German student asked to leave India after joining student protests: report

Spartacus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
German student asked to leave India after joining student protests: report

A German student has fled India after reportedly receiving "oral directions" from immigration authorities. He had participated in protests against legislation to expand citizenship for non-Muslim immigrants in India.

A German Physics student on Monday was reportedly asked to leave India by immigration authorities.

Jakob Lindenthal told Noida-based newspaper The Indian Express that he was given "oral instructions" to leave the country after having participated in student protests against a controversial citizenship bill.

"They said I may have to leave the country immediately for violating my student visa rules," Lindenthal told The Indian Express. "When I asked for a written letter, they returned my passport and said that I may leave. They said I will get the written letter but I did not receive one. Soon, I rushed back to IIT campus, booked my ticket, packed everything and left for the airport."

'Solidarity'

ChintaBAR, a leftist-leaning student body at the IIT Madras in Chennai, voiced solidarity with Lindenthal in a tweet.

"ChintaBAR extend solidarity and gratitude to Jakob Lindenthal, for being part of struggles to protect the rights of people in this country and his concern for humanity," it said.
The German Foreign Office told DW that the German Consulate General in Chennai was "in contact with the person concerned before his departure." However, it did not provide further details concerning his case and whether he was formally asked to leave India.

DW contacted Lindenthal but did not receive a response before publication. He reportedly missed an internal connecting flight, effectively stranding him in New Delhi until Christmas day.

Mass protests

Over the past week, hundreds of thousands of students across India have protested against a proposed law that would provide citizenship opportunities for non-Muslim migrants from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Activists have called the bill discriminatory, saying it forms part of a government campaign aimed at disenfranchising Indian Muslims. However, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has rejected such claims.

In photos circulated by Indian media, the German national held a placard apparently equating the Indian government's practices with those of Nazi Germany. It read: "1933 to 1945 — we have been there."

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
What yhe hell, why this idiot was breaking the rules?
کیونکہ دہشت گرد سرکار انسانی حقوق کی خلاف ورزی کر رہی ہے

_110289743_emfyqmru8aeq1is-1.jpg

تصاویر میں انھوں نے ایک پلے کارڈ اٹھا رکھا ہے جس پر لکھا ہے ’1933-45 وی ہیو بین دیئر‘ یعنی ہم نے یہ دور دیکھ رکھا ہے جو کہ جرمنی کی تاریخ میں نازی دور سے تعبیر ہے۔

واشنگٹن پوسٹ کی نامہ نگار نیہا مسیح نے انڈین ایکسپریس کی خبر کو ٹویٹ کرتے ہوئے لکھا ’جرمنی میں کبھی بھی کسی کو کسی قانونی مظاہرے میں شرکت کرنے کے لیے نہیں نکالا گیا۔‘

Spartacus

تصاویر میں انھوں نے ایک پلے کارڈ اٹھا رکھا ہے جس پر لکھا ہے ’1933-45 وی ہیو بین دیئر‘ یعنی ہم نے یہ دور دیکھ رکھا ہے جو کہ جرمنی کی تاریخ میں نازی دور سے تعبیر ہے۔

واشنگٹن پوسٹ کی نامہ نگار نیہا مسیح نے انڈین ایکسپریس کی خبر کو ٹویٹ کرتے ہوئے لکھا ’جرمنی میں کبھی بھی کسی کو کسی قانونی مظاہرے میں شرکت کرنے کے لیے نہیں نکالا گیا۔‘

There was no need to kick him out from the country.
Again a big mistake done by Mr.Modi .
And “1933-1945 we have been there “ may hit a new trend in democratic countries.
As well as this is the exactly what Imran khan blamed Mr.Modi .
He compared RSS and NAZI some months ago .

RAW AGENT

india is giving asylum to non muslims from pakistan , bangladesh, and afghanistan because extremist jehadi mentality muslims don't want them in their country .why the hell this idiot was protesting against non muslims of pakistan, bangladesh, afghanistan getting asylum in india ?

