This will take you back in Past - Old Currency of Pakistan

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: These Remind Me of Good Old Days of My Primary School Life..!!

We used to live on Queen's Road now called Maulvi Timizuddin Khan Road in Karachi.My father was Chairman Of Karachi Munical Corporation.Last bunglow on the rigt side if you cross the bridge from PIDC side.At that time The Corporation was run by civil servants instead of elected representatives.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

6cc84598e72fb9c51611fc0ebed35475.png

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

[MENTION=19636]theexile[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11207]canadian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10206]abbasiali[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18262]anyie1[/MENTION]
You guys have touched the wonderful old memories in a very big way.
Lived in Sindh all my childhood age.
Lived in Hyderbad (college), NawabShah (School years) and Karachi Professional years.

Use to go to meat shop with DadaJan (GrandFather) 12 annay sair (bakray ka Ghost). Use be 16 annay in 1 Rupee, ------ 1 paisa, 2 paisa, 1 anna, dwanny, chawany, atthany, then 1 ruppia.

I remember we never locked our front door in sindh !
Don't remember if we ever asked anyone "who you are"?
Had a Motorcycle after high school.
Lived near Nursery, DHS #2, KDA s1 Nazim-abad & N. Nazimabad.
Knew Karachi well, Saeed Manzil Kheerwala, Bundoo Khan, and of course the Ampies Cafe (Shezan Ampies ) in front of Hotel Metro-pole.
The best chicken patties and tea was their specialty.

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

[MENTION=19636]theexile[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11207]canadian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10206]abbasiali[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18262]anyie1[/MENTION]
You guys have touched the wonderful old memories in a very big way.
Lived in Sindh all my childhood age.
Lived in Hyderbad (college), NawabShah (School years) and Karachi Professional years.

Use to go to meat shop with DadaJan (GrandFather) 12 annay sair (bakray ka Ghost). Use be 16 annay in 1 Rupee, ------ 1 paisa, 2 paisa, 1 anna, dwanny, chawany, atthany, then 1 ruppia.

I remember we never locked our front door in sindh !
Don't remember if we ever asked anyone "who you are"?
Had a Motorcycle after high school.
Lived near Nursery, DHS #2, KDA s1 Nazim-abad & N. Nazimabad.
Knew Karachi well, Saeed Manzil Kheerwala, Bundoo Khan, and of course the Ampies Cafe (Shezan Ampies ) in front of Hotel Metro-pole.
The best chicken patties and tea was their specialty.

Thanks.
Yes I remember Shezan Ampis,chicken patties and samosas were really good.There were two other Shezan's...one infront of Mama Parsi School and other one at hill park..are they still there ? My father used to hold official dinners at Hill Park Shezan.There was a Chinese restaurant inside Metrople.I understand Metropole is no more ? Oh WOW....they were such good and care free day's.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

Thanks.
Yes I remember Shezan Ampis,chicken patties and samosas were really good.There were two other Shezan's...one infront of Mama Parsi School and other one at hill park..are they still there ? My father used to hold official dinners at Hill Park Shezan.There was a Chinese restaurant inside Metrople.I understand Metropole is no more ? Oh WOW....they were such good and care free day's.
The hillpark is there I think!
That was one of the spot we use to go, I don't think it would be safe anymore to go there late in the evening with family and kids.
Clifton was also a good spot.
There use to be a place called "Hanifia" a great burger place.
Memories are for ever.

Last edited:

riverblue

MPA (400+ posts)

hanifia is still there but alas!!!!!!!!!! its no longer what it used to be....... that quality is no more :(

The hillpark is there I think!
That was one of the spot we use to go, I don't think it would be safe anymore to go there late in the evening with family and kids.
Clifton was also a good spot.
There use to be a place called "Hanifia" a great burger place.
Memories are for ever.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

hanifia is still there but alas!!!!!!!!!! its no longer what it used to be....... that quality is no more :(

I agree with you.
For old time sake I went to Shezan Ampis and I was very disappointed.:(
I went to Civil Hospital to see a friend and I had tears in my eyes.

riverblue

MPA (400+ posts)

dont even get me started on civil hospital!!!!!!!! it has deteriorated ever since!!! ull see cats roaming in the icu.......drug addicts in the alleys there........ bohot buray halaat hain wahan k..... really its very saddening

I agree with you.
For old time sake I went to Shezan Ampis and I was very disappointed.:(
I went to Civil Hospital to see a friend and I had tears in my eyes.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

dont even get me started on civil hospital!!!!!!!! it has deteriorated ever since!!! ull see cats roaming in the icu.......drug addicts in the alleys there........ bohot buray halaat hain wahan k..... really its very saddening

Why can't we make it better? The entire administration is there on political bases, nobody cares.

riverblue

MPA (400+ posts)

we tried our teeny bit when we were doing house job there..... we did protest but kuch hua nahi.... MS sahab ki stay extend hoti rehti thi..bus isi mei wo khush rehtay thay......... wahan ki halat k lye kuch hua ho mujhe yaad nahe parta..... kher wahan patients k sath sath doctors ka bhi haal kuch acha nahe......

Why can't we make it better? The entire administration is there on political bases, nobody cares.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger

we tried our teeny bit when we were doing house job there..... we did protest but kuch hua nahi.... MS sahab ki stay extend hoti rehti thi..bus isi mei wo khush rehtay thay......... wahan ki halat k lye kuch hua ho mujhe yaad nahe parta..... kher wahan patients k sath sath doctors ka bhi haal kuch acha nahe......

We were not like this before, Insaanoon ko Insaan samjha jata tha.
What happened now kiya insaan insaan nahein rahay.?:angry_smile:

riverblue

MPA (400+ posts)

pata nahe :( shaid hamari values badal chuki hain........ koi kuch acha step lena chahay bhi tou aas paas dus log mojood hotay hain taang khenchnay k liye

p.s. hanifia ka yaad karanay ka shukria :P ..... had the old taste again today...... (tho not exactly the same but still....) (bigsmile)

We were not like this before, Insaanoon ko Insaan samjha jata tha.
What happened now kiya insaan insaan nahein rahay.?:angry_smile: