 1000 times to inflict psychological scare in world's heart, specially her neighbors. They have nukes in Nagv desert.

If somehow US/UK are incapacitated and prevented from protecting Israel, even Syria alone can over run on her and hoist Syrian flag
in Tel Aviv. But the assialing country has to plan it right and plan it perfect.

Like Ahmedinejad said about Israel: What Israel, they cant even manage Ghaza

But israel is too rich in technolgy..dont underestimate them now in 2011.

1.they have BMD :ballistic missile defense.
2.they manufacture all radars,aircrafts,missiles,
3.they possess all tanks,artillery and guns
4.they only lack ins aircraft carrrier,nuclear submarine and triad system to dispose nuclear bombs...

why india is buying all its weapons from israel?They are selling billions of weapons to indians...there has to be some logic behind it ??

remember than israel companies are world leaders...they have fabrication plants,electronics industry and they can make anything from scratch....

But israel is too rich in technolgy..dont underestimate them now in 2011.

1.they have BMD :ballistic missile defense.
2.they manufacture all radars,aircrafts,missiles,
3.they possess all tanks,artillery and guns
4.they only lack ins aircraft carrrier,nuclear submarine and triad system to dispose nuclear bombs...

why india is buying all its weapons from israel?They are selling billions of weapons to indians...there has to be some logic behind it ??

remember than israel companies are world leaders...they have fabrication plants,electronics industry and they can make anything from scratch....

Thats just it. They propagate all that in Jewish control media w/o having to spend $.

Israel is not selling her OWN manufactured to India. Indians are actually very stupid. Israel buys from US then passes on to India perhaps at 200% markup. If India tries to buy from the US, there will be lot of red tape to go thru. Since there is no bureaucracy and red tape selling arms to Israel, India can get it in few weeks. Americans dare not create any redt ape or obstacle selling ti Israel.

NOT, they are freeloading off the US to the tune of $1B/month which American tax payers can not even protest much less stop. The only Israeli merchandize I ever seen in Canada was a small shaving brush, which was so inferior that I had to buy another one made in China. Bristles kept cutting loose even at first use.

sam123

Thats just it. They propagate all that in Jewish control media w/o having to spend $.

Israel is not selling her OWN manufactured to India. Indians are actually very stupid. Israel buys from US then passes on to India perhaps at 200% markup. If India tries to buy from the US, there will be lot of red tape to go thru. Since there is no bureaucracy and red tape selling arms to Israel, India can get it in few weeks. Americans dare not create any redt ape or obstacle selling ti Israel.

NOT, they are freeloading off the US to the tune of $1B/month which American tax payers can not even protest much less stop. The only Israeli merchandize I ever seen in Canada was a small shaving brush, which was so inferior that I had to buy another one made in China. Bristles kept cutting loose even at first use.

1.They have their space missions.they make worlds top spy satellites..they have their own launch vehicle which we still cant build after 60 yrs

2.They make all kinds of radars...usa will not lose the defense market...they dont give 100% TOT to israel...

have you heard of teva pharmaceuticals...dont stereotype ..jews have maximum no of nobel prize..they are technology more advanced than all muslims nations combined..

digitalzygot

India technology pffffff iwon't be surprised if it travels more than 500km, look at the positives it gives us more reson to advance our missile and anti missile technology, CHINA KILLER ROFL INDIA AND CHINA lolololololol....................YOU COMPARING THEM............ROFL

1.They have their space missions.they make worlds top spy satellites..they have their own launch vehicle which we still cant build after 60 yrs

2.They make all kinds of radars...usa will not lose the defense market...they dont give 100% TOT to israel...

have you heard of teva pharmaceuticals...dont stereotype ..jews have maximum no of nobel prize..they are technology more advanced than all muslims nations combined..

Any Israeli can get any nobel along with a check of $100K (or is it $1Mil). Of course they have always been advanced in weapons of mass destruction.

Nobel prize - just like Obama got one within months of office taking - without doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Any way, no more cross firing on this thread. G'day