US requested to hand over Aafia

alibhai

Councller (250+ posts)
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Rehman Malik sent a letter on Saturday to the United States Attorney General calling for repatriation of Dr Aafia Siddiqui to Pakistan.

He said as the case of Dr Aafia Siddiqui had become a matter of public concern in Pakistan, her repatriation would create goodwill for the US.

Mr Malik said there was also a humanitarian side to the episode as two of her children were living in uncertainty. The old mother of Dr Siddiqui is suffering from depression, the letter said.

The minister further stated that Dr Aafia Siddiqui could be deported to Pakistan under the UN Convention on prisoners. I would appreciate if you personally look into the matter and use your good office for helping in the repatriation of Dr Siddiqui to Pakistan.

He added that there were over 90 precedents in the legal history of the US where cases against such individuals were dropped on humanitarian grounds.APP

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...ront-page/us-requested-to-hand-over-aafia-990

alibhai

Councller (250+ posts)
I don't get Rehman Malik. Either she has done things to deserve the treatment metted to her or she hasn't. The US view is clear on this. The Pakistani agencies have to come out and clarify their take on this issue. You can't just have people in our country divided on every little thing because it might hurt feelings of one group or other. People will learn to deal with truth. But truth needs to come out. I wish some journalist would have asked the minister if he thought Aafia was guilty of terror related activity, or if her crime is of association by marriage only.

If she is not guilty, then all kinds of pressure should be put on US to release her and damages sought in US courts. If she is guilty then people should be told in clear terms that she got what she deserved. The truth for once. The hypocracy of muslim govts. needs to stop where they sleep with the US and tell people to hate the great satan.

HarrisS

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I don't get Rehman Malik. Either she has done things to deserve the treatment metted to her or she hasn't. The US view is clear on this. The Pakistani agencies have to come out and clarify their take on this issue. You can't just have people in our country divided on every little thing because it might hurt feelings of one group or other. People will learn to deal with truth. But truth needs to come out. I wish some journalist would have asked the minister if he thought Aafia was guilty of terror related activity, or if her crime is of association by marriage only.

If she is not guilty, then all kinds of pressure should be put on US to release her and damages sought in US courts. If she is guilty then people should be told in clear terms that she got what she deserved. The truth for once. The hypocracy of muslim govts. needs to stop where they sleep with the US and tell people to hate the great satan.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth, the truth is ..........
Sorry, couldn't resist :P

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
aapni izzat wapis mangi nahi jati ...usay wapis lia jata hai.....

bas jab hum yeh baat samagh gayay aur es kabil ho gayay na phir khabi koi aafia wala wakia ho ga he nahi......