Is GEO TV american channel in Pakistan?

masti123

Citizen
This is all started when one of my friend told me that his friend was working in GEO Pakistan and was responsible for the program ALIF, due to the conflict topic in ALIF, some unknown people was firing his and his coworkers houses every week. Then he got a new posting to VOA in america, and the strange thing was that he did not get a new job, it was simply a transfer or posting from one location (GEO Pakistan) to another location (VOA), which was strange for me and I start doing surfing to the net to find out the fact and here I am now asking this question to everyone. He has also mentioned that most of the funding for GEO is comes from VOA, which I have not find out yet, the only information I found is that some of the programs are funded by VOA in their own interest.

So please share your information on this matter.......

Urdu Service

The Voice of America program Khabron Se Aage (Beyond the Headlines) is telecast in Pakistan by GEO TV, VOA's affiliate and one of the country's most popular stations. Voice of America pays an undisclosed amount of money to GEO TV to telecast its broadcast but in spite of this arrangement has been forced to take off many of its programmes on numerous occasions due to conflicts with GEO TV management. This half-hour program features reports on politics, social issues, science, sports, culture, entertainment, and other issues of interest to Pakistanis as seen by the US government.

Programming

Voice of America's central newsroom has hundreds of journalists and dozens of full-time domestic and overseas correspondents, who are employees of the U.S. government or paid contractors. They are augmented by hundreds of contract correspondents and part-time "stringers" throughout the world, who file in English or in one of the VOA's 44 other radio broadcast languages, 25 of which are also broadcast on television.

In late 2005, VOA shifted some of its central-news operation to Hong Kong where contracted writers worked from a "virtual" office with counterparts on the overnight shift in Washington, D.C., but this operation was shut down in early 2008.

Many of the radio and television broadcasts are available through VOA's website at http://www.VOANews.com.

http://www.voanews.com/english/About/2005-11-10-voa69.cfm

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Voice_of_America

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
GEO tv or JEW tv? and another branches of operation is ZEE tv.to my mind these r all JEW tv via America. so Watch out.

Fawad Digital Outreach Team US State Department

????? ?? ?? ?? ????????? ?? ?? ??? ??? ???? ???? ??? ????? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ????? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ??? ?? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ?? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ?? ?? ???????? ????? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ????? ?? ??? ??? ????? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ????? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ????? ???? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ????? ??? ?? ??? ???

???? - ?????? ??? ??? ??? - ?? ??? ????? ??????????
[email protected]
http://www.state.gov

bhitai

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ????? ?? ??? ??? ????? ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ????? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ????? ???? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ????? ??? ?? ??? ???

American media outlets have been cutting back on their international reporting bureaus, often sub-contracting the job to foreign reporting agencies. This has been going on for a while, and it makes no sense from a business point-of-view. Read Michael Moore's excellent critique of the US media and decide for yourself if it makes sense at all, esp. if we go by your line that they do it to stay profitable.

The fact is: American media is beholden to Corporate America, not to their readership, for its survival. Since the Corporate America is a part of American military industrial complex (a termed used by one of your MOST popular presidents ever), your media is a part and parcel of your establishment, and NOT simply a 'business-venture' as you make it out to be. In other words, it follows an AGENDA, often serving as the govt' propaganda ministry in times of war.

"????? ????? ?? ??????????" ??? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ??????? ???????? ????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?????? ????? ????? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??? ????? ??? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ????? ???? ??? ?? ????? ???? ?? ??? ??????? ???? ??? ???????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ???? ?????

?? ?? "????? ??????????" ??? ?????? ??? ????? ???? ?? ???? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ???????? ?? ???? ???? ??? ???????? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ????? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?

?? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????? ??????? ??????? ?? ?? ????????? ?????? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ????? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ??????? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ????? ?? ????? ????? ?? ?? ???? ????????? ??? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?? ?? ??? ???????? ????? ??? ??????? ?? ?????? ?????? ????? ??? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ?? ????? ???? ?? ????? ?????? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ??? ???? ????? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???????? ???? ????? ???? ????? ??? ??? ????? ??? ????? ???? ??????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????

????? ????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ????? ???????? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ??? ?????? ????? ??? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ??????? ?????? ?? ???? ??? ???? ???? ?? ?? ??? ??????? ?? ????? ???? ??? ??? ????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ???? ??? ????? ??? ?? ???? ??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ?????? ????? ?? ????? ?? ?? ???? ????? ?? ????? ????? ?? ??? ??? ????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ???????? ??? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ????? ?? ???? ???? ??? ??????? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ??? ???

???? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ??????????
[email protected]

bhitai

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
?? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????? ??????? ??????? ?? ?? ????????? ?????? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ????? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ??????? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ????? ?? ????? ????? ?? ?? ???? ????????? ??? ?? ??? ?? ????? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ?? ?? ??? ???????? ????? ??? ??????? ?? ?????? ?????? ????? ??? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ?? ????? ???? ?? ????? ?????? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ???? ??? ???? ????? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???????? ???? ????? ???? ????? ??? ??? ????? ??? ????? ???? ??????? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????

