Ramadan special:Yeh Ghazi Yeh Tere Purisrar Banday-Episode-08-Musa Bin Nusair+Tariq Bin Ziy

saheeen

Councller (250+ posts)
BrassTacks program Yeh Ghazi on Timeline of the Muslim History. In this episode Zaid Hamid discusses the spread of Islam from North Africa into Europe. The Governor of Africa Musa Bin Nusair who followed the footspteps of Uqba Bin Nafe Al-Fihri, spread the message of Islam in the entire North Africa. He sent Tariq Bin Ziyad (a Berber slave originally) as his commander to Hispania/AlAndalus (Spain). 'It is said whilst sailing across the sea, which separates Africa from Andalus, he saw in his dream the Prphet (SAW) surrounded by arabs of the Muhajiruun and Ansaars, who with unsheathed swords and bended bows stood by him. They also heard the Prophet (SAW) say " Take courage, O Tariq! and accomplish what you are destined to perform. " On hearing this, he looked around him and saw the Messenger (SAW) of Allah and his companions entering Andalus. Tariq immediately awoke from his sleep with a smile, and from that moment on he never doubted victory'. Tariq advanced towards a small mountain in the sea which later became known as Jabal Tariq (Mount Tariq) derived from which is the modern name: Gibraltar.Here Tariq and his army disembarked into the darkness of the night. He then set fire to his fleet and in his determination to conquer Andalus he told his army " I have now burnt the ships, and now there is no return for us and here we will conquer or die fighting." After victory in the Battle of Guadalete in which the Visigoth King Roderick died the whole country was open for the Muslim Army.The entire Iberian Peninsula was conquered within few years.

Jazakallah

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Great Mr Z Hamid. Keep it up and try to wake up this Sleeping Nation by Telling such stories of Great Muslims.

Both Tums up for Z Hamid

Muhammad Ikhlaq Siddiqui

Minister (2k+ posts)
He then set fire to his fleet and in his determination to conquer Andalus he told his army " I have now burnt the ships, and now there is no return for us and here we will conquer or die fighting." I have heard k burning boats wala waqiya pakistan k ilawa kahin b history main nhi milta!!!!!isn't it strange ?????????Anybody has the idea?????

Muhammad Ikhlaq Siddiqui

Minister (2k+ posts)
He then set fire to his fleet and in his determination to conquer Andalus he told his army " I have now burnt the ships, and now there is no return for us and here we will conquer or die fighting." I have heard k burning boats wala waqiya pakistan k ilawa kahin b history main nhi milta!!!!!isn't it strange ?????????Anybody has the idea?????

Aftab Iqbal once elaborated its details in the segment Dialogue with history of his programme Hasb e Haal at dunya tv