Khan Speaks to Don PTI Perspective

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It has been a little painful when this story broke as it was least expected of IK to speak to the Don himself but after speaking to responsible policy makers in PTI, they feel that objectives will be achieved despite medias onslaught on this news.

This is what some of the policy makers in PTI had to say about the subject so please bear in mind the following factors in your responses.

• PLMn is going to bring a motion in NA to disqualify any foreign or dual nationality holders to be a member of PA, NA, senior bureaucrats and Political Party Senior Leadership.

• PTI feels that Altaf is the only force holding MQM and any such law will result in disintegration of MQM and PTI should extend an olive branch to MQM political workers (not target killers) to seek refuge.

• MQM had been very successful in creating ethnic biasness and peoples hearts and minds are they not willing to dump them despite the fact that every single person in Karachi knows that MQM is a terrorist organization taking cover of a political party. Chairmans conversation with the Don will soften their views as MQM projects PTIs as anti Mohajir party.

• PTI Karachi is of the opinion that after this conversation more people will have less fear and will be at ease to join PTI and can avoid to be victims of target killers. Although there will be a loss of support from many who liked IK hard stance on the Don but this will be outweighed by gaining political space in Karachi.

• There is a large silent majority of Sindhi, Mohajir and Pashtuns who are sick and tired of target killing and political turmoil every other day. PTI Karachi feels that it can gain support from all people on border lines in these communities and added to default Punjabi vote, this will be a sizeable vote bank they can start their political campaign and hoping PLMns action in point 1 above will help to have a sizeable vote bank in not too distant future.

• Some morons are suggesting a possible collaboration in Punjab, there is a tweet from chairman negating this.

Personally I agree with the strategy but not for methodology. Like MQM delegation visited Dr Alvi, delegation could have gone to Donland but Chairman himself speaking to the Don, I am disappointed but who am I, its a party decision.

Please be my guest to thrash the thread to return the honors.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
It has been a little painful when this story broke as it was least expected of IK to speak to the Don himself but after speaking to responsible policy makers in PTI, they feel that objectives will be achieved despite medias onslaught on this news.

This is what some of the policy makers in PTI had to say about the subject so please bear in mind the following factors in your responses.

• PLMn is going to bring a motion in NA to disqualify any foreign or dual nationality holders to be a member of PA, NA, senior bureaucrats and Political Party Senior Leadership.

• PTI feels that Altaf is the only force holding MQM and any such law will result in disintegration of MQM and PTI should extend an olive branch to MQM political workers (not target killers) to seek refuge.

• MQM had been very successful in creating ethnic biasness and peoples hearts and minds are they not willing to dump them despite the fact that every single person in Karachi knows that MQM is a terrorist organization taking cover of a political party. Chairmans conversation with the Don will soften their views as MQM projects PTIs as anti Mohajir party.

• PTI Karachi is of the opinion that after this conversation more people will have less fear and will be at ease to join PTI and can avoid to be victims of target killers. Although there will be a loss of support from many who liked IK hard stance on the Don but this will be outweighed by gaining political space in Karachi.

• There is a large silent majority of Sindhi, Mohajir and Pashtuns who are sick and tired of target killing and political turmoil every other day. PTI Karachi feels that it can gain support from all people on border lines in these communities and added to default Punjabi vote, this will be a sizeable vote bank they can start their political campaign and hoping PLMns action in point 1 above will help to have a sizeable vote bank in not too distant future.

• Some morons are suggesting a possible collaboration in Punjab, there is a tweet from chairman negating this.

Personally I agree with the strategy but not for methodology. Like MQM delegation visited Dr Alvi, delegation could have gone to Donland but Chairman himself speaking to the Don, I am disappointed but who am I, its a party decision.

Please be my guest to thrash the thread to return the honors.

