US did not pay for Daviss release in Pakistan, says Clinton

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
clinton-543.jpg

CAIRO: The US government did not pay any compensation to the families of two Pakistanis killed by Raymond Davis, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday.

She said the US did not pay to win Daviss release, but she didnt dispute that the mens families were compensated.

The amount and source of money paid to the families is not yet completely clear.

Asked who paid the families, she replied: You will have to ask the families.

Asked if the Pakistani government had paid compensation, the US secretary of state said: you will have to ask the Pakistani government.

Clinton, however, said the United States was very grateful for the family pardon that led to the release of Davis.

The White House also welcomed the release of Davis. White House spokesman Jay Carney said he has no information to confirm that more than $2 million in blood money was paid to the families of the victims.

Asked about comments by lawyers for the victims families that they were paid by either the US government or the Pakistani government, Carney said: I dont have any information that would corroborate that.

Meanwhile, Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry in a statement pledged to strengthen United States relationship with Pakistan .

This was a very important and necessary step for both of our countries to be able to maintain our relationship and remain focused on progress on bedrock national interests, said the senator, hours after the release of Davis.

As I said last month in my visits to Lahore and Islamabad, we deeply regret the loss of life that led to this difficulty in our relationship and the demonstrations on Pakistans streets, but neither country could afford for this tragedy to derail our vital relationship.

We look forward to working with Pakistan to strengthen our relationship and confront our common challenges, added the senator.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Main Hoon Na, Khidmat Kay Liyay
King Abdullah of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

What a shame
A Muslim country paying for Release of a Non Muslim involved in the killing of Muslims.
Khuda Hi Tum Say Poochay.

student

Senator (1k+ posts)
acha jee bari meharbani indianguy.... jao apna kaam kero.. Pakistani bakhabar hian..ye news khanto pehlay pata lag gaye hay...
America abhee India ki tera Pakistan mai aag lagana chahta hay, ke awam mai mayusi bhailay aur apas mai laray meray.... Paisay tu diye hain America ne... Clinton jo marzi kahay... per inshAllah halat eik se nahi rehtay.. India ki khushi ke din tab tak hain jab tak America afghanistan mai hay.... holo khush... tum log khud bhee atish fishan per baithay ho... China ko bhool jao ge..apni per jaye ge...

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Main Hoon Na, Khidmat Kay Liyay
King Abdullah of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

What a shame
A Muslim country paying for Release of a Non Muslim involved in the killing of Muslims.
Khuda Hi Tum Say Poochay.

And how did you do this math??? Please see a doctor as they need to change your medication.

Last edited:

QaiserMirza

It is said that Punjab Government had paid the amount.
Americans dont lie, they are not Muslim.
H. Clinton said they didnt pay.

Star Gazer

Hairat hai, aik aur moka jab ham ko united hona tha ham apnay apnay emotins mein intnay involved hain keh phi larai shuroo ho gai.

zeshaan

Nawaz aoor shehbaz kay asasoon kee khabar rakhain shayad unhoon nay pay kia hoo,Rana sanaullaj keee bhee jaidad kaheen kamm too naheen hoo gaayee yaa iskay ulat huaa hoo.unn mutasara afrad koo kiamila hay,yeh bhee kisee nay soochaa hay.

M

mimran301

I read that these families will get money from Kerry Lugar bill, which is 1.5 billion dollars for each year.

Star Gazer

@ mr indiaguy, Do you really think I care how you rate my posts but the fact that you did rate the post bad when it was calling for the unity of Pakistani people tells me what a two faced person you are and what are your motives.
Thora intizar karo, tumharay karmoon karma hunay walla hai, INSHA ALLAH.

crankthskunk

Hillary is right; Americans didnt pay any money to the families?

It appears our Government paid the money to the families of the two man murdered by Raymond Davis. In that case, Hillary Clinton is right to say, Americans didnt pay any blood money.

In yesterday program, another of so-called pillar of Pakistani Journalism Nusrat Javed to clear PPP from the role it played in the release of Davis was toeing the line that this deal to release Davis was very good for Pakistan. He made these points in his program Bolta Pakistan, since yesterday similar points are raised by many paid journalists.

1- Davis and Americans as a proxy have admitted that Davis was a killer. Well you must be living on the moon not to understand that he is a killer, he never claimed he didnt murder two men he used self-defence excuse though.

2- They admitted Davis had no immunity. Once again, everyone knew straight away in first 24 hours he had no immunity, he was not a diplomat but a spy.

