What if Pakistan did not have the bomb? Pervez Hoodbhoy

Unicorn

Banned
Re: What if Pakistan did not have the bomb?

I hope you saw the movie "Pirates of the silicon valley" And I am sure india has never stolen any technology from any where in the world,yeah,right.
Call it whatever,it doesn't make a difference does it?

Pirates of silicon valley has nothing to do with India or Indian its about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. If state of India has stolen any technology show the evidence not one country in the world has ever make this allegation accept for you.

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: What if Pakistan did not have the bomb?

Pirates of silicon valley has nothing to do with India or Indian its about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. If state of India has stolen any technology show the evidence not one country in the world has ever make this allegation accept for you.

well, you only have to look at your movie industry to see if you guys are really stealing or not. The Atomic technology and other related weapons systems is not something Indian created in their homes.Obviously the Indians will never admit . Ask Canadians for the atomic reactor which was obtain for civilian purposes and used for the atomic blast. Canadians can tell you about your real motives , they have experienced of dealing with you.

Narcissist

Banned
Professor Hoodbhoy is brilliant person, and well respected academician; and as much Pakistani as much any other out of 180 million folk. Why is fuss there, if someone has different political point of view. We should not brand or label people unless and until proven so. Now about substance of his column; lets talk where he got wrong?

1:- Pakistan lost his one half, today's Bangladesh in 1971, and did this job very disgracefully? Did not we???
2:- Folk of Western Pakistan always had superiority complex of good height and physically well-built body, speaking Urdu and not eating fish and insulting attitude etc., were not the reasons to make eastern Pakistanis to be distant and finally separate from us??? and now Balochs are skipping from Pakistani fist like sand.
3:- Bengali's were not 54% of population share of Pakistan, and Awami league had not gained majority votes, back in 1971???
4:- Pakistani army had not killed half million Bengali's and raped 1000's of their women in war? and both sides; Pakistan army and Bengali women were not Muslim???
5:- Pakistan is/was not a magnet for all kind of Jihadis : Arabs, Chechens, Uzbeks, Uighurs, and various westerners. Recent big fish e.g. Osma bin Laden is not caught from army garrison Abbotabad???

Hoodbhoy merely gives glimpse of our shadows.....so calling him agent or whatever will not solve our problem. Jihadis and bombs are part of Pakistan's problem not Hoodbhoy. Think about it.

Unicorn

Banned
Only and only Pervez Hoodbhoy can write such a trash of an article and be proud of it. I bet you before anyone can take away this country from us ( God Borbidden) He would be the first one to the gateway to welcome that force. Writting such a nonsense trash can only give the foreign forces another reason to justify their act of aggration against us. This writting is noting more than an act of treason with the country. I thought he was a reasonable writer, but his prejudice is more evident than ever.

The producer of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers felt honored when he was shown Indian version of the movie but for you its a theft ask the Dutch if they felt honoured by A Q Khan's theft. Canad has never accused India for stealing technology they had accused India of using spent fuel from a Candu reactor for the purpose of detonation.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why would he be a primary teacher in India? This mindset that India is planning to swallow pakistan is what people like PH oppose.
He cannot go to India and what is stopping him is Indian residence visa. He definitely is not going to get it, not that he wants it in the first place.
This mindset is the result of the education they got over the years after separation. According to history, very recently Aparna Pande has written an article quoting Nehru saying in 1948 "Referring to the belief by many Pakistanis that India wanted the 'reunion' of India and Pakistan, as early as 1948 Nehru stated: "If today by any chance I were offered the reunion of India and Pakistan, I would decline it for obvious reasons. I do not want to carry the burden of Pakistan's great problems. I have enough of my own."

Also, she quotes Nehru "I believe that the best explanation of India's policy towards Pakistan lies in a speech given by Prime Minister Nehru in January 1948 at the Aligarh Muslim University. Nehru deliberately chose the settings of Aligarh to give his speech on India-Pakistan relations. The university at Aligarh was founded by a leading Muslim Sir Sayyid Ahmed Khan in the late 19th century and Aligarh's students and alumni were leading members of the Muslim League. Nehru pointed out that India has "been charged with desiring to strangle and crush Pakistan and to force it into a reunion with India. That charge, as many others, is based on fear and a complete misunderstanding of our attitude." According to Nehru if the Congress had really wanted to break up Pakistan they would not have agreed to Partition. "It was easier to prevent it then than to try to do so now after all that has happened." Nehru also stated emphatically that "There is no going back in history."

In the end she quotes Dr. Manmohan Singh and present foreign minister SM Krishna of today's India opinion on the subject: On June 9, 2009 Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stated in the Lok Sabha, "I sincerely believe it is in our vital interest therefore to try again to make peace with Pakistan … If the leaders of Pakistan have the courage, the determination and the statesmanship to take this road to peace, I wish to assure them that we will meet them more than half way."

