Why everyone criticizing Nawaz Sharif? - Mehar Bukhari raises very important point

IMQAYA

Senator (1k+ posts)
شھباز شریف کو اگر نواز شریف سے غداری کرنا ھوتی تو 1999 میں کر لیتا، شھباز شریف کبھی نواز شریف سے غداری نھیں کرے گا،
1999 main Baba Sharif zinda tha iss liyay mushkil tha

Muhd. Faheem

Voter (50+ posts)
Firstly I am also against the worshiping of leader. Every single pakistani is blindly following their leaders and that is our problem. Secondly you said PPPP and MQM has good team, are you serious ? The problem with current government is corruption but lack of credible people with in party. Their is not single minister who is credible. non of the party(excluding PML N) has good team which can make policies. I called it think tank . Please have a look into all parties and try to find credible peoples. Only PML N has the leaders like Ishaq Dar , Khawajh Asif , Shahbaz Sharif (the best administrator in pakistan) , zafar ali shah , ch nisar , saad rafique , Mehtab abbasi hanif abbassi etc. So In my opinion we should focus on team too

You probably are right that PML(N) has a better team and on the face of it they look sincere too. I, for one honestly believed that the sharifs must have learned from their mistakes from getting nurtured in the lap of a dictator to amassing wealth using their positions of power to acting as incompetent leader and squandering their majority to making a deal with another dictator to then going and sitting in the laps of saudis and in turn forever indebted to the saudis for life to then taking part in elections in 2008 to letting musharraf get away from the country to then making deals with zaradari to supporting zardari to the point of sustaining him and then strengthening him......the list is long - but, i thought that may be they learned from their mistakes - based on the their actions and words in the last few months and specially last few weeks had me utterly disappointed in their leadership.....they are after all what we call tradtional and typical political leaders. Without vision and clarity!

Also, a good team in pakistani context doesnt mean anything. Its very unfortunate that we have a culture of personality worship - why do you think that we find factions or all kinds in political parties - its because these so called lover of democracy political parties' leaders cant stand the concept of democracy in their own parties! Some other parties have good teams too - look at MQM, or even PPP but whats happening there - that good leadership is taken hostage by the inept and incompetent personality who run their parties as their personal fiefdoms even though they put up charades in the form of central executive committees or rabita comittees.....so, in pakistan's context we have to look at the individual top leaders and their capabilities and forget about the team.......

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Firstly I am also against the worshiping of leader. Every single pakistani is blindly following their leaders and that is our problem.

Good - at least we agree on this point.

Secondly you said PPPP and MQM has good team, are you serious ? The problem with current government is corruption but lack of credible people with in party. Their is not single minister who is credible. non of the party(excluding PML N) has good team which can make policies. I called it think tank . Please have a look into all parties and try to find credible peoples. Only PML N has the leaders like Ishaq Dar , Khawajh Asif , Shahbaz Sharif (the best administrator in pakistan) , zafar ali shah , ch nisar , saad rafique , Mehtab abbasi hanif abbassi etc. So In my opinion we should focus on team too

Okay, I think I made couple of mistakes - first, I meant to say leaders but I used the same term you used, team. Second, I think I was not able to clarify my point.
I think we are saying the same thing - I dont have a problem with you following PML-N or being its supporter, its absolutely your prerogative. The point I was trying to make was that there are good individual leaders with capabilities in all parties but they are held hostage by one man shows and dictatorial trends in the political parties. And, yes PML-N is prone to this too. Also, there are indeed good individual leaders in PPP and MQM - You mentioned shahbaz sharif as a good administrator - now people call mustafa kamal of mqm as a very good administrator too - they may already have been sidelined or if they are not they are keeping quiet at this time. I am sure that if zardari, altaf or sharifs are hit by a bus tomorrow these good leaders will abandon ship in a jiffy.....they may be good leaders but they show lack of self confidence and there are reasons for them feeling this way too.

But, one thing I am going to say is that PML-N may have good individual leaders but they are held hostage by the sharifs - if the sharifs make a decision on the advice of the saudis since they are indebted to them for bailing them out - then the "good" individual leaders of the party will not be able to veto that decision. All parties are prone to this trend in pakistan - I am going to say something which PTI supporters will not like but Imran Khan himself have a tendency to be dictatorial - it showed in his cricket playing days (it was either my way or the highway) ....now lets hope that he has learned a thing or two after the hard slog of 15/16 years....

