AsalamuAlikum Siasat Members - Welcome To The New Site - Please Read this!

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Hi, Every body, i have just joined this site, hope to have a good, ethical and productive discussion with u all, best of Luck!

welcome aboard brother/sister.

I hope we will get along just fine. Just praise my post and we shall do ok. LOL . just kidding. Welcome aboard though

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
AoA,

To the Admin Staff,

I am a regular visitor of the forum even though I have only recently started posting.
I would like to make a few suggestions about the new look.

The best thing about this site was its simplicity. It was easy to navigate and the ads were not annoyingly in your face like in other sites with similar content.
Although the facelift of the site is nice however someone out there got it all wrong when they made all these pages to click through to get to the content. I liked to see all the daily updated videos on the main page. It was like my morning newspapers first page with all the main headlines easy to find. If I wanted to flip through content I would click to the relevant sections toherwise I would just watch my regular shows and move on.
Now I am watching Kal Tak and I had to click through 5 pages to get there and the on some pages the google ad thing is stuck on the videos.
The goal of the uplift should have been to make the forum better not worse. I think I am not in the minority when I say it pretty much sucks if you talk about functionality.
Right now I would rate "pkreporter.com" , "pakistanherald.com" and "awaz.tv" higher on functionality than "siasat.pk" .
Please fix these annoying navigational problems and bring back the main page as it was. The facelift is fine but dont try to mend something that isnt broken!
Regards.

imemyself89

MPA (400+ posts)
AoA,

To the Admin Staff,

I am a regular visitor of the forum even though I have only recently started posting.
I would like to make a few suggestions about the new look.

The best thing about this site was its simplicity. It was easy to navigate and the ads were not annoyingly in your face like in other sites with similar content.
Although the facelift of the site is nice however someone out there got it all wrong when they made all these pages to click through to get to the content. I liked to see all the daily updated videos on the main page. It was like my morning newspapers first page with all the main headlines easy to find. If I wanted to flip through content I would click to the relevant sections toherwise I would just watch my regular shows and move on.
Now I am watching Kal Tak and I had to click through 5 pages to get there and the on some pages the google ad thing is stuck on the videos.
The goal of the uplift should have been to make the forum better not worse. I think I am not in the minority when I say it pretty much sucks if you talk about functionality.
Right now I would rate "pkreporter.com" , "pakistanherald.com" and "awaz.tv" higher on functionality than "siasat.pk" .
Please fix these annoying navigational problems and bring back the main page as it was. The facelift is fine but dont try to mend something that isnt broken!
Regards.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I absolutely agree when you say the success of Siasat.pk was It's simplicity. Pretty much everything will stay the same once the site is completed fully. We are still working on the main page. The page you see when you go to siasat.pk isn't the main page. It is the forum Index page and the url will be moved to the actual page when it is ready.

Inshallah you will all be happy once you see it. It will be the same, simple navigation page.

kind regards,

imemyself89

MPA (400+ posts)
Admin saheb, hazaron salam

ask any programmer/developer, they will tell you that your web programmer did not do a good job. This product was not thoroughly tested prior to deployment. They should have done a dry run and you should have watched and practiced it then approve.

If it takes you 3, 4, 5 days to 'decorate' or take all the bugs out AFTER the deployment, its a recipe for disaster. As soon as you found problems, you should have backed out and restored the original and get the web person to fix it. I hope you didnt hire some cheap Indian web programmer LOL (I have persoanl experience with them)

What we live with we learn.

The only way would be upwards for siasat.pk from now on :)

Blue Moon

Citizen
Have patience guys its the matter of getting used to. I think this program has more capability, at least i don't find it difficult it will take only a few minutes to get used to. Wait until its fully operational.

Jury

After every 10 posts, the page changes, which is very irritating to me.
Previously, next page came after 19 posts.

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
I think you can set the no of pages from your own settings Jury...

@all

By the way ... why is a David's star symbolizing the reputation???

Last edited:

Mujahid

MPA (400+ posts)
I hope you guys like the new design.

Thank You very much for your patience. We are still fixing the little things on the site.

It will probably take three more days to completely get back to normal.

You will all have to reset your passwords. Please go to the following link and reset it.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

The new password will be sent to your email address.

Please comment and give your suggestions to improve the site even further

kind regards,

Congratulation to all siasat team its really great

ASK123

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Good work admin

look good, color scheme is fantastic and eye friendly,all features are nice and user friendly

ASK123

thank you so much for ur welcoming note!
first of all let me make it clear for everybody im brother of all u. gazoomartin u doing good. reading ur posts for some time and impressed. u happy?
welcome aboard brother/sister.

I hope we will get along just fine. Just praise my post and we shall do ok. LOL . just kidding. Welcome aboard though

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
salam
admin & mods i have some suggestion for now..
#1) no GUEST post should be allowed as it will spoil the topic of thread & some people will start bad language & might deviate the topic. On the other hand the regular users of siasat.pk we can handle them :-) as we know them v well..
#2) where is the option YOUR POST as it was available in prev version of website..
Hope to hear from u guys about these issues..
Jaza-k-ALLAH. Always looks good to see new site.. Congrats.

GeoG

Excellent Transformation, Great Color Scheme.
Well Done, Congrats and Jazak Alllah.

Just a little suggestion, Next to Aative Topice, these is space available to place another button for Subscribed Threads / Your Responses/ ?
This will make life much easier for regular and active participants even thread has gone 30 places down.

Kind Regards.

QaiserMirza

Dear Admin. The changes should be for the improvements. This site was used by the people from all fields of life, not only IT experts, the site should be very simple and easy to use.

I am not IT expert to understand the terms used in this site and the procedure.

Still I am not able to know, how to post any article and where should I get the procedure.

Please make this site user friendly.

PLEASE ,,,,,,,,,PLEASE

Adeel

Founder
salam
admin & mods i have some suggestion for now..
#1) no GUEST post should be allowed as it will spoil the topic of thread & some people will start bad language & might deviate the topic. On the other hand the regular users of siasat.pk we can handle them :-) as we know them v well..
#2) where is the option YOUR POST as it was available in prev version of website..
Hope to hear from u guys about these issues..
Jaza-k-ALLAH. Always looks good to see new site.. Congrats.

Guests are not allowed to posts. Only members. I will have "your posts and threads" added to drop down menu, Inshallah!

Adeel

Founder
Excellent Transformation, Great Color Scheme.
Well Done, Congrats and Jazak Alllah.

Just a little suggestion, Next to Aative Topice, these is space available to place another button for Subscribed Threads / Your Responses/ ?
This will make life much easier for regular and active participants even thread has gone 30 places down.

Kind Regards.

Please check Forum Tools. Subscribed thread is there already.

Adeel

Founder
Dear Admin. The changes should be for the improvements. This site was used by the people from all fields of life, not only IT experts, the site should be very simple and easy to use.

I am not IT expert to understand the terms used in this site and the procedure.

Still I am not able to know, how to post any article and where should I get the procedure.

Please make this site user friendly.

PLEASE ,,,,,,,,,PLEASE

We will be making a video tutorials for all the new users soon.

Politics Maestro

@Admin.. i'm new in this forum, So plz Support me as well as Suggest me, if i will do wrong any thing in this forum..!!
Thanx..
Regards