Currency5.jpg

Currency4.jpg

Currency3.jpg

Currency2.jpg

Currency1.jpg

Currency.jpg

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: These Remind Me of Good Old Days of My Primary School Life..!!

It was touching, I remember these bills, in fact few were out dated, which were printed with Bangla, rest were valid till I left in 1991. I don't know the new format, almost four years continuous absence have made a big gap.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

i still remember my dad used to give me 10 paisas every day before going to school.. and i was a happy child ( 1970)

You are probably talking about those bronze color square shape coins, Yes 10 paisa was a big money, 25 paisa was the amount in which I use to buy bread and butter for breakfast daily in the morning before going to school. it was 1970 too.

theexile

MPA (400+ posts)

i still remember my dad used to give me 10 paisas every day before going to school.. and i was a happy child ( 1970)

added some more...!! do you recognize them?

anyie1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

You are probably talking about those bronze color square shape coins, Yes 10 paisa was a big money, 25 paisa was the amount in which I use to buy bread and butter for breakfast daily in the morning before going to school. it was 1970 too.
there was a butcher shop infront of my house and my mom used to ask me to go and get meat, it was 2 rupees and 8 annaas( i1 rupee was 16 annas) per seer( it was british system then) and coca cola was 25 paisas per bottle. i loved that time

anyie1

my father bought a brand new VESPA ( Italy assembled ) for 1100 rupees in 1971, and he used to go to Kabul for shopping,,,, what a time,,,,, new generation will not understand this

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

there was a butcher shop infront of my house and my mom used to ask me to go and get meat, it was 2 rupees and 8 annaas( i1 rupee was 16 annas) per seer( it was british system then) and coca cola was 25 paisas per bottle. i loved that time

Do you remember size of coke bottle, they use to have 2 sizes, small was 25 paisas and big was 50 paisas, Yes meat was of that cost, 50 Rs bill shown above was a very big amount and I lost once, while shopping and that result a big "PHAINTI" by Ammi.

These small grocers like meat shop, and general stores were use to be located in very near from home, that's why there was no fear of sending small kids for this kind of shopping, those were the golden days, have gone by so fast.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

my father bought a brand new VESPA ( Italy assembled ) for 1100 rupees in 1971, and he used to go to Kabul for shopping,,,, what a time,,,,, new generation will not understand this

My TAYA abbu use to have same Vespa, Italian assembled and the registration number was Karachi-I It was really interesting to read in Urdu this registration. He kept that Vespa for whole of his life.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)

Masha Allah ab maloom para key is forum per boht borhey loog aty he like theexile & Ali abbasi

Old is GOLD man................lolzzzzzzzzzzz.....and mind you its not old..........abhi to asal jawani shuru huwi hai.......can you beat the experience........lolzzzzzzzzz

canadian

We could buy a good ice cream for 50 paisas.Good old days !!!!!!