The "f" world.... Shall I rejoin????

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
Last night... Skimming through the web... I saw an unexpected icon on a website ...from where I have been downloading a lot of Bayans to listen in the past...

Facebook-Logo-220x220.png

Hmmmm.......... Was'nt on this very website ... I read how evil and dangerous facebook is... now they have their own fan page... Is it something like another loud speaker story... and they have converted the Satan of the facebook to Islam... I wasn't too sure...

i decided to take a survey of the websites which offer Bayans, Duroos and other Islamic stuff...

I was shocked...

Only two out of 15 or so websites did not show the icon on purpose... rest of them either had the facebook link showing up.. or they were actively having the facebook page ...

Here....

I would like to have your opinion... specially those who still actively boycott facebook....

Shall we not use facebook because of the hidden "EVILS"???? and their alleged involvement in certain blasphemous incidents??

Or shall we use it ... just as we use internet ??... (You wouldnt stop using the internet because your isp doesnt shut down the "crappy" content...)

Kindly refrain from copy pasting loads of stuff...

I am looking for your valuable input before I decide to re-activate my account...

ammar26

MPA (400+ posts)
I deleted my FACEBOOK account last year and never used it again. Everyone has its own personal opinions and my personal opinion is i don't wanna use Facebook, Its waste of time and it doesn't care about religious sentiments

Last edited:

KK YASIR

Minister (2k+ posts)
I deleted my FACEBOOK account last year and never used it again. Everyone has its own personal opinions and my personal opinion is i don't wanna use Facebook, Its waste of time and it doesn't care about religious sentiments

i have the same comment.i quit Facebook last year.

Pak-MUSLIM

Voter (50+ posts)
I also never had an Account on Facbook, because of wastage of Time & their Anti-Islam Activitites.
But if still someone wants to use somthing like this, then you can join
www.millatfacebook.com

It's a good site & also competitor of FaceBook. Join yourself also & ask your friends also to boycott FaceBook & join this site.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
You need to be proactive in this world of high tech, If face book is spreading hatred, then face book is exactly the same source to encounter that hatred too, Instead of quitting make sure your effective presence, so rivals will not have easy go. Its really good to know, what is happening around, face book is actually making life easy for Muslims to find their enemies right in correct place. So be practicle face the challenge, be on face book, reply positively and effectively.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
Quit facebook last year. Now eyeing on google plus. Anayway, the question that you have asked is very challenging. I quit it becuase I thought it is the least I could do. FB for me was more tafreh than talqeen and learning. I know I miss out a lot becuase some great alims have their FB accounts where they answer question and discuss important things and I am literally cutoff from my friends who are all over the world.

I think all of us who have quit facebook should support google plus or any other tool. It will take some time but if we stay persistent we can have people there soon but FB is history now unless we take it over.

Pak-MUSLIM

Voter (50+ posts)
Yes you are right. I think we must support MillatFacebook.
There may be some problems in that but if all of us support it, slowly & slowly it would be ok.

onlykami

MPA (400+ posts)

I also has the same comment, But if you still want to use social network then there is replacement http://plus.google.com this google network is approx. blast facebook.