Spartacus

he was there for masters course in physics , he should have done his studies .

He did the best because he lives in your future .
What India is facing now German went through the process during NAZI time ( 1933-1945 ) .
You must be thankful to the person who is trying to stop you .
He compared NAZI with RSS .

RAW AGENT

He did the best because he lives in your future .
What India is facing now German went through the process during NAZI time ( 1933-1945 ) .
You must be thankful to the person who is trying to stop you .
He compared NAZI with RSS .

no he was trying to oppose non muslims of pakistan, bangladesh , afghanistan getting asylum in india being persecuted by extremists type of muslims .

Spartacus

no he was trying to oppose non muslims of pakistan, bangladesh , afghanistan getting asylum in india being persecuted by extremists type of muslims .

His message is very clear “ He lives in your future “ and that is why he warned you people .
If you read some history about how NAZI became NAZI and compare with the RSS ideology then you would also come to the conclusion that NAZI and RSS are like mirror to each other .
And exactly this is point which that German student tried to explained you people .
“ We lived in your future “ = =
“ 1933-1945 , we have been in your future “

RAW AGENT

His message is very clear “ He lives in your future “ and that is why he warned you people .
If you read some history about how NAZI became NAZI and compare with the RSS ideology then you would also come to the conclusion that NAZI and RSS are like mirror to each other .
And exactly this is point which that German student tried to explained you people .
“ We lived in your future “ = =
“ 1933-1945 , we have been in your future “

all correct ,
but why he was opposing bill which is giving asylum to hindus, qadianis , masihis, sikhs , parsis in india ?
he has simply exposed himself by playing in hands of jehadi elements who hate non muslims .

Spartacus

all correct ,
but why he was opposing bill which is giving asylum to hindus, qadianis , masihis, sikhs , parsis in india ?
he has simply exposed himself by playing in hands of jehadi elements who hate non muslims .

Dear Raw agent,
There maybe several reasons .

And one of the reason “ He thought he is in a democratic country and he has right to show his feelings in democratic way “
As in Germany anyone can show their feelings against/for on any issue.
No matter if you are a student/ worker .
I myself took part in such a demonstration in Germany long ago ( in 2007 ) while I was studying and we were against extra education fees.
I was a Pakistani student and studying in German university.
In my view he should had avoided such a demonstration in India because there is difference among “ Democracy “ and “ Like democracy “!!!

“Made in Japan “is not equal to “Made as Japan “

RAW AGENT

Dear Raw agent,
There maybe several reasons .

And one of the reason “ He thought he is in a democratic country and he has right to show his feelings in democratic way “
As in Germany anyone can show their feelings against/for on any issue.
No matter if you are a student/ worker .
I myself took part in such a demonstration in Germany long ago ( in 2007 ) while I was studying and we were against extra education fees.
I was a Pakistani student and studying in German university.
In my view he should had avoided such a demonstration in India because there is difference among “ Democracy “ and “ Like democracy “!!!

“Made in Japan “is not equal to “Made as Japan “

he should not have become party to politics in india , he was not a child .
he should have known first plight of non muslim refugees in india .

Spartacus

he should not have become party to politics in india , he was not a child .
he should have known first plight of non muslim refugees in india .

I do support your idea “ He should had avoided to take part in any demonstration “

In Germany there are several thousand of refugees.
And they do not think if these are Muslim , Sikh , Hindu , Shia , Sunni , Turks , Qurds , X , Y or Z religion .
Refugees are just refugees regardless their religion.
But the RSS think that only non Muslim can be refugees, which is totally nonsense.
The leader of Nagaland ( India ) took refugees in England and he even died there in 1990s he was not a Muslim .
Leaders of several nations took refugees in all over the world ,regardless Muslim or non Muslim .
Muslims and non Muslims of East Pakistan too refugees in India ( in 1970s ) .
Refugees are refugees regardless of their religion or their beliefs.