I think the Pakistani media is fairly balanced when it comes to airing multiple points of view regarding an issue.

This is the formula of pretty much every talk-show:
1 PPP (or ally) + 1 PML-N + 1 PML-Q

Now you tell me, what could be more fair and balanced? considering the PPP guy is generally defending his government's US-friendly policies and overtures. Similarly, there are die-hard supporters of Musharraf (Mubashir Luqman comes to mind) that still appear on-air and spew their usual garbage..

And Please don't get us started on the notion of 'fairness' in media when you yourself have the worst offenders like FOX news attracting the biggest viewership in the US. Can anyone with a sane and objective mind look at Fox and NOT call it a propaganda outlet?

And while Fox might be an extreme example, there have been similar offenses committed by the so-called 'liberal' media, esp in the run-up to Iraq war.
Do you remember who Judith Miller was?

Why mention Michael moore when it only fits your agenda, considering the fact that for every Michael moore in America, there are literally 1000 journalists ready to do the government's bidding.

And lastly, please don't come here and flaunt the peanuts you throw to the Pakistani nation in the name of 'aid'. May I remind you that the total aid you have promised per year us is LESS THAN a month's worth of expenditure for your occupation troops in Iraq. So much for winning hearts and minds...

bhitai said:
And lastly, please don't come here and flaunt the peanuts you throw to the Pakistani nation in the name of 'aid'. May I remind you that the total aid you have promised per year us is LESS THAN a month's worth of expenditure for your occupation troops in Iraq. So much for winning hearts and minds...

??? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?? ?????? ????? ???????? ??? ?? ????? ??? ???? ??? ?? ???? ??? ????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?????? ??????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ??????? ?? ????? ?????? ????? ????? ??? ??? ?? ????? ???? ????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ??? ???? ???????? ????? ?? ?? ????? ?????? ??? ???????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ?? ?? ?? ????? ????? ???? ??? ???? ?? ??? ????? ??? ???? ???? ????

?????? ????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ????? ????? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ?????? ??? ?? ????? ????? ??? ?? ?? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???? ?? ?? ????? ???? ?? ???? ??????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ????? ????? ?? ???? ?? ????? ?????? ??? ????? ??? ??? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ??? ????? ????? ?? ???? ???? ??? ???? ??? ?? ?? ???? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?? ?? ??? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ???????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ???? ????? ?? ????? ????? ???? ?? ??? ??? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ????

?????? ??? ??? ???? ???? ???? ??? "????? ????" ?? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ??????? ???? ???????? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ????? ?? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ??? ????? ????? ?? ???????? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???????? ???? ??? ??? ???????? ????? ?????? ???? ???? ????? ?? ??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ???????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ???? ???? ????

??????? ?? ???? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ????? ???? ??? ?? ????? ?? ????? ?? ??????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ??? ??? ???? ???? ?? ?? ????? ??? ?????? ????? ?? ????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??????? ??? ????? ??? ?? ??? ??? ????? ????? ??? ???? ???? ???(8) ?????? 2005 ?? ??? ???? ????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ????? ??? ?? ????? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ??? ?? 67 ???? ????? ?? ????? ??? ?? ?? ??? ???? ???? ????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ????? ?? ???? 200 ???? ????? ?? ????? ????? ??????? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ??? ??? ?????? ?? ???? ????

???? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ????? ??????????
[email protected]

masti123

Citizen
The presence of the US state govt. representative here in this website make me think a lot of things... such as how surveillance they are and how negligent we are as Pakistani...

[nawaz] [shahbaz sharif] [rasheed] [imran] [altaf] [fazl] [karzai] [zardari] [musharaf] [rehman-malik] [taseer] [fozia]

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)
LOL if this fawad stupid would not have posted such defensive comments I would have given a thought about it but now I AM CERTAIN , YOU SUCK FAWAD :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , btw I always had my doubts GEO SUCKS BAD

niazi

MPA (400+ posts)
presence of amarican agent fawad in the defence of the topic itself proves that geo is an amarican channel.

AK-Loaded

Citizen
GEO tv is the most watched tv channel in pakistan and to disseminate the "news" GEO would be the perfect source.
GEO tv creats most sensation in pakistan and is always showing that the things are as bad as ever could be for pakistan.
The anchors like Hamid mir; use to be an editor of a newspaper "Ausaf" with a circulation of around 5000, at the time of afghan war he had gone to afghanistan to take osama's interview twice. Why and how could he have such networking to reach osama and why would osama give interview to a hamid mir editor of a small time newspaper and not more renowned jounalists and newspapers. Then suddenly he joins GEO tv and has meetings with american diplomats at the office of GEO tv.
When ambassador of india had a dinner at his place in honor of there independence day on August 15, the people sitting on the main table apart from the ambassador, dg isi, hamid mir was there and no other journalist was there.
Why is it so, one has to evaluate by oneself