Dutifulness to parents

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Being kind and dutiful to parents means to obey ones parents, show them love and respect, and help them with whatever means available such as exerting effort or spending money.
It also means talking to them in the most polite and grateful manner, listening to them when they talk, and never show dissatisfaction or resentment towards them.
Indeed Islam advocates us to be kind and dutiful to our parents and deal with them in the best manner. Allaah Says (which means): {And your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them uff (a word of disrespect), nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.**[Quran 17:23-24].
Islam regards being kind and dutiful towards parents as one of the best acts of worship which a Muslim performs in order to get closer to Allaah, because parents are the direct reason for the existence and happiness of the children. On one hand, the mother spends many nights awake bringing up her children and taking care of them. She spends long nights taking care of her young child who is unable to manage any of his affairs. On the other hand, a father does his best to earn a living to support his children with food, clothing and education, and help them realize their dreams. That is why we notice that Allaah mentioned obedience to parents as being next to worshipping Him. Allaah Says (which means):
{And your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them uff (a word of disrespect), nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour.**[Quran 17:23].
Allaah even commanded children to be kind and dutiful to their parents even if they are polytheists. Allaah Says (which means): {But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.**[Quran 31:15].
Parents' Rights
If it is normal to be grateful to any person who offers you help, then parents are the worthiest of all as they deserve thankfulness and appreciation because of the help, support,
and love they show towards their children without even expecting any recompose in return.
The happiest moments in a parents' life is when they see their children in the best possible condition and the greatest of positions.

Such great parental sacrifices must be rewarded by the children by fulfilling the rights and duties of parents. Some of these rights which are mentioned in the Quran are:
Obeying them and fulfilling their requests.
Being humble towards them and dealing with them leniently and gently.
Lowering one's voice when talking to them.
Using the best and most beautiful words when talking to them.
Being dutiful to them when they are old and never show dissatisfaction for their requests, however frequent they might be.
Invoking Allaah to bestow mercy and forgiveness on them.

for more reading click here --only muslim-