BulandPak

Banned
Nawaz Shareef is the last standing Boulder. He is obviously a thorn in the eye of Pakistani Military establishment and its puppets Like Zardari. Imran Khan, ANP , MQM , PPP and Pakistani Military are all united against Nawaz shareef. The combined opposition of all parties against Nawaz Shareef rightly tells of Nawaz Shareef Stature. He obviously stands high than all his foes combined.

BRAVO NAWAZ SHAREEF!

Zameer Uddin

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Ms. Bukhari please ask Nawaz Sharif first deliver to the people of Pakistan then ask for control of civilians over military. These Generals would never allow any civilian control unless he is sincere to the common people, like Tayyab Urdugan of Turkey.

BulandPak

Banned
Accomplishmets as under :

Motor way
Yellow Cab Scheme
Gawader Port
Sustained Master's pressure and did the Nuclear tests

All these along others in just half term ( 2.5 yrs)

Punishment : For non compliance to Pakistani Military and its Masters, Nawaz Govt was illegtimately over thrown, Pakistan kicked out of common wealth and the two brothers sent to exile by force

Muhd. Faheem

Voter (50+ posts)
:) Thats good then if we think this way then there is no one to vote. Let me explain my point once again the reason for supporting PML Team is when they will be in government these individual leaders will be the ministers. When there will be credible minister there will be hell of change. Currently there is not a single credible minister due to which government in facing greatest trouble. There are two main reasons First is corruption and second is Credibly, PPPP and their alliance is most corrupt and least credible. Now lets talk about Imran Khan , Imran Khan has good intentions but didn't creat a team since 15 years , secondly establishment supported , thirdly no idea of foriegn policy , gathering condoms of other parites. So to be very honest I am very much clear not to support PTI. But I think if PTI and PML N make alliance on the basis Imran Khan will be the fututre President then it will be great for Pakistan. Because Imran Khan is used to play one man show and have good intentions. So he will be definetly auditing the whole system. But I am very much against of both Nawaz Shareef and Imran Khan to be future Prime Ministers. Imran Khan should be president and Mian Nawaz shareef should be defence minister and prime minister should be someone like Shahbaz Shareef.

Good - at least we agree on this point.

Okay, I think I made couple of mistakes - first, I meant to say leaders but I used the same term you used, team. Second, I think I was not able to clarify my point.
I think we are saying the same thing - I dont have a problem with you following PML-N or being its supporter, its absolutely your prerogative. The point I was trying to make was that there are good individual leaders with capabilities in all parties but they are held hostage by one man shows and dictatorial trends in the political parties. And, yes PML-N is prone to this too. Also, there are indeed good individual leaders in PPP and MQM - You mentioned shahbaz sharif as a good administrator - now people call mustafa kamal of mqm as a very good administrator too - they may already have been sidelined or if they are not they are keeping quiet at this time. I am sure that if zardari, altaf or sharifs are hit by a bus tomorrow these good leaders will abandon ship in a jiffy.....they may be good leaders but they show lack of self confidence and there are reasons for them feeling this way too.

But, one thing I am going to say is that PML-N may have good individual leaders but they are held hostage by the sharifs - if the sharifs make a decision on the advice of the saudis since they are indebted to them for bailing them out - then the "good" individual leaders of the party will not be able to veto that decision. All parties are prone to this trend in pakistan - I am going to say something which PTI supporters will not like but Imran Khan himself have a tendency to be dictatorial - it showed in his cricket playing days (it was either my way or the highway) ....now lets hope that he has learned a thing or two after the hard slog of 15/16 years....

jee_nee_us

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
180 degrees turn? I would like to know what? Has he given up his stance on the military action or his stance on anti-corruption has changed? No politician or a pakistani citizen can be against the army , and Imran Khan is against the military action inside pakistan on pakistani citizens. People say that Imran khan does not tarrget zardari, Imran Khan did not take part in elections because of NRO which definitely ws most likely to benefit zardari and PPPThen again when PMLN was joining hands with PPP on making zardari president. It was only Imran khan and PTI who opposed.
PMLN did not join government because they wanted their next term but they helped zardari continue in all the hard times. Now when people started realizing that PMLN are hypocrites and are just waiting for their turn to loot they suddenly tried to become an opposition.
PMLN made zardari a president.
PMLN helped him stay
PMLN betrayed APDM.

Well is there anyone here who wants that pakistani army kill our own people and drones keep striking our own people? BE an anti-imran if you want.
Team only helps when they ahve some credibility and non-corrupt background, N-league is full of criminals and dakaits and you are saying that we given them another chance to loot this country.

Not going to happen.

People of the Pakistan are the new Establishment and we People of Pakistan support Imran Khan.