What if Pakistan did not have the bomb? Pervez Hoodbhoy

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: What if Pakistan did not have the bomb?

Taking an Idea and perfecting to usefulness is not theft. Rockets of the Tipu era was a crude idea but it had no effect on the British. First Rocket was built by India not Pakistan.

Idea of a Musket was a crude idea then perfected.

haha
Agar ham Piyay Tou Jal Aur Agar Tum Piyo Tou Zehr
Lagay Raho,
Wonder why are you considered as one of the better Indians on the forum !!

Unicorn

Banned

Can U deny the fact that our hero are Ur enemies, and vice versa? Do U remember the Great Sultan Mahmood Ghaznvi and SOMNAAT? Deception works only the blind.

I don't see Mehmood Ghaznvi as an enemy. He was a Afgani warlord who plundered and pillaged his accomplishment is the sacking of the Somnath temple and murdering everyone who opposed him I believe he slaughtered more Muslims due to his conflict with some Khalfiah.

Any warlord at the time did what he did, hindu or muslim, if he is your hero so what? In that country there are many for whom Osama is a hero while hated by the Americans, its the same thing.

Last edited:

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)

US hired German scientist, some of the scientists escaped Germany during Nazi rule, like Albert Einstein. Non of those scientist stole anything. When did Germans had dirty nukes? They had rockets with conventional bombs that were not effective as they had no guidance system. Mr Khan stole and then called it the product of his science.

Makkaar qoum ke makkaar fard! did your father witness his stealing? Don't you know that he was cleared by the international court?

kisi ne theek hi kaha hay, chor chori se jaye hera pheri se nahi. Tum bhi achi achi baten karte karte apni makkari dikhane se baaz nahi aatay. Is main tumhara qasoor nahi yeh tum logon ka built in feature hay.

Unicorn

Banned

Makkaar qoum ke makkaar fard! did your father witness his stealing? Don't you know that he was cleared by the international court?

kisi ne theek hi kaha hay, chor chori se jaye hera pheri se nahi. Tum bhi achi achi baten karte karte apni makkari dikhane se baaz nahi aatay. Is main tumhara qasoor nahi yeh tum logon ka built in feature hay.

Go check with the Dutch and Urenco its them who claim that he was a thief I only agree with them. Dutch made a documentary about him, and you won't find it pleasant.

Mughal1

Agreed, if India is doing some thing wrong, why would you want to emulate? because India would have attacked with bum? Remember Kargil, India was shelling into Pakistan to fight the so called non-state actors. Why did not Pakistan throw a bum then instead sent their PM rushing to America?

Remember India has moved away from making bums and now there are more Nuclear power plants producing tons of MW power to light many villages. On the other hand, I heard Pakistan has more bums than France and set to become fourth largest in number of bums.

In 21st century, it is the economics, trade and people who makes countries safe not the bums. India understands this and that is why our bum stockpile is way less than yours.

Dear only truth, is it possible to make any country safe the while we live by double standards? Double standard itself is recipe for wars. If we want peace then we must do things that help us create peace. Wishing for peace the while working for wars makes no sense to me.

If one party is working for wars, how can the other give up preparations for wars? If it did then it would become vulnerable. If countries like china and india despite being large population wise feel insecure then where do smaller countries stand?

Economic war is fundamental war because thereby some people are controlling livelihood of others. It is not a good idea to have free market economy because stronger economies can easily ruin weaker ones. The best way forward for people is to create a control mechanism that ensures all people have their livelihood without unnecessary fears and worries. We have technology to deliver goods and services for benefit of mankind. We rather destroy surplus than find ways of redistribution just to keep up mindset for profiteering.

It is in the interest of the world to not to follow wrong economic systems and political systems or any day that passes things will keep getting worse for more and more people. What a huge waste of human resource.

Human life means nothing nowadays because you either die by hunger or by wars. People who make arms are filling their boxes with money from both sides. This is why they want to continue wars when we are very capable of living in peace. It is therefore necessary to see where such people are taking the whole human race.

Economy needs to be based upon human needs and sensible desires and not that humans should be abused for economy.

So it is time for changing minds of people for better rather than worse or for keep going the same way that we have been going for generations.

We really need to look for humanist solutions rather than anti human.

regards and all the best.

Last edited:

Farooq Khan

MPA (400+ posts)

unicorn you may be right in your mindset but answer me one thing only if Dr.Abdul Qadeer Khan working for usa or any other country they will call top man it is not hard to understand history books are full regarding scientist going from europe to usa and former udssr after world wars for your comfort i will tell you two names von braun and fuchs they were german scients but later work for usa will you call them thives surely not because they help usa not india or Pakistan.
Mr. Hoodbhoy expresses his opinions and its fine to criticize him. He is a fine scientist and a good teacher. Out side of Pakistan Mr. A Q Khan is known as a thief.

Unicorn

Banned

Enriching Uranium does not mean that you are able to make nuclear device although it helps
There is a whole lot technology and facilities required to make the nuclear device

His background helped, no doubt, but he developed the mechanism with his team to convert this into a nuclear device

Now come to India, how much of your program is indigenous
did any of your scientists consult any books written by the west or you developed the whole thing from concept to delivery..

Enriching weapon grade Uranium is the key process in the making of the A-Bomb a device is the easiest part, Mr Khan could not make the device he had to rely on the thorium based Chinese design for device.

Unlike Pakistan so far there is no country in the world who claims that India stole or used technology from them.

desicad

Pakistan would not have had a nuclear bomb if india had not one! Why do we forget our neighbors designs? Why does india have N bombs? Are they against China/ or Russia? or Nepal? or Bangladesh?or Iran? or Afghanistan?
If Pakistan did not have N bombs PH would be a teacher in the primary school in a remote village somewhere in india! and I am sure he would be happy then. He can always go there even now, what is stopping him?
Mr. PH is blissfully ignorent of so many things or chooses to do so, thus the very fact that he has no idea of the politics surrounding Pakistan is enough to disregard his "Naive" comments as illogocal-while-living-in-a-fools-paradise should be enough.
Why would he be a primary teacher in India? This mindset that India is planning to swallow pakistan is what people like PH oppose.
He cannot go to India and what is stopping him is Indian residence visa. He definitely is not going to get it, not that he wants it in the first place.

GeoG

Enriching weapon grade Uranium is the key process in the making of the A-Bomb a device is the easiest part, Mr Khan could not make the device he had to rely on the thorium based Chinese design for device.

Unlike Pakistan so far there is no country in the world who claims that India stole or used technology from them.

I am not expert on making nuclear devices but as much as I know achieving weapon grade uranium is about 40 percent of accumulative process, you still need to design the explosive mechanism, delivery is obviously a different ball game. If it was that easy Iran would not seeking our help.

Now you are bringing Chinese in the equation so what if had claimed that we have copied all Chinese processes, you could say noting as you don't have the balls to confront China or name China in such a scenario.

Whenever you lose a cricket match specially against Pakistan, I make an effort to watch your idiot news channels, Match Ka Mulzm, bla bal,. If a nation can moan that much on just losing a match what do expect of them to give credit for our achievements. All this Propaganda is spread by your hyper media and you have started not only believing in it but quoting it here with such surety,
BTW I don't give a holy ... even if we have stolen it, this gives us a deep sense of security that you will think ten times before you try to step on this side of the border...

Unicorn

Banned

I am not expert on making nuclear devices but as much as I know achieving weapon grade uranium is about 40 percent of accumulative process, you still need to design the explosive mechanism, delivery is obviously a different ball game. If it was that easy Iran would not seeking our help.

Now you are bringing Chinese in the equation so what if had claimed that we have copied all Chinese processes, you could say noting as you don't have the balls to confront China or name China in such a scenario.

Whenever you lose a cricket match specially against Pakistan, I make an effort to watch your idiot news channels, Match Ka Mulzm, bla bal,. If a nation can moan that much on just losing a match what do expect of them to give credit for our achievements. All this Propaganda is spread by your hyper media and you have started not only believing in it but quoting it here with such surety,
BTW I don't give a holy ... even if we have stolen it, this gives us a deep sense of security that you will think ten times before you try to step on this side of the border...