(Source: Dr.Aparna Pande's book titled 'Explaining Pakistan's Foreign Policy: Escaping India' released in March 2011 by Routledge.) I believe may Indians and political leadership/military alike think the same way. "There is no going back in history"

Last edited:

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
The producer of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers felt honored when he was shown Indian version of the movie but for you its a theft ask the Dutch if they felt honoured by A Q Khan's theft. Canad has never accused India for stealing technology they had accused India of using spent fuel from a Candu reactor for the purpose of detonation.

Indians can be honored by mimicking the world, I never complained about it. As, a matter of fact, the fake is actually the better than the real, as you mentioned Dutch praising your talent in stealing as well. How would one argue when you are proud of the talent of stealing and faking. If Dr. Qadir has stolen anything from them, let them go to the court and complain about it. It looks to me Indians are more concerned about Dr. Qadir than looking after its own atomic theft team. using the spent fuel was not stealing ? I guess Indians just took it away, didn't steal it. Sure enough, since it was suppose to be an act of mimicking.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why? because indian government sponsored statistics tell us who is the lowest on socioeconomic level despite having 25% population in india,that's why?
And how do you know that PH does not want indian visa? have you already offered one to him? You knowledge of his desires is amazing!

PH is a true Pakistani. If he wants citizenship (forget visa) he would get it in no time.(Read his CV at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervez_Hoodbhoy).

ps: It is unfortunate such people are not recognized in Pakistan. I wish he applies for Indian visa/citzenship, GOI should grant and offer him Vice chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University.

Last edited:

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
Well to be fair, Whats wrong in stealing a secret, if it will improve your country's defence? I think I would. So I don't blame him. Economic and technological espionage is common. Pakistan didn't have to have nuck to avoid the break up.
1) It just had to treat bengalis fairly.
2) Kept a good neighbourly relations with India instead of attacking it 3 times.
3) Shouldn't have sponsored terrorism in India and Afghanistan.
4) Should have sat down on Table and dealt with Kashmir issue through negiotation with Kasmiri's interest at heart.
Educated, patriotic(tax paying) and moderate population is the best defence any country could have. Pakistan doesn't have any external enemies, it just has to focus on itself. Pakistan did survive even without the bomb for 50 years. Although having nuclear bomb did give you some clout, independence and insecurity but also gave you whole lot of other headaches.
With power comes responsibility but is pakistan responsible?

casper

MPA (400+ posts)
india your full of shiit....

u are pussys, u made the bomb 1st

our nukes are different that shows we can make things better cus u are thick

and what F..k u doing on our forum u retards get a life

were gonna finish u off soon, ur gonna be pakis soon so get use to it ... blah blah blah my **** with ur comments... F..ck off

were u in bangladesh at that time or stuck in ur dads pipe...??????

Last edited:

M javed

Banned
We were always nukes. Why don't you look back over a history of 1100 years when we ruled over India.

You are still scared of us - from within - why

We trust in God and are satisfied with what he gives us.

You still go to our shrines-why.

You know we are not people of double standards, we are true to others and we are true to ourselves.

We are a peace-loving nation. We do not commit aggressions on our neighbours.

Think - why are you holding Kashmiries as your hostages.

We do not dislike even you.

We dislike the way you behave in hidden and cunning manners.

You are using America and other world powers to settle your antagonism and enmity against us.

This is not the way - neighbours must deal with each other.

Do not use others shoulders to combat with us.

This is a continuous theft that you are committing from day one and you have done it hundreds of times.

It is strange you are blaming us.

Think - who is a thief you or we.

What-ever we could get to defend ourselves, we did it.

It is not a theft.

Theft is when you do it cold-bloodedly and not when you are dying of hunger and you eat something to save your life.

God created earth for the whole mankind. It is common between all of us. It is something different that we have created hegemonies and monopolies on it. this is against the laws of nature.

I hope our Indian friends will understand it.

dukelondon

Senator (1k+ posts)
Jis mulk mein Parveiz Hoodbhoy jaisay qabil insaan ki qadar na ho, us mulk ko tabahi say dunya ki koi taqat nahi bacha sakti.

Meray azeez Hum watno!! Abhi bhi waqt hai. Hosh mein aa jaao aur har cheez ka ilzaam CIA/RAW/Mosaad kay oopar thopnay aur har haq baat karnay waalay ko Yahoodi agent kehnay kay bajaey apni ghaltiyon ko tasleem karo aur apni safon mein chupay huay dushman ko pehchano. Dunya ka sab say aasaan kaam ilzaam tarashi karna hai aur sab say mushkil kaam apnhi ghaltiyan tasleem karna aur un ko durust karna hai. Dunya ki tarekh mein koi qaum ilzaam tarashi say taraqqi yaafta nahi hui balkay apni ghaltiyon ko tasleem karnay aur un ko theek karnay say hui hai. Hosh kay nakhun lo bhaiyon aur behno!!!!

Last edited: