This will take you back in Past - Old Currency of Pakistan

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: These Remind Me of Good Old Days of My Primary School Life..!!

Oh Boy...Kya yaad dila diya...............SIGH.

canadian

my father bought a brand new VESPA ( Italy assembled ) for 1100 rupees in 1971, and he used to go to Kabul for shopping,,,, what a time,,,,, new generation will not understand this

My parents my self my brother and sisters went from lahore to Kabul by car in 1970.We saw lot of Indian movies there in local cinemas.Bought lot of cassette
tapes of Indian songs also.Kabul was such a peaceful city and local people so friendly.We later drove upto Kandhar.

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)

indian song he ............... ghundoo may pahns gye, Alibaba bhee bhoro may phans geya lolzzz
Old is GOLD man................lolzzzzzzzzzzz.....and mind you its not old..........abhi to asal jawani shuru huwi hai.......can you beat the experience........lolzzzzzzzzz

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)

oh wow canadian bahi u also tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......... old
My parents my self my brother and sisters went from lahore to Kabul by car in 1970.We saw lot of Indian movies there in local cinemas.Bought lot of cassette
tapes of Indian songs also.Kabul was such a peaceful city and local people so friendly.We later drove upto Kandhar.

anyie1

Do you remember size of coke bottle, they use to have 2 sizes, small was 25 paisas and big was 50 paisas, Yes meat was of that cost, 50 Rs bill shown above was a very big amount and I lost once, while shopping and that result a big "PHAINTI" by Ammi.

These small grocers like meat shop, and general stores were use to be located in very near from home, that's why there was no fear of sending small kids for this kind of shopping, those were the golden days, have gone by so fast.
there was no fear of any robery or any terror attack at that time,,,,,,, i cant tell you how the life was, but we never realized then. you care for things when you loose them,,, i want to go back in that era,,,,,,, trust me,,,,

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

Oh Boy...Kya yaad dila diya...............SIGH.

u 2 brutus, it reminds my famous cartoon of that time, Popey the sailor man.....co co co........lolz

Plus William Shatner & Spoke's famous Star Trek.........Roger Moore's The Saint......The Persuaders of Roger Moore and Tony Curtis.....

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

there was no fear of any robery or any terror attack at that time,,,,,,, i cant tell you how the life was, but we never realized then. you care for things when you loose them,,, i want to go back in that era,,,,,,, trust me,,,,

You got me buddy............it was real real peace.........I remember the big long neighborhood there was no restriction of moving into any house, lots of same age group, it was soooooooooooo lively.

anyie1

We could buy a good ice cream for 50 paisas.Good old days !!!!!!
i dont want to go into details but let me be precise,, i found 25 paisa coin on the road one day, i went to a candy shop and bought a lot of candies and started enjoying those,,, i swear i could not finish those and throw those in the bin before going home . i was beaten by my mother for being late from school.......... my eyes are wet right now thinking about that time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

indian song he ............... ghundoo may pahns gye, Alibaba bhee bhoro may phans geya lolzzz

Ab sharmao na aur apni sachi age bata do, koi kuch nahi kahey gaa...........lolzzzzzz aap ki yahan moujoudgi bata rahi hai, aap ka interest yahan per kiyun hai.......

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

i dont want to go into details but let me be precise,, i found 25 paisa coin on the road one day, i went to a candy shop and bought a lot of candies and started enjoying those,,, i swear i could not finish those and throw those in the bin before going home . i was beaten by my mother for being late from school.......... my eyes are wet right now thinking about that time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I bet you, u got 2 b a king with 25 paisas,

canadian

On Eid we us used to get 10 rupees each brother and sister.My father would bring crisp new currency notes from the bank.Also we used to hide new eid clothes from our friends and show them only on the Eid day.Myself and my brother loved kite flying but my Dad was strictly against that.Also we were supposed to be at home before Maghrib and after that it was curfew.TV was only PTV.........Oh good old days!!. will trade anything today to get back all those things we used to have.Life was so simple and peaceful......

hans

Banned

With all this nostalgic values filling up the post .. tell me did we had Taliban or its ideology then?

Some how I feel we all lost our Nationalism innocence within the streets of Karachi .... as we grew up.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

With all this nostalgic values filling up the post .. tell me did we had Taliban or its ideology then?

Some how I feel we all lost our Nationalism innocence within the streets of Karachi .... as we grew up.

I would like to suggest you to contribute related to this subject, otherwise.................

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)

[MENTION=19636]theexile[/MENTION] ,
Also add following pic to your started thread .. .....

5rupees1948.jpg

5rupees1948.jpg

5rupees1947.jpg

5rupees1947.jpg

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)

app he bata day key mera yaha interest kew he, wasy may age may app say chota hoo mager tujarbay may bara ho lolzzzzzz
Ab sharmao na aur apni sachi age bata do, koi kuch nahi kahey gaa...........lolzzzzzz aap ki yahan moujoudgi bata rahi hai, aap ka interest yahan per kiyun hai.......

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)

[MENTION=10206]abbasiali[/MENTION]

100rupees2005muhammad_al.jpg

500rupeesjinnahstate_bank_building.jpg

1000rupeesjinnahislamia_college_peshawar.jpg

5000rupees2006muhammad_ali_jinnahfaisal_majid_islamabad.jpg

But these are not really that much cool ,

Well , people say musharaf wanted his photo on currency notes

:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Perve...s-photo-on-currency-note/Article1-624704.aspx
http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...9_1_jamali-currency-notes-sharifuddin-pirzada
http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/pa...new-revelation-in-musharraf-currency-row.html

3893765972_4e12c05487.jpg

pak-currency-11201011.jpg

here is the siasat.pk link:

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?49149-Musharraf-wanted-his-image-on-currency-notes

[MENTION=11780]Young_Blood[/MENTION]

please report on this issue here @ Young_Blood !