I have no objection to Pakistan taking the technology from China it was done by both parties with full understanding. I would have no objection Pakistan purchasing or acquiring technology upon mutual understanding.

If Mr. Khan had not stolen the technology from Urenco Pakistan will still be incapable of making A-Bomb.

Unicorn

Banned

unicorn you may be right in your mindset but answer me one thing only if Dr.Abdul Qadeer Khan working for usa or any other country they will call top man it is not hard to understand history books are full regarding scientist going from europe to usa and former udssr after world wars for your comfort i will tell you two names von braun and fuchs they were german scients but later work for usa will you call them thives surely not because they help usa not india or Pakistan.

Yes, Von Braun and Oppenheimer were hired by the Americans to work on the project and they did there is no theft involved here. During American civil war they hired a Duch to design an Iron clad ship to counter the boat Miramar nothing was stolen. Pakistan could have hired scients to work on project and no one would have even peeped a single word. Everyone admits he was a very good metallurgist but not a scientist only a thief, thats according to Urenco and Dutch Govt. Watch their documentary on him.

Last edited:

GeoG

I have no objection to Pakistan taking the technology from China it was done by both parties with full understanding. I would have no objection Pakistan purchasing or acquiring technology upon mutual understanding.

If Mr. Khan had not stolen the technology from Urenco Pakistan will still be incapable of making A-Bomb.

So you have finally resigned from your big fat claims of Best Secular State and now happy to hold straw of Mr Khan taking blueprints from Holland, hey be happy, our prayers are with you. We have got the bomb and you keep burning your heart and soul. Lagay Raho...

Star Gazer

I don't see Mehmood Ghaznvi as an enemy. He was a Afgani warlord who plundered and pillaged his accomplishment is the sacking of the Somnath temple and murdering everyone who opposed him I believe he slaughtered more Muslims due to his conflict with some Khalfiah.

Any warlord at the time did what he did, hindu or muslim, if he is your hero so what? In that country there are many for whom Osama is a hero while hated by the Americans, its the same thing.

So ashoka was a war lord from india and I am sure he did not kill more hindus than any other invader?

Star Gazer

Why would he be a primary teacher in India? This mindset that India is planning to swallow pakistan is what people like PH oppose.
He cannot go to India and what is stopping him is Indian residence visa. He definitely is not going to get it, not that he wants it in the first place.

Why? because indian government sponsored statistics tell us who is the lowest on socioeconomic level despite having 25% population in india,that's why?
And how do you know that PH does not want indian visa? have you already offered one to him? You knowledge of his desires is amazing!

Star Gazer

Go check with the Dutch and Urenco its them who claim that he was a thief I only agree with them. Dutch made a documentary about him, and you won't find it pleasant.

I hope you saw the movie "Pirates of the silicon valley" And I am sure india has never stolen any technology from any where in the world,yeah,right.
Call it whatever,it doesn't make a difference does it?

desicad

Why? because indian government sponsored statistics tell us who is the lowest on socioeconomic level despite having 25% population in india,that's why?
And how do you know that PH does not want indian visa? have you already offered one to him? You knowledge of his desires is amazing!
No I have no knowledge of his desires and never offered any visa, was just making a point.
You actually went on a completely wrong track. I was only arguing why you think he wants to make India is home, primary teacher part is not important here.
Just because he writes articles and voices his views which you don't agree with, you labeled him as pro India?

Last edited:

desicad

I hope you saw the movie "Pirates of the silicon valley" And I am sure india has never stolen any technology from any where in the world,yeah,right.
Call it whatever,it doesn't make a difference does it?
It actually does make a difference.....just think and you should get the answer.

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Only and only Pervez Hoodbhoy can write such a trash of an article and be proud of it. I bet you before anyone can take away this country from us ( God Borbidden) He would be the first one to the gateway to welcome that force. Writting such a nonsense trash can only give the foreign forces another reason to justify their act of aggration against us. This writting is noting more than an act of treason with the country. I thought he was a reasonable writer, but his prejudice is more evident than ever.