Don't Let Them Fool You, Religion Is Part Of Pakistani Nationalism, And We Are A Modern Nation

az.ay

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
206671_10150128147676316_52380166315_7034592_2500568_a.jpg

Stunning how every discussion about Pakistani nationalism comes down to religion for you guys. You have a problem with religion? Fine. That's your right. But please remember that Islam has room for all shades of Muslims, from the liberal, to the religious to the very religious. Our 'issue' is not religion. If the western media is hammering into you that religion is the issue in Pakistan, then I am sorry they are wrong, and they don't get to set the agenda. East Pakistan was not lost because of religion. Pakistan was a religious statement as much as a cultural and historical one. And the Bengalis were at the forefront of this statement. You can't deny that nor can anyone else. There would be no Pakistan, no Pakistani culture [a sum of all Muslim cultures that descended on this region], and no Pakistani language [Urdu is a cultural language, an identity statement, and an expression of a long history, and not a 'ethnic language' of anyone].

We didn't lose East Pakistan because we thought Bengali culture was heavily influenced by Hindu religion. Nor did religious parties have much of an influence anywhere in Pakistan at that time. So please stop the religion-centric reading of Pakistani history and identity that almost all the so-called Pakistani 'liberals' indulge in and consider a prerequisite for being a liberal. [Note: I salute the real liberals, of the western societies, for being true to their version of liberalism. Our copycats are made-in-Taiwan fake].

Stop being apologetic about Pakistan and Pakistani nationalism or about those parts of our history that are linked to religion. There is nothing to be apologetic about. The essence of American history is Christian Pilgirms. Religion unites a modern state like Israel, and Russia. Church is part of the British constitution. Our nationalism includes our centuries-old history in this region, and it very much includes religion, in all of its splendid inlfuence in arts, culture, language and history. You can respect Pakistani nationalism with its links to religion and still enjoy a nice glass of Scotch at the end of the day if that's what you want. That's your private business. Don't be religious if you don't want to, but don't deny the right of your other compatriots to be religiuos, and don't deny Pakistan's link to religion and religion's influence on shaping Pakistani identity and nationalism.

And just because religion is part of Pakistani identity and history doesn't mean we are not a modern state where Pakistani Christians, Sikhs and Hindues are not or can't be equally patriotic citizens. They are. During PTI's anti-drones sit-in in Peshawar early this summer, a Sikh family from northern Pakistan came down to Peshawar and told Geo News reporter they would always step forward to defend Pakistan and then he stunned everyone by quoting from the Quran to support his statement. He would still be a great Pakistani if he didn't quote from the Quran, but he showed respect to his countrymen and their religious sentiments. And we respect and will defend his, most Pakistanis would.Ahmed Quraishi

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Pakistan Ka Mutlab Kiya - La ilaha IlAllah :) ..Inshallah not only Islamic Pakistan..we will also Initiate the Khilafat e Rashida Model from Pakistan and Make Pakistan an Islamic Role Model ..Inshallah :)

thanks for sharing az.ay. by the way, iam building my party website myself, slow but sure. Little help from manual, little from friends, is doin the trick.

modern kafir: your idea is great despite you are a modern kafir. Love the name

speaking of khilafat. I have been thinking about it or last few days and you mentioned it here today. I came up with a new name.

Since we can not adopt khilafat rashda, this is the new name I have come up with. Please share your input whether you like it or have better alternative. Thanks

خلافت شرقیہ
Caliphate of the East

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Brother, I think you have started off on a very bad note and the reason is ignorance of the actual rules of Islam. Let me spiritually awaken you to the Blunder you just committed, so that you may make Tauba from Allah Subhana WaTallah !

First off, you are in NO QUALIFIED position to issues fatwas when you urself are not even a meagre Authority in ISlam and secondly if you ever became an authority you will realise the Blunders you and some like minded groups like you commit up here in the name of Islam.. May Allah save you and give you toufeek for correcting your selfconcocted and self created beliefs based on which you prove wrong 100's of years of Islamic Research in a Second.

To reply to your Kafir accusation this Hadith is enough :

Here is the Link have fun : http://www.themodernreligion.com/ugly/kafr.html

[SIZE=-1]The Fastest Way to Leave Islam

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]It is always safest to assume that a non-muslim has been misguided, misinformed and fed lies and misconceptions about Islam and Muslims - don't jump to calling him a Kafir. Remove the name-calling from your articles and websites - wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry - name-calling, especially wrongly branding someone as 'evil', 'kafr' and 'manifestation of satan' - GHEEBOT - could entail dire consequences for us on Judgement Day. ---- <=== check this out Gazoo ..this is for people like you who jump the gun once to often and think later[/SIZE]:P
[SIZE=-1]Perhaps there is no faster way to leave Islam than by calling other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination.

[/SIZE]

About calling other Muslims "kafir," we read the following hadith: It is reported on the authority of Ibn `Umar that the Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) said: Any person who calls his brother: O Unbeliever! (then the truth of this label) would return to one of them. If it is true, (then it is) as he asserted, (but if it is not true), then it returns to him (and thus the person who made the accusation is an Unbeliever). [Muslim]

Therefore, if you call other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination, you could find that you have left Islam, according to the words of the Prophet (s.a.w.), in less than a second.

