We Stood No Chance, Pakistani's Protected Us, They Were Ready to Die for Us

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Somebody plz dig Pak Army role in ending LTTE , Prabakhran and Co in Srilanka ..... Have heard many stories but they need to be verified ..... Even have heard Pak Airforce trained srilankans and actively bombed the smithreens out of Tamil Tigers .....

Jamal1

MPA (400+ posts)
Somebody plz dig Pak Army role in ending LTTE , Prabakhran and Co in Srilanka ..... Have heard many stories but they need to be verified ..... Even have heard Pak Airforce trained srilankans and actively bombed the smithreens out of Tamil Tigers .....

Khan sahab janey doo, taqat woo hoti hai jis a dushman ko pata he na ho jasey Abhinandan kay sath howa tha uss ko pata hi nahi that Endia meh haii ya Pakistan meh ;)

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
This is also well know, that Pakistan helped the Sri Lankan govt by supplying them weapons and tech along with "positioning some highly trained officers"

Our Army is a well oiled fighting force not like those phuddard chaddis. But its only the traitor rat bastards like baji amrood who keep screaming against the army..

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
yusuf kazzab follower making a come back I see. first you must send laanat on yusuf kazzab. second tell the world that you were a a manager for brinks security and your job was to install security cameras in banks meaning YOU HAVE NO ACTUAL MILITARY EXPERIENCE

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
yusuf kazzab follower making a come back I see. first you must send laanat on yusuf kazzab. second tell the world that you were a a manager for brinks security and your job was to install security cameras in banks meaning YOU HAVE NO ACTUAL MILITARY EXPERIENCE
Yeh kya laal topi wali sarkar ka zikr ho raha hai?

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Most probably because a hollywood movie was made on the subject.

It was a big thing, everyone alive of a reasonable age knew about this. Pakistani soldiers also played a big part in protecting Saudi and taking back the town of Khobar in the first gulf war along with many other operations in that war

Pakistani Peacekeeping forces and actions are well know and appreciated globally, we are one of the frontier peacekeepers
Absolutely spot on. It was the hollywood movie Black Hawk down which was eye opener. Its not that all Pakistan Army where abouts in media domains are known.
We are UN peace keepers.
For this domain exposer on where abouts of Pak Army the Pak govt should create 1000 Youtubers in Sync with its forces throughout the globe?
It will certainly help on 2 fronts =
A) media broadcasting or like Indians call propuganda
B) facts on the ground

Wadaich

Most people don't know how Pak military was involved in Bosnia during the war.

Just like they don't know that Pak Air Force Pilots downed Israeli Jets in IsraHell-Arab war. Uniforms of Israeli Pilots is part of Air Force Museum.

jani1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
6. Pakistan's Role In Bosnian War:
23.jpg

Right after independence Armenian forces invaded Azerbaijani territories in Nagorno Karabakh region, and massacred a large number of Azerbaijani civilians notably in the town of Khojaly, in order to ethnically cleanse the region of Muslims. Pakistan is one of a few countries in the world that recognizes this horrific atrocity as a genocide. There have been reports that, Pakistan covertly organized and transported up to 3000 Hizb-e-Islami fighters working for Gulbadin Hekmetyar to Azerbaijan, and flew them out of Peshawar via Iran onto Baku.22 From where they were sent to the frontlines in Nagorno Karabakh to selflessly fight to save thousands of Azerbaijani lives from the oppression of the Armenian army.23

Another issue that earned enormous respect for Pakistan among the Turks, is how Pakistan went all out to help the Bosnians resist a genocidal Serb aggression in the Yugoslavian Civil War. To understand why Bosnia is important to the Turkish people, we need to look at the historical Ottoman ties to the Balkans. Bosnia was the farthest region of the Ottoman Empire for almost 445 years and Ottomans invested heavily in military and civil infrastructure at the borderlands. One of the Ottoman Grand Viziers had even been a Bosnian named Sokollu Mehmet Pasha and even today a street in the center of Sarajevo is named after him. In October 2011 Mustafa Ceric, the president of the Islamic community of Bosnia and Herzegovina, stated: “Turkey is our mother, so it was, so it will remain.” Turkish President Recep Erdogan has also been quoted as saying that, Alija Izetbegovic the first president of Bosnia had told him that, “Bosnia is an inheritance of the Ottomans.”

In February of 1994, Pakistan’s prime minister accompanied by the Turkish Prime Minister Tansu Ciller arrived in Sarajevo Bosnia. They braved Serb artillery fire from higher ground positions surrounding the Bosnian Capital. They issued statements lamenting the indifference of the European powers, and protested the silence of the international community and expressed their reservations on the unfair arms embargo upon the warring sides. The embargo was not working for the Serbs and Croats who were able to smuggle weapons because it was them who controlled the international border posts. Only the Bosnians being landlocked, couldn't import or even smuggle weapons to protect themselves. This had allowed the ruthless Bosnian Serb General Ratko Mladic to violate the United Nations Safe Zone in Srebrenica, by disregarding the Dutch UN Peacekeeping contingent, who simply stepped aside when confronted with an overwhelming number of Serb troops. This had resulted in one of the worst atrocities of the Bosian War where the vicious Serb forces rounded up and massacred tens of thousands of Bosnian muslim men in a systematic campaign of ethnic cleansing.

24-1.jpg

Soldiers of Pakistan Army in UN Peacekeeping Force protecting Bosnian Civilians

In the following years Pakistan and Turkey became the two largest hosts of Bosnian refugees in the world and both countries sent the largest numbers of their soldiers as UN peacekeepers to protect civilians in Bosnia Herzegovina, especially when European countries were pulling their soldiers from UN peacekeeping duties. Pakistan’s President Sardar Farooq Leghari officially declared in a meeting of Muslim countries in Geneva in July 1995 that, the UN arms embargo was illegal and subsequently Pakistan’s intelligence agencies developed and implemented a covert plan to help the Bosnians resist this active genocide. Pakistan sought Saudi financing, Turkish logistic help and tacit American approval to ship large quantities of modern weapons to the Bosinian fighters.24 It developed into such a successful covert operation of systematically supplying weapons and training that, it finally helped turn the tide of the entire war in Bosnia’s favor, and forced the Serbs and the Croats to negotiate for peace. The key factor that helped the Bosnians resist overwhelming Serbs heavy weapons was the arrival of Pakistani manufactured Baktar Shikan Anti Tank Guided Missiles in the hands of the Bosnian soldiers.

This brought an end to the brutal civil war with a negotiated settlement at the Dayton Agreement signed on 14 December 1995, and provided a chance for the Bosnian people to finally live in peace with their neighbors. Pakistan’s immense support for a cause highly dear to the hearts of the Turkish people also helped in bringing the two nations closer.

(Copied Content)

Once in Washington, i was out on desi dine out in shalwar kameez and peshawari chappal. I sat in a Turkish diner with a few friends and someone placed his hand on my shoulder, i look up, a young man in a suit is looking down on me, he smiled and asked me to stand up - awestruck i obliged. He asked me to give him a hug, at this point i just didn't want to be rude so i gave him a hug. He politely asked if he could join our table, there were no women in our company so i said okay, let it be another dude fest. He sits down, greets other friends, we're all trying to be polite. I served him Turkish tea, beleklava and asked for his introduction.

He smiles, looks at my face and says my name is Onur and I'm from Bosnia. He said that you must be wondering why i just waltzed in and gave you a hug? - i was like yea. He said that when he was a child, it was the time of the Serb, Bosnian war, the Serbs were massacring us with genocidal intent. We were helpless as we had no army, no weapons and we weren't trained. We had light arms and serbs had Tanks, we stood no chance. Serbs would bring armor into our villages and kill the Muslim men and boys, they'd kidnap the women and girls and left the old people to bury the dead.

In those days, no one helped us. Then the Pakistan's Army arrived and along with them came the covert operators who started to arm and train us. They brought anti tank missiles which in Bosnia became known as the 'Green Arrows' (Baktar Shikan ATGMs). They would also fight with us against the Serbs and those missiles put an end to the use of Tanks. Suddenly the tables had turned and Serbs were paying a heavy toll once they were no longer protected by armor.

He said that the Pakistanis protected our families and were willing to die for us and they did. Therefore when i saw you in a Shalwar Kameez, i was sitting across the hall and i just had to come and give my thanks.

I was speechless, as one of own relatives had done a 5 year service in Bosnia with the UNPKF. We told him that it was a pleasure and we are glad to hear about this. We sat there for two hours, shared our meal and chatted. We parted after greeting warmly and i can't forget the look in his eyes. Proud to be a Pakistani
Great read however I didn't know about our involvements in Bosnia war.

jani1

not only that....

بظاہر دیکھیں تو آج ہم ایک تیسری دنیا کا ملک ہیں۔۔ مگر ایک زمانے میں ہم نے یورپین چیمپین جرمنی کو قرض دیا۔۔۔عربوں کی جنگی مدد کی۔۔۔ان کی ایئرلائن انڈسٹری بنائی۔۔۔۔۔ہماری وجہ سے ہی قدرت نے وسطی ایشائی کئی مسلمان ریاستوں کو ان کی آزادی دی۔۔۔۔۔۔تاریخ پڑھیں تو چین آج جو ہے، اس میں اس کی محنت تو ہے ہی مگر ہمارا ایک بڑا کردار بھی ہے۔۔ اسے ہم نے ہی دنیا میں متعارف کرایا۔۔۔

سری لنکا کی دہائی پر محیط تامل ٹائگر کے ساتھ جنگ ختم کرائی۔۔۔ بوسنیا میں امن لانے میں ایک بڑا کردار ادا کیا۔۔جس کا ذکر اوپر کیا گیا ہے۔۔۔ اور آج بھی افریکہ میں ہماری فوج امن کا کردار ادا کررہی ہے۔۔۔

https://siasat.pk/forums/threads/ka...istan-turkiye-brotherhood-a-must-read.758433/

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Shout out I am going to make Youtube video on todays topic on my channel.
First do some through research on the background of the conflict who was involved, what was the issue, what was the level of involvement in the Pakistani peacekeepers. Study the subject throughly first. You just learnt about it half an hour ago and in a few you want to make a video can only imagine what half baked facts will be in it.

So no hurry, do your proper research get all the facts,

karachiwala

Most probably because a hollywood movie was made on the subject.

It was a big thing, everyone alive of a reasonable age knew about this. Pakistani soldiers also played a big part in protecting Saudi and taking back the town of Khobar in the first gulf war along with many other operations in that war

Pakistani Peacekeeping forces and actions are well know and appreciated globally, we are one of the frontier peacekeepers
I met a very your Captain of Pakistan Marines who had been to Mogadishu as Peace Keepers and that was the first time I realized John Rambo and all super heroes are nothing more than a fairy-tale story. got a lot of first hand experiences and also bloopers and atrocities committed by the super power

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I met a very your Captain of Pakistan Marines who had been to Mogadishu as Peace Keepers and that was the first time I realized John Rambo and all super heroes are nothing more than a fairy-tale story. got a lot of first hand experiences and also bloopers and atrocities committed by the super power
Sir G I am from Chakwal, a place where every family has members in the armed forces , a lot of my own close relatives like cousins are in the Army, Colonels in ISI etc etc. We don't hear from them for months and then they suddenly show up, sometime with big mustaches and beards, sometimes with long hair, sometimes bald, a different get up every time and when asked where have you been, and even upon asking whats this all about they never even tell family members.

Logon ko andaza nahi hai what all goes on behind the scenes, yeh rambo shambo to awein hain.

jani1

First do some through research on the background of the conflict who was involved, what was the issue, what was the level of involvement in the Pakistani peacekeepers. Study the subject throughly first. You just learnt about it half an hour ago and in a few you want to make a video can only imagine what half baked facts will be in it.

So no hurry, do your proper research get all the facts,

اس کے علاوہ بظاہر تو فوج زمین پر تھی مگر آئی ایس آئی کا اہم کردار اس میں کیا تھا۔۔۔ اس پردوچار رائیٹروں کو پڑھیں۔۔یا دو چار ویب سائیٹس پر ہی سرچ کریں۔۔ پھر اچھی ویڈیو بنے گی۔۔

Pakistan became the fourth largest contributor of troops to the UN peacekeeping forces in Bosnia and pledged to keep its soldiers there to protect Bosnian Muslims and confront the Serbs while France and other countries wanted to withdraw their troops for the safety of their soldiers.