Can we (Overseas Pakistanis) free Pakistan from US aid? If yes, what steps should be taken?

PkRevolution

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Unfortunitly it is true that people in our country can be bought by US dollars. I feel ashamed for such people to be called as muslims and Pakistanis.

I would like to discuss this with Pakistani brothers how it could be handle? What role should overseas Pakistanis play to help active their country.

* Overseas Pakistanis sent 1.05 billion Dollar in month of March 2011 to Pakistan

What steps should ministry for overseas Pakistanis take?

I am sure we can help Pakistan get rid of US aid.

Allah Pakistan ki Hifazat Farmae. AAMin

http://tribune.com.pk/story/146492/record-high-remittances-cross-1b-mark-in-march/

Farooq Khan

MPA (400+ posts)
Pakistan need big time help from Honourable and Clean People in the Political Arena only problem is right now we have only Dakooz and Choors in power and what we have in stand by also Corrupt in nature.First we must have Clean and Honoust people in the Parliament and other Institutions in the country than Insha Allah overseas Pakistanis are there to help and i would say than they must help without proper setup all $$$$$ will go directly in to the bank accounts of our politicians.One more thing people of Pakistan must learn to vote for the right candidate and stop voting like in the past.

anyie1

i am going to be honest,,, till the time this govt is in power we should all stop sending money and keep saving. when new govt that we think is honest and loyal to the country comes in power we should send it and fill the treasury. the money we send now is robbed somehow by these looters and our country does not get any benefit out of it. i have stopped sending the money already and saving it here. and i have promised to myself that i will send it and invest it in some kind of project when someone honest comes in power. this is my belief . i don't know about anyone else.

anyie1

i agree with you. but all overseas pakistanies should be united,
Pakistan need big time help from Honourable and Clean People in the Political Arena only problem is right now we have only Dakooz and Choors in power and what we have in stand by also Corrupt in nature.First we must have Clean and Honoust people in the Parliament and other Institutions in the country than Insha Allah overseas Pakistanis are there to help and i would say than they must help without proper setup all $$$$$ will go directly in to the bank accounts of our politicians.One more thing people of Pakistan must learn to vote for the right candidate and stop voting like in the past.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Even if all trees in Pakistan may start growing dollars instead of leaves;
rain may shower Euros instead of water, whatever and whichever, IN THE
PRESENCE OF PRESENT SYSTEM MARRED BY DISHONESTY IN EVERYTHING
AND INSINCERITY TO EVERYTHING AND THE CONCEPT OF PERSONAL
INTERESTS ARE STRONGER THAN THE NATIONAL INTEREST
, everything
will perish? just to remind you what we did with Iqra Tax?
Even Allah does not change the state of a nation until and unless
they change it what is in themselves!!!!!!!

voiceofz

Citizen
-send money to pakistan through proper channels
-play role in changing the world perception about pakistan
-help pakistan in building institutions by sharing your global experience and knowledge
-when/if possible make some investment in education or health sector
-never let your hope die because we can do it

Pakistan Zindabad

United4Pak

Minister (2k+ posts)
I know sending money would be the easiest option but rather better option would be to educate our family, friends and people around us to vote sincere and honest people regardless of which party they belong. If we could leave our differences because of our sects, biradri, ethnicity and bring sincere people who can run Pakistan then you will see that these people wouldn't need any money from anyone otherwise sending money could go to waste like it has dine in the past.

It's time we learn we have to forgive what happened in the past and look towards what we can do in future. Only then we will be successful.

canadian

Overseas Pakistanis are doing their part by remitting $1.05 billion a month which is 18 billion dollars a year,a collosal sum of money.Please note that due to bad political envoirnment and law and order situation in the Country no investment is being
made by Expatriates in industrial,finance and other sectors otherwise the amount would at least be double and generated
hundreds of thousands jobs.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Ask Nawz Sharif , he started a game like that , in his time , qarz utaro Mulk sanwaro , what happened with that?

He did nothing with that money...and he seized the foreign currency account...

He was more dangerous than Zardari in his time...

Now who will trust in Zardari?

People of Pakistan could do this, but our rulers will not let us do this. they got commission out of all loans...

What do u think , If Zardari and PPP is getting loan , they also get commission as kick back....

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

To whom you will vote if the candidates are Zardari , Nawaz , Altaf Huaain , Mulla D. Fazal , Wali Khan ....?

This was like a baby whose father is drunk and killer of of his mother ...So to whom baby will ask help...

Mush did this kind of situation within 10 years and finished every thing...evry department , just for US whiskey...Very sad...

ASQR1

First of all Pakistanis should not shy away from speaking he truth considering following reason and elements

1. All eloquent Pakistanis must stop those who want to use violence to put their point across.
2. All overseas Pakistanis must come one voice and write to all Leaders and Pakistan telling them the truth about how they lost Bangladesh and their stupidity is harming Pakistan badly.
3. all these Leaders must be fired and new blood with respectable background brought in who are very intelligent and know how to communicate in English eloquently.Just like Quid.
4. All molvies must be told the real Islam of peace and help their areas poor, orphans and widows to feed, cloth and clean the areas every day between morning and Azhar prayers.
5. Any critical action taken on behalf of Pakistan must be supported by the people at large, the pulse of the people must be adhered to all the time.
6. All the money belonging to these rich guys be brought back right away and put to work in Pakistan.
7. Pakistan can the bread basket of world, and if agriculture is made priority, it can not only feed Pakistan it can being in lot of foreign exchange.
8. No one out of our Leaders or rich drive big expansive cars, they must drive by themselves small cars, drive bikes set examples for other Pakistanis. a healthy way to live.
9. No one is allowed to live in mentions, no matter how rich they are, live humbly, and within the means of Pakistan.
10. One hour a day all Pakistanis get out and clean their cities and plant flowers and take care of orphans, widows and be kind to animals.
11. All criminals must be made to pay for their crimes, but crimes will diminish if rich behave and stop flaunting their power and money and start looking after poor they way Islam tells.
12. Only those who know the tact of negotiation are to lead the country so that they know how to talk with clever foreigners.
14. A census must be carried out for women coverings based on Islam and it values of freedom for all, it must be taken into considerations about men clean hearts and minds.

For now let us see if I am o. keyed by my friends on this forum and that this is the route to go. Thank you and May Allah S.W.T. bless all. Ameen

Last edited:

l_pak

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Overseas Pakistani will send money to Pakistan and the corrupt people will get loan from the banks, and then they will never return that loan.
I think overseas Pakistani should pressurize the govt. and request to Court (Azad Adleya) to ask looter to return the looted money otherwise we will stop send money to Pakistan.

jony1

MPA (400+ posts)
unite yourselfas a nation under one flag and give a massage to the world that you are a nation. which seems really impossible as far our leaders are there in power. we have to decide who can better govern ou country and vote for him and then you will see. how meria or any other will respect Pakistan.

PkRevolution

I know that trust is missing. Trust on leadership. Trust where the money will be spent. Thinking is absolute correct.

I think we are unite at one point: US aid (seen in long term) is harming Pakistan in all respects.

Now another question:

Suppose we have a honest leadership (I know it is difficult but let us do;-) ), who refuses US financial aid from today onwards. Don't you think we need a buffer fund (Financial Security) how we will be able to finance the running expenses???

Raheem

Banned
Absolutely YES! but it is only possible if have an honest leadership.

We need Imran Khan for in order this to happen
Imran Khan no, no, because he is in the lap of Army and establishment, and please do not propogate PTI on this forum as i think then every body will start using for their leaders