You understand Gazoomartian..The rest I will leave up to you ...Although I dont have much hopes from you or your like minded friends because you have committed this sin MANY MANY times ...so the only thing you can do is repent..Otherwise continue namecalling and whatever you are doing ..in essence you are digging your own grave (bigsmile)

As far the name goes i like to call is the Khilafat e Khurasan ...Since that is where the Army of Mahdi a.s. will come ...Just another suggestion ;)

thanks for sharing az.ay. by the way, iam building my party website myself, slow but sure. Little help from manual, little from friends, is doin the trick.

modern kafir: your idea is great despite you are a modern kafir. Love the name

speaking of khilafat. I have been thinking about it or last few days and you mentioned it here today. I came up with a new name.

Since we can not adopt khilafat rashda, this is the new name I have come up with. Please share your input whether you like it or have better alternative. Thanks

خلافت شرقیہ
Caliphate of the East

Last edited:

gazoomartian

Brother, I think you have started off on a very bad note and the reason is ignorance of the actual rules of Islam. Let me spiritually awaken you to the Blunder you just committed, so that you may make Tauba from Allah Subhana WaTallah !

First off, you are in NO QUALIFIED position to issues fatwas when you urself are not even a meagre Authority in ISlam and secondly if you ever became an authority you will realise the Blunders you and some like minded groups like you commit up here in the name of Islam.. May Allah save you and give you toufeek for correcting your selfconcocted and self created beliefs based on which you prove wrong 100's of years of Islamic Research in a Second.

To reply to your Kafir accusation this Hadith is enough :

Here is the Link have fun : http://www.themodernreligion.com/ugly/kafr.html

[SIZE=-1]The Fastest Way to Leave Islam

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]It is always safest to assume that a non-muslim has been misguided, misinformed and fed lies and misconceptions about Islam and Muslims - don't jump to calling him a Kafir. Remove the name-calling from your articles and websites - wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry - name-calling, especially wrongly branding someone as 'evil', 'kafr' and 'manifestation of satan' - GHEEBOT - could entail dire consequences for us on Judgement Day. ---- <=== check this out Gazoo ..this is for people like you who jump the gun once to often and think later[/SIZE]:P
[SIZE=-1]Perhaps there is no faster way to leave Islam than by calling other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination.

[/SIZE]

About calling other Muslims "kafir," we read the following hadith: It is reported on the authority of Ibn `Umar that the Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) said: Any person who calls his brother: O Unbeliever! (then the truth of this label) would return to one of them. If it is true, (then it is) as he asserted, (but if it is not true), then it returns to him (and thus the person who made the accusation is an Unbeliever). [Muslim]

Therefore, if you call other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination, you could find that you have left Islam, according to the words of the Prophet (s.a.w.), in less than a second.

You understand Gazoomartian..The rest I will leave up to you ...Although I dont have much hopes from you or your like minded friends because you have committed this sin MANY MANY times ...so the only thing you can do is repent..Otherwise continue namecalling and whatever you are doing ..in essence you are digging your own grave (bigsmile)

As far the name goes i like to call is the Khilafat e Khurasan ...Since that is where the Army of Mahdi a.s. will come ...Just another suggestion ;)

Are you NUTS? I was paying you a compliment geeeeeez. I also mentioned that loved yer name.

khilafat-e-Khurasaan is not a bad name either. Worth considering.

this is a ridiculous phrase. I have never seen a corpse digging his own grave, drop in and cover self with dirt.

So, NO, I am not digging my own grave

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Good..if that wasnt your intention then May Allah Bless you :) . Around here I ever so often hear this label being metted out to others in a HeartBeat ...so I felt I should elaborate ..I would still be careful by even playing with such a term :) ..it could be dangerous brother...so that it doesnt give the wrong idea to any other person.

Anyways glad you like my proposed name ...lets bring more on ...

Are you NUTS? I was paying you a compliment geeeeeez. I also mentioned that loved yer name.

this is a ridiculous phrase. I have never seen a corpse digging his own grave, drop in and cover self with dirt.

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
And my name is MODERN FAKEER ....like Fakeer - wanting of devine mercy and love ..not kaf** :):)...God Bless

Good..if that wasnt your intention then May Allah Bless you :) . Around here I ever so often hear this label being metted out to others in a HeartBeat ...so I felt I should elaborate ..I would still be careful by even playing with such a term :) ..it could be dangerous brother...so that it doesnt give the wrong idea to any other person.

Anyways glad you like my proposed name ...lets bring more on ...

onlykami

MPA (400+ posts)
kon keh raha hai yeh baat .................. agar tum jaisay log khilafat lay aai tu ... wo kya kaha tha iqbal nay sharma gai yahood o hanood

Pakistan Ka Mutlab Kiya - La ilaha IlAllah :) ..Inshallah not only Islamic Pakistan..we will also Initiate the Khilafat e Rashida Model from Pakistan and Make Pakistan an Islamic Role Model ..Inshallah :)

onlykami

MPA (400+ posts)
hahahaha.... lol gazoo g tusi v great ho :lol:................ pa g aap nay us becharay ko modern kafir keh dya aur upar say keh rahay ho k compliment kya wah kya compliment kya hai [hilar]

1 ummah

Councller (250+ posts)
wich will stretch from spain to Indonesia ..and expand like b4 inshalah!!

gazoomartian

And my name is MODERN FAKEER ....like Fakeer - wanting of devine mercy and love ..not kaf** :):)...God Bless

[hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar](cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)

How did I get THAT mixed up!!!!

from FAKEER to KAFIR, quiet a transition!!!

sorry brother, the whole crossfire is now invalid, since I sincerely screwed up

sorry

az.ay

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
We can be an Islamic state, and we can be modern. Islam was not sent for the people of the 7th century. It was sent for the people till the time of The Judgement Day.

We are proud.
We are Muslims.
We are citizens of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.