Food imports drop 9.85pc in 10 months

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Parmesan is the common commercial name of Parmigiano Reggiano!! So technically he did call it out! ?

OOO I'm surprised you talk about quality cheese and forgot to mention Parmigiano Reggiano?
Anyways, those things are consumed by a very small portion and shouldn't have a drastic affect on things.
Those who want to dine fine wouldn't mind paying a few extra rupees. I wouldn't if I feel the need to have bouts of vanity of gastronomy.
We're a poor country and tourists are here for local cuisine, not to see the brown man trying out western delicacies. You can never make them feel like they're home. ;)

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Parmesan is the common commercial name of Parmigiano Reggiano!! So technically he did call it out! ?
Yeah generic ones, but unless it's got the stamp of PR, it's not worth it and usually that's how it's know. In fact it's prohibited by EU. But technically I stand corrected.

Iconoclast

Fine dining my ass, till date you can't find a simple thing like Shawerma or Hummos in Pakistan, which is just an Arab-Mediterranean street food.

Tourist come to Pakistan to chomp down on Chapli Kababs, Kardahis and Biryanis, Not Paki versions of Lasagna or Carbonara
Shawrma in pakistan = paratha roll.

Most of the tourists who come to pakistan or who would come to pakistan are backpackets. they are not coming here to eat at fine expensive restaurants. :)

imran_hosein_fan

Minister (2k+ posts)
so not agree with your opinion. Pakistan can focus on growing/producing agri/dairy products locally within couple of years. Where did you get that 17% sale tax figure and how do you know they all use imported food items? and how much is 17% sales tax revenue? please answer with facts and make us aware as well :)
Hes putting this european figure, bacha abhi jawaan hua hai ?? in pakistan restaursnts dont maintain cash register, no receipt, no tax.

sher18

Minister (2k+ posts)
China became an economic power because after the revolution they stopped the import of every non-essential item and started to manufacture everything themselves. This is what we need to do.

RashidAhmed

Staff member
Siasat.pk Web Desk
اگر کھانے کے تیل کی درآمد میں اتنی کمی آئی ہے تو اسکا متبادل کیا یے؟ پاکستان میں پیدا ہونا شروع ہوا ہے یا کچھ اور وجہ؟

پاکستان سن فلاور کوکنگ آئل زیادہ پیدا کرتا ہے لیکن حکومت کی ناقص پالیسیوں کی وجہ سے کسانوں نے سن فلاور بھی بیجنا کم کردیا ہے ورنہ ہماری ضرورت سن فلاور پوری کرسکتا ہے
اسکے علاوہ پاکستان میں سویا بین، کینولا کی کاشت بھی ہوتی ہے

Educationist

پاکستان سن فلاور کوکنگ آئل زیادہ پیدا کرتا ہے لیکن حکومت کی ناقص پالیسیوں کی وجہ سے کسانوں نے سن فلاور بھی بیجنا کم کردیا ہے ورنہ ہماری ضرورت سن فلاور پوری کرسکتا ہے
اسکے علاوہ پاکستان میں سویا بین، کینولا کی کاشت بھی ہوتی ہے
molana, kya mojuda serkar 1947 se ber-sar e iqtidar hy k uske Nakam policy se asa ho rha hy ?? agr mojuda serkar ke policy khrab hy to mazi ke serkaro ne to itni Import ke k Pak k sb berooni qerzy uter gye ............. RIGHT ??

kakamuna420

Pakistan should not be importing any food items. We are an agriculture country & we can increase agricultural growth by the use of advance technology in the agriculture sector. Plus we urgently need to improve our storage capabilities, have more cold storage plants in every district. We can earn billions of dollars from the exports of vegetables, fruits, fish, chicken, meat, dairy products etc
I bought pure juice and it was written "Product of UAE" haha.
How would you grow fruits in the desert.

kakamuna420

Drop in imported food is not good at all. All nicer restaurants need quality ingredients to cook quality meals.

They create tons of employments and drive up 17% sales tax revenue. Therefore food items imports should be allowed duty free so Pakistani cooks can experiment and serve quality international standard meals and drive up restaurant industry.

We need restaurant industry in near future for the promotion of tourism in Pakistan and without low-cost food imports it will not be possible.
don't go to restaurants to eat donkey kebabs. Make fresh food at home. Koi biwi khala, amma naheen apkay ghar main. I cook my own tasty meals

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
OK Smartman,
Here is the list of few cheeses I need to cook meals for tourists. Please produce it for me and provide to me at least same rate it's available in Dubai or Bangkok or Manila.

- Provolone Cheese
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mediteranian Feta Cheese
- Dried Parmasan Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Queso Fresco

You people can only do bakbak without any homework.
Yo dude, I like how you distance yourself from 'you people', with your list of gourmet ingrds. Kudos to you for highlighting the potential plight of 1% of population, but frankly, can't squeeze out any tears. And real tourists would survive, only the second hand tourists i. e. Desis occasionally visiting Pakistan, including the politicians' families, etc, won't. Well, good riddance in that case.

AhmadSaleem264

Minister (2k+ posts)
We are agricultural country and importing food from outside?
Bring it down to 100%
Imported khanay k chakar mai mulk ko default kra dena hai or phr local khanay k pesay bhi nhi bachnay

Modest

I bought pure juice and it was written "Product of UAE" haha.
How would you grow fruits in the desert.
UAE imported those fruits from other countries & then made pure juices from them in their factories, so technically this juice is their product ?

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
Drop in imported food is not good at all. All nicer restaurants need quality ingredients to cook quality meals.

They create tons of employments and drive up 17% sales tax revenue. Therefore food items imports should be allowed duty free so Pakistani cooks can experiment and serve quality international standard meals and drive up restaurant industry.

We need restaurant industry in near future for the promotion of tourism in Pakistan and without low-cost food imports it will not be possible.
None of Shinwari restaurant or paya nihari imported from abroad. Which restaurant pay 17%tax? May be McDonal

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
اگر کھانے کے تیل کی درآمد میں اتنی کمی آئی ہے تو اسکا متبادل کیا یے؟ پاکستان میں پیدا ہونا شروع ہوا ہے یا کچھ اور وجہ؟
Basically importanting expensive oils and items in the name of Palm oil.