This will take you back in Past - Old Currency of Pakistan

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: These Remind Me of Good Old Days of My Primary School Life..!!

39910608.jpg

I studied at Cantt Public School near Cantt Station.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

pic_pakcurrency-overprint.gif

Thus the currency of the Indian Reserve Bank was inscribed with words "Government of Pakistan" both in Urdu and English, and placed into circulation from 1 April 1948 under the responsibility of the Government of Pakistan. So, following a seven-month period where notes of the Reserve Bank of India and the Government of India continued to circulate in Pakistan, modified notes of the Reserve Bank of India in the denominations of 2, 5, 10 and 100 rupees were introduced as planned, along with modified 1-rupee notes of the Government of India. The Indian currency consisted of two inscriptions on the front of the notes: at the top of the white area reserved for viewing the watermark the words "GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN" were inscribed in English, while at the bottom of the white area the Urdu rendition of the same phrase appears, i.e. "Hakoomat-e-Pakistan". For these inscriptions, the printing plates were modified, instead of overprints to avoid forgery.

first_note.gif

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)

ab islamabad me PEER SOHAWA aik restaurant hai MOMAL and there is a BARAF KA GOLA wala and you know how much he cost ... 500 PKR to 3000PKR i think ... lolzzz
old days aaah haaa .... 100PKR ka oil car me dalwao or 1 week ayashi maro inside the city (sargodha) lolzzz
10rs me 100 cheezain kha leni abb aik cig ata hai ya 2 ... lolz
i dont think so k kabhi mehngai kum hogi???..

ALI ARYAN

Senator (1k+ posts)

بہت خوب ان سکوں کو دیکھ کر مجھ کو اپنے بچپن کا ایک واقعہ یاد آ گیا. ابّا جان ہم سب بھائیوں کو اسکول جاتے وقت اٹھنی دیا کرتے تھے. اور وہ ہمارے لئے کافی ہوتی تھی عموما وہ چینج محلے کے پراٹھے والے سے لے کر ہم سب میں تقسیم کرتے تھے . اکثر اسکے پاس چینج نہیں ہوتا تھا اسی بنا پر اس پراٹھے والے نے ہمارا جیب خرچ اٹھنی سے بڑھوا کر ایک روپیہ کروا دیا تھا. یعنی اس وقت اتنی چیزیں سستی ہوتی تھیں کے ہم اٹھنی میں بھی خوش تھے. اور روپیہ ہونے کے بعد تو دوستوں میں شاہ کا درجہ مل گیا تھا.

enigma_1357

MPA (400+ posts)

It was touching, I remember these bills, in fact few were out dated, which were printed with Bangla, rest were valid till I left in 1991. I don't know the new format, almost four years continuous absence have made a big gap.

i am wondering that u r out of pakistan and still u support a duffer like nawaz shareef? u can't be in some western country. i think u r living in saudi arabia.isn't?

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

i am wondering that u r out of pakistan and still u support a duffer like nawaz shareef? u can't be in some western country. i think u r living in saudi arabia.isn't?

lolz

Where did you find me supporting NAWAZ SHAREEF, Critisizing Imran khan doesn't mean I am supporting any bull ****.....hahahaha.

Why did you guess for Saudi Arabia, I wish I could have had get a chance to get settled there, however my time with energy has already gone and have no more patience to ignore that type of aggressive and insulting behavior. Don't I sound like a Canadian......lolzzzz..well I am settled in Canada for last four years...

canadian

lolz

Where did you find me supporting NAWAZ SHAREEF, Critisizing Imran khan doesn't mean I am supporting any bull ****.....hahahaha.

Why did you guess for Saudi Arabia, I wish I could have had get a chance to get settled there, however my time with energy has already gone and have no more patience to ignore that type of aggressive and insulting behavior. Don't I sound like a Canadian......lolzzzz..well I am settled in Canada for last four years...

Abbasi Bhai,
Haath Joor Ker Ghalti Ki Maafi Mangta Houn.Main Nahin Chahta Yeh Silsala Saat Pushtoun Taak Chalta Rahai.Waseem Bhai Key Safarish Laoon.:smashfreakB:

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

Abbasi Bhai,
Haath Joor Ker Ghalti Ki Maafi Mangta Houn.Main Nahin Chahta Yeh Silsala Saat Pushtoun Taak Chalta Rahai.Waseem Bhai Key Safarish Laoon.:smashfreakB:

Dear Canadian, you are a "GEM" & "DARLING" person and friend, don't even give a second thought to it.......lolzzzzzzz

canadian

Dear Canadian, you are a "GEM" & "DARLING" person and friend, don't even give a second thought to it.......lolzzzzzzz

Thank you very much.I really appreciate that.....(clap)

kashif10

Councller (250+ posts)

I don;t know how i missed that one, just added 5 paisa in the second post.

My fav is also 5 paisa & was looking for it in first post.. Your second post have old coins which are new to mee like aanas coins & coin with whole.. Thanks for the psot

kashif10

Councller (250+ posts)

We used to live on Queen's Road now called Maulvi Timizuddin Khan Road in Karachi.My father was Chairman Of Karachi Munical Corporation.Last bunglow on the rigt side if you cross the bridge from PIDC side.At that time The Corporation was run by civil servants instead of elected representatives.

We used to go to queens road at furniture market..

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)

My parents my self my brother and sisters went from lahore to Kabul by car in 1970.We saw lot of Indian movies there in local cinemas.Bought lot of cassette
tapes of Indian songs also.Kabul was such a peaceful city and local people so friendly.We later drove upto Kandhar.

idher me hi sirf nojawan huuu ??... hahahahahaha

JewayPakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: For those who are older then me..!!

آہ یاد ے ماضی عذاب ہے یا رب ، چھین لے مجھ سے حافظہ میرا ، یہ بالکل وہی چونی ہے جس کی میں ڈبل روٹی اور مکھن لاتا تھا...........
The coin with hole of one paisa was later withdrwn as they mistakenly wrote "one Pice" instaed one paisa on it:P

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)

i still remember my dad used to give me 10 paisas every day before going to school.. and i was a happy child ( 1970)

It means you have crossed 45 or more.........LOL