our intelligent army???they dont know the difference between B.A and M.A

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
(UPDATED WITH PRROF))our intelligent army???they dont know the difference between B.A and M.A

a short story about my friend's friend in his own worlds

i applied for lecturer position in an army public school. i have done B.A(4 years) in English literature and linguistics. when i tried to submit my documents they refused to accept it saying that they require M.A english (after 2 year B.A). i told them that my degree is equivalent to that. Govt. of pakistan requires 16years of education for a lecturer whether u call it a B.A ,M.A or Licence(in french). further i told them that i have studied 135 credit hours of study in contract to 72 credit hours of M.A program after two year pakistani normal B.A (b.a with 6 simple subjects). so my degree is superior to them and its recognized world wide. but they said they dont know anything about it . they just want M.A prefix with degree and thats all. i went on to take this issue to principal who was a retired brigadier but he said the same.and i came back home with my documents.(later on he got job with same degree in beacon house school system with much more salary because they know about qualifications)

guys these are the people who ruled us for more than 3 decades directly and other 3 decades indirectly. look how they measure and analyze things and what is their extent of knowledge and expertise. i wont say anything else just your comments.

15 march 2011:i didnt know that people here dont know the difference between pakistani B.A and M.A(very sad) SO HERE IS THE PROOF AS WELL

Notification%20of%204-year%20Bachelor%27s%20Degree.jpg

Last edited:

khudi

Voter (50+ posts)
It,s silly post.
Pakistan army is much more smarter than ur thoughts. Donn't try to defame army.

Spartacus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dear Adnan ,
You have a B.A degree and you applied to get a post where they need M.A.
Is it ??
Did you get a M.A degree ?? Yes or not ???
If your answer is yes then you are right to say what you said......If your answer is no then you should go to those ARMY OFFICERS again and admit your mistake.

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dear Adnan ,
You have a B.A degree and you applied to get a post where they need M.A.
Is it ??
Did you get a M.A degree ?? Yes or not ???
If your answer is yes then you are right to say what you said......If your answer is no then you should go to those ARMY OFFICERS again and admit your mistake.

first it was my friend
2nd they need M.A. means 2 year B.A plus 2 year M.A which is general in pakistan and B.A (hons) is a four year program as is in USA which is equal to 16year education as well

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
It,s silly post.
Pakistan army is much more smarter than ur thoughts. Donn't try to defame army.

u r rite. they are much smarter but only at places where their benefits are involved. else they give a shit to whole country as they are doing it now

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
first it was my friend
2nd they need M.A. means 2 year B.A plus 2 year M.A which is general in pakistan and B.A (hons) is a four year program as is in USA which is equal to 16year education as well
Adnan,

This is always the confusion between Pakistani qualifications and Qualifications in western countries. The Bachelor degrees in Pakistan are for 2 years, while it is for 3 years in the UK. I think you can also select a three years degree in Pakistan; someone can correct me if I am wrong? In that case, you just need 1 year to do the Masters.

The Army was right, if they had a specific requirement of Masters, your friend didnt have the Masters. No matter what arguments of superiority he provides, the fact remains, he didnt have the Masters Degree. They were right to reject him, he didnt fulfill their requirements. They couldnt have given him preferential treatment because his degree was from overseas.

Similarly, if you have a 2 years Bachelors degree from Pakistan, it is not recognised in the UK, unless you have a 3 years degree, which would be recognised. It is not matter of superiority but they require a three year Bachelor degree program, it is matter of rules.

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
Adnan,

This is always the confusion between Pakistani qualifications and Qualifications in western countries. The Bachelor degrees in Pakistan are for 2 years, while it is for 3 years in the UK. I think you can also select a three years degree in Pakistan; someone can correct me if I am wrong? In that case, you just need 1 year to do the Masters.

The Army was right, if they had a specific requirement of Masters, your friend didn’t have the Masters. No matter what arguments of superiority he provides, the fact remains, he didn’t have the Masters Degree. They were right to reject him, he didn’t fulfill their requirements. They couldn’t have given him preferential treatment because his degree was from overseas.

Similarly, if you have a 2 years Bachelor’s degree from Pakistan, it is not recognised in the UK, unless you have a 3 years degree, which would be recognised. It is not matter of superiority but they require a three year Bachelor degree program, it is matter of rules.

u r rite . but its not the difference of conversion to UK .it was something about Pakistan. govt. of Pakistan requires 16 years of education for a lecturer whether its B.A or M.A or Licence( in french)/ issue is of content. when govt. of pakistan recognize it y didn't army public school

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)
a short told of my friend's friend in his own worlds

i applied for lecturer position in an army public school. i have done B.A(4 years) in English literature and linguistics. when i tried to submit my documents they refused to accept it saying that they require M.A english (after 2 year B.A). i told them that my degree is equivalent to that. Govt. of pakistan requires 16years of education for a lecturer whether u call it a B.A ,M.A or Licence(in french). further i told them that i have studied 135 credit hours of study in contract to 72 credit hours of M.A program after two year pakistani normal B.A (b.a with 6 simple subjects). so my degree is superior to them and its recognized world wide. but they said they dont know anything about it . they just want M.A prefix with degree and thats all. i went on to take this issue to principal who was a retired brigadier but he said the same.and i came back home with my documents.(later on he got job with same degree in beacon house school system with much more salary because they know about qualifications)

guys these are the people who ruled us for more than 3 decades directly and other 3 decades indirectly. look how they measure and analyze things and what is their extent of knowledge and expertise. i wont say anything else just your comments

Your apprehensions are not being challenged but for applying against any regular "long course" (seeking commission in Army) basic qualification needed is just F.A /F.Sc Education goes on after joining Kakul Academy and the graduation is completed before commissioning out! Afterwards, war courses are carried out in "Defense College" Quetta for senior promotions.

You are not right to blame them for not being aware that the qualifications in question (those you referred) are an equivalent of their notified standard.

Bhai, here comes the role of HEC (Higher Education Commission). Did the gentleman who faced the untoward situation ever bothered to seek help/certification from HEC? Going after 'told of your friend's friend' in not sufficient for a fair criticism! Hope it clarifies the issue, satisfactorily.

Last edited:

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
Your apprehensions are not being challenged but for applying against any regular "long course" (seeking commission in Army) basic qualification needed is just F.A /F.Sc Education goes on after joining Kakul Academy and the graduation is completed before commissioning out! Afterwards, war courses are carried out in "Defense College" Quetta for senior promotions.

You are not right to blame them for not being aware that the qualifications in question (those you referred) are an equivalent of their notified standard.

Bhai, here comes the role of HEC (Higher Education Commission). Did the gentleman who faced the untoward situation ever bothered to seek help/certification from HEC? Going after 'told of your friend's friend' in not sufficient for a fair criticism! Hope it clarifies the issue, satisfactorily.

i have clearly mentioned that its army public school not commission in army. and u r rite . for commssion in army they need F.A. thats y they dont know things above F.A level

United4Pak

Minister (2k+ posts)
First of all, these "my friends' friend told this" really irritates me when people just take one side of story supporting their side of argument and make a sweeping statement.

Secondly, let's assume if this incident was right, even then it is a very general statement for the whole of Army. Isn't it?

Senator (1k+ posts)
i have clearly mentioned that its army public school not commission in army. and u r rite . for commssion in army they need F.A. thats y they dont know things above F.A level

"Army Public Schools" are in different localities in Lahore (Alone). Do not try to be that smart! These private schools are not even registered with regional education boards. Avoid raising an issue out of a Non-Issue. Alas! you would have been nearer. Person got job in Beacon House School an average private institution. What about them who are doing M.Sc from BNU-Lahore?

Last edited:

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
"Army Public Schools" are in different localities in Lahore (Alone). Do not try to be that smart! These private schools are not even registered with regional education boards. Avoid raising an issue out of a Non-Issue. Alas! you would have been nearer.

sorry to say . but u r not updated at all. all army public school and college are registered in pakistan and yes they are in different localities.location make no difference to the topic of thread

khanpanni

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear brother, as you have written this case, it is a wrong attempt
to argue and defame the Pak Army. Pak Forces are very well organized
and have very very rare corruption, except some high level officers.
They all have educational sections for the training. If your qualification
is not equal to their demand (MA) then dont defame the whole army.
I am not army man but I have indirectly my serving people. All the forces
have their own setup and very strict promotion system.
Trebute to Pak Forces ! Pakistan Zindabad !!!(clap)

Senator (1k+ posts)
sorry to say . but u r not updated at all. all army public school and college are registered in pakistan and yes they are in different localities.location make no difference to the topic of thread
Enjoy your knowledge! Absolutely no idea what educational standards are being achieved by students getting education in BNU, LUMS and numerious other prestigious educational institutions in Pakistan. Any degree from Abroad is available on payment. (Didn't you ever receieved any such offer in your 'junk' Mail). No more arguments as i have learnt about your high standards. (Within few minutes) Stay where you are!

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)

Are you serious ? only DR Abdul qadeer khan was corrupt right ?

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)
Enjoy your knowledge! Absolutely no idea what educational standards are being achieved by students getting education in BNU, LUMS and numerious other prestigious educational institutions in Pakistan. Any degree from Abroad is available on payment. (Didn't you ever receieved any such offer in your 'junk' Mail). No more arguments as i have learnt about your high standards. (Within few minutes) Stay where you are!

If you have no argument to make so its like all news paper print lie stories & end of conversation. all people who study abroad are getting fake degrees & your universities are not even in the list of top 100 universities so what are you talking about ? we are not doing comparison of universities here we are talking abt someone who study abroad almost same credit hours as u do in pak in 4 years so we are calling ourself educated but cant read what his 4 years degree says abt his qualification & if he is wrong so why beaconhouse school give him job with more salary ?

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)

yes we are seeing how organized they are . in last 3 days two blasts happened . more than 100 died . i dont know what do u mean by organized?? if organized mean facilities, interrupting in political affairs,luxury life style. yes they are organized