3- By paying Deeat money Americans have accepted that Islamic Sharia is good and humane. And that Americans have to accept other parts of Sharia are also good, therefore stopping them to pick and choose or denounce Sharia.There is no doubt Sharia is good and humane, we Muslims live by it in our personal lives every day. But now with this news in the media, it is proven, Americans didnt use the deeat route, our slave Government did to please their masters, and fulfil their promise that they will release Davis by hook or crook. Crook it was, at the end of the day.

There is also another fact very clear which some of Pakistani Journalists keep forgetting, Davis should have been charged for spying and other charges under two different Laws of Pakistan. Something which Punjab Government and Federal Government both purposefully failed to do, because by charging Davis under spying and subversion activities against the State of Pakistan the matter would have been removed from the hands of the families members.

No one should doubt both Federal and Punjab Governments were involved in this conspiracy against Pakistan and its people, they keep repeating over and over, Davis case would be dealt by the Courts under the Laws of Pakistan. We should have been warned from the same mantra from both parties. I had my doubts, I always thought they are going to use Deeat once their efforts to provide him immunity under diplomatic cover blown by public reaction.

The role played by ISI and the Army is even more disturbing for the people of Pakistan. Let's face the facts, it was Musharaf who has provided all the facilities to the Americans, initially. General Kiyani was ISI cheif at that time, he was involved in most what Musharaf did, it is very much clear now, he was also involved in providing safe passage to Musharaf. He was also involved in arranging the NRO under which it is now evidently clear Benazir was killed with a deep rooted conspiracy to install corrupt and characterless Zardari on Pakistani public, these were missions accomplished with full blessing and participation of General Kiyani.

The fact that Americans were also keen that Pakistani Government gives 3 years extension to General Kiyani. I still remember what Gilani said after these extensions were awarded, the General, Chief Justice and Gilani himself are secured until the end of term for PPP. And recent extension to General Pasha of ISI by Gilani another proof that both the Generals have used these opportunities to stay in their jobs on the pretension of continuity.

We can not expect anything else from these sold out corrupt politicians. For them their overseas bank balances are very important, if they do not follow the instruction of their Masters, they face the real possibilities of freeze on their overseas accounts. Why would they give up on stolen and looted wealth so easily? On the waste of lives of two young Pakistanis? You kidding me? They have killed thousands of Pakistanis directly or indirectly to accumulate this wealth, what difference the two murders would make for them? The recent killings in Karachi on the orders of PPP are case in point.

Wake up Pakistan, before it is too late.

69271818.gif

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Hillary is right; Americans didnt pay any money to the families?

Try to understand this

Pakistani are willing to sell their mother for 10 dollars.

Pakistans are worst nation exist in this world

Pakistani can do anything for DOLLARS

Dont expect this national will WAKE up, Raymod david case is the prime exampel where all Pakistan involved in releasing him (ARMY, POLICE, ISI, AIRPORT STAFF, JUDICIARY, Politician and Civil org and normal Pakitanis, Media)

Pakistan is So called MUSLIM country in reallity worst than any NON muslim country. Non Muslim country and Non Muslum people are better than our Paksitan Muslim people.

They can sell the religion for DOLLAR
They can sell the Daughter/Mother for DOLLAR

Last edited:

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Re: Hillary is right; Americans didnt pay any money to the families?

Try to understand this

Pakistani are willing to sell their mother for 10 dollars.

Pakistans are worst nation exist in this world

Pakistani can do anything for DOLLARS

Dont expect this national will WAKE up, Raymod david case is the prime exampel where all Pakistan involved in releasing him (ARMY, POLICE, ISI, AIRPORT STAFF, JUDICIARY, Politician and Civil org and normal Pakitanis, Media)

Pakistan is So called MUSLIM country in reallity worst than any NON muslim country. Non Muslim country and Non Muslum people are better than our Paksitan Muslim people.

They can sell the religion for DOLLAR
They can sell the Daughter/Mother for DOLLAR

Please replace "Pakistan" with our "Corrupt Rulers" and you know very well our Rulers are not Pakistanis, they are either US or UK Citizens....

And Shareef Brothers are the Slaves of both US & Saudi...

Judiciary & ISI have also exposed very badly...

O God, we are ruled by our own Enemies and Bloody Wolfs

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
@ mr indiaguy, Do you really think I care how you rate my posts but the fact that you did rate the post bad when it was calling for the unity of Pakistani people tells me what a two faced person you are and what are your motives.
Thora intizar karo, tumharay karmoon karma hunay walla hai, INSHA ALLAH.

I don't rate anyone. everyone has right to say what they believe.My motive is to wish Pakistan good luck and have peace among Pakistanis.most of my threads are eye opener but your comments are Anti Indian and you are spreading hate among fellow pakistani. you need to expand your horizon and accept the reality and stop poisoning innocent pakistani people.
You need to work toward getting your house in order and avoid making senseless statement about India.