Doors of communication must always be open irrespective of the behavior and attitude of a political party. Some times you have to bend a little to gain a little

I support IK's decision to talk to AH

Sayeen

Councller (250+ posts)
I find it bizarre why an issue based dialogue is being blowed up into a future electoral coalition of sorts. Lets assume if tomorrow ( and thats a big IF ..) the PPP govt takes a complete U-Turn and starts taking the US head-on on Drone Attacks: publicly requesting the PAF to shoot down the drones..... would PTI not support the cause - it would.
And the Chairman himself has said that he stood by the 7 point Agenda of Musharraf - not the man, and similarly, the positioning of the party during APDM was along the same lines of issue based politics.
However I feel that although the main beneficiary would undoubtedly be PTI Karachi , but is it really worth the gamble at this stage. PTI is growing in polularity and gaining momentum by the day... PLMN and other parties would be hell bent on blowing this out of proportion and gaining political milage by maligning PTI . Thats the question I have.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
:lol::lol::lol:
Stop worrying about MQM and start worrying about how to get your party out of the internet into politics!! PTI is nothing, MQM is a strong party based on strong foundations. Again worry about your own.

Also PTI is deluded if it thinks it can win anything in Karachi wihout having any presence on the ground. Listen to what your political guru Haroon Rasheed has to say, That PTI has faced the most opposition in Karachi from JI and PML-N.

:lol::lol: PTI and its supporters have gone beyond optimism into delusion!!

Last edited:

dagreat123

Siasat.pk - Blogger
@geo g PT has taken a huge gamble,as we all know PTI is gaining ,momentum day by day,but this would hurt as people would doubt and really doubt PTI now and we will lose support a wrong move at the wrong stage!!

GeoG

@geo g PT has taken a huge gamble,as we all know PTI is gaining ,momentum day by day,but this would hurt as people would doubt and really doubt PTI now and we will lose support a wrong move at the wrong stage!!

It was disappointing, no doubt
But lets fight this battle with Altaf when we have power in hand, full or partial..

Last edited by a moderator:

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
Whatever it was... it was quite embarrassing for my PTI friends...

I have always said... we should never ever resort to pompous arguments filled with pride... because HE doesn't like it...

All those who are trying to establish reasons for this... if could have just refrained from whatever they have been saying.... they wouldnt be trying to establish all those reasons ..If you doubt my words... kindly check your earlier posts of the last few months...

بہرحال میری ہمدردیاں آپ كے ساتھ ہیں۔۔۔

اللہ پاكستان كی حفاظت كرے۔۔۔

enigma_1357

MPA (400+ posts)

I have always said... we should never ever resort to pompous arguments filled with pride... because HE doesn't like it...

All those who are trying to establish reasons for this... if could have just refrained from whatever they have been saying.... they wouldnt be trying to establish all those reasons ..If you doubt my words... kindly check your earlier posts of the last few months...

although Imran khan spoke to Marss e Azam, still it doesn't exonerate him(K*al*a) from his crimes. MQM ppl have to change their strategy to become a political. Imran khan conversation with Marass e azam will never change MQM's status from mafia to political party

GeoG

Let you borrow your own words
Sahib Zahmon Par Namak Tou Na Chirkain

Salik

Senator (1k+ posts)
ؓبالكل صاحب۔۔۔۔
معذرت۔۔۔

That was not a taunt...

I am still trying to fight with my deep depression on Davis release.. ... and these days I really dont feel like participating in any sort of argument on the forum...

It was just an advice...But you see....... some people never learn...

although Imran khan spoke to Marss e Azam, still it doesn't exonerate him(K*al*a) from his crimes. MQM ppl have to change their strategy to become a political. Imran khan conversation with Marass e azam will never change MQM's status from mafia to political party

malikbhai

MPA (400+ posts)
It was disappointing, no doubt
But lets fight this battle with Altaf when we have power in hand, full or partial..
mere bhaiyoon har cheez kai kai dhaikhnai kai bahut sai zawiye hote hain, don't get disappinted and plz read my views on this issue, thanks.
http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?59866-%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86-%DA%AF%D8%B1-%D9%BE%DA%91%DB%92-%D8%B3%D8%AC%D8%AF%DB%92-%D9%85%DB%8C%DA%BA-%D8%AC%D8%A8-%D9%88%D9%82%D8%AA-%D9%82%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A2%DB%8C%D8%A7.

usm100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Imran is only trying to be a politician who does not have any rules. Only rule is how to get in power, thats what he is working for now. The educated youth loved him not for being a politician but to be honest and what credibility will be left when he tells all the pakistan that MQM is a terrorist organization and now he sits with them. So what ever he tells us today, we should think he